Fred Dekker on the original third act

Started by RidgeTop, Jul 13, 2019, 06:02:04 AM

Author
Fred Dekker on the original third act (Read 26,443 times)

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 13, 2019, 09:05:28 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 13, 2019, 05:26:55 PM
You co-star in Predator you're qualified to write Predator, apparently.

If only there had been some clue.

Interesting that IM3 was the exact same problems as The Predator: abuse of out of place comedy and completely unrelated story and characters to the brand the movie is named after, so i know that is a Shane thing and not a studio being **** thing.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Dude you do not get my point. No movie gets made untill studio says yes. If i give you two choices one good one bad and you choose bad then it is your fault not the guy who had the bad idea

Enjoy

Enjoy

Fox chooses when and who. If they made better choices then we would be getting a better movie. Not shanes fault fox fell for it.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Shane had a bad idea and fox green lit that idea. Fox could have hired someone else with a better idea.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Also Fox news is racist as f**k.

dinosauriac

dinosauriac

That interview is just headache-inducing. Shane and Fred seem like okay guys, and I've got a lot of respect for their early work, but this just reads like someone who doesn't understand the basics of the universe they're working in. Every idea that was thrown out was legitimately worse than what was put in or made no logical sense whatsoever, and what actually end up in the movie was terrible to begin with.

When you have the balls to conduct interviews pre-release saying "we'd only do this if it's a real event picture!" and talk up how it's their dream project etc. Then the final product looks like a SyFy Original, feeling cheaper than AVPR and dumber than Alien Resurrection. Not to mention the sheer hubris of calling it THE Predator, like some franchise reboot.. God the more I learn about this thing the worse it is.

Enjoy

Enjoy

I almost feel that this is all political or out of spite or just about paying off some Fox ceo's private island and not about making a great movie that sticks to what makes predator interesting. Legend studios stan winston for example.
I need another pay check so make a predator movie dont care the fans will pay anyway.

Enjoy

Enjoy

seems like hollywood lies ? :o

Wysps

Quote from: razeak on Jul 14, 2019, 10:41:48 PM
Perfect storm of bad script, bad casting, bad directing, and studio meddling.  I gave it another try, but it was worse since I already knew the humorous moments.

These two franchises have it rough. That could be a documentary on its own. You have to do something new, but it should probably be slight deviations rather than total overhauls .

This so much. I mean, if you're going to make changes, at least do it incrementally imo. Don't completely change things so its almost like a different franchise altogether.

Glaive

There's a new Predator film??

Nameless_1

Nameless_1

Even the lab escape scene is terrible once you closely watch it and see all of the poor choreography, from soldiers with rifles trying to attack at close range to the Fugitive's terrible gun handling.

Enjoy

Enjoy

It was a step or three backwards for sure. The begining scene with the predator jumping from tree to tree and getting guts pourd on his face is still fun to watch.
It is by far the most unrewatchable  predator film. With tiny silvers of entertainment scattered about.

I hope Disney can do better.

Kradan

Quote from: Glaive on Jul 19, 2019, 11:30:47 PM
There's a new Predator film??

Yeah, something they call The Predator. Not sure what it is though. But trailers look ... interesting.

HumanPredator

HumanPredator

"So our idea was that their planet is dying. And so they've decided to take what previously was explored, which is to dope up creatures with the DNA of other types of predators from alien worlds and create new targets for their hunt. But now they realized, well, hey, we need maybe to upgrade ourselves just to survive. And then they go to themselves, well, hey, earth is warming up. We like a warm environment. Maybe we should move in. So the premise of the movie is that in the third act was these two predators come aboard the ship and everybody's freaking out and the predators actually want to communicate. They want to say, "Hey, we've got a problem, you have a problem. Maybe we should team up." "

This whole thing of "this happens...and that happens...and this happens" is why the movie failed.  This whole idea was garbage.

Huggs

The only parts of The Predator I could tolerate were the opening in the woods, the interior parts of the base escape, and a few moments in the forest hunt at the end.

As far as I'm concerned, the franchise excels at close quarters horror and sci-fi. Politics and global implications are just not its thing. Hostile predators hunting people in the subway, in buildings, alleyways, patches of forest. That's where the magic is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed