AvPR DVD/Blu-Ray US Release

Started by Darkness, Feb 07, 2008, 06:06:10 PM

Author
AvPR DVD/Blu-Ray US Release (Read 8,406 times)

Darkness

Darkness

More news on the release date of AvPR on DVD. High Def Digest have revealed the AvPR Blu-Ray and standard DVD will go on sale on April 15, 2008 in the US – the same release date as Predator on Blu-Ray.

“Confirming earlier speculation. Fox has alerted retailers that it plans to bring ‘Alien vs. Predator: Requiem’ to Blu-ray this April. Word first surfaced of a ‘AVPR’ Blu-ray release at CES last month, when Fox previewed some of the bonus features planned for the disc, including a BD-Live-based interactive game. Anticipation was further stoked only days later when Fox announced an April 15 Blu-ray debut for the original ‘Predator’ — a date which promised to be an obvious cross-promotional launch for the latest big-screen installment. Now Fox has confirmed to retailers that the dueling species of ‘Requiem’ will indeed attack Blu-ray on April 15, day-and-date with the standard-def DVD.”

Thanks to Samus007 for the news.

frakaster

frakaster

fox should have released the dvd in christmas in a direct-to dvd movie and forget the shame of this film... lol 1st comment wow!

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Does this also include the Extended Cut DVD as well?

Nosferatus

Nosferatus

hope that release date in Europe won't be much later

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Looking forward to this, should be a good release. Will the DVD be 2 disc?

Cellien

Cellien

Considering Predator Blu-Ray is to be $40 with not a lick of special features, I wonder how much AvP-R will be since it has special features.  $60? $80? $100?  Fox is retarded even at $40.

theclash

theclash

I can't wait to not buy this.

Starkiller

Starkiller

I really like the bros. they are good people and hardcore fans! iv'e said it alot of time's but if there is an AVP3 (i hope so) then the brothers strause have to return to direct as they are taking the franchise in the right direction, if only they had a great script, budget, cast and crew, they would make an epic.  For anybody who hates the movie (which you are entitled to) dont blame the bros. blame shane for a lame script and fox for a rubbish budget and all there restrictions!  Peace to colin and greg, may the force be with you    ;)  

Starkiller

Starkiller

Does anybody know when it come's out in the UK? plus will it be released on standard DVD?  Im still old skool!    ;D  

Bio Mech Hunter

Cool. Even though I found the movie extremely disappointing (I'd like to slap around the Strause Bros. for several stupid decisions; namely the incessent Pred worshipping   :P  ), I'm still picking it up. lol It's not like I hated the film.  Hell, I'd probably pick it up even if I did hate it just because I'm an obsessive compulsive completist. lol   ;)  

samus007

samus007

Suggested retail is going to be 39.99, which means that on Amazon it will sell for probably 24.99 or 29.99, like most Blu-Ray discs are on Amazon. As for the standard DVD, 14.99 week one, then 19.99 for a while, then 9.99 at the bargain bin.  I may not have loved the movie, but i am looking forward to adding it to my collection. And seeing it in HD will be nice.  :)

Bio Mech Hunter

Starkiller: "For anybody who hates the movie (which you are entitled to) dont blame the bros. blame shane for a lame script and fox for a rubbish budget and all there restrictions!"  I agree for the most part, but likewise, it's this same reason fans REALLY need to lay off Anderson.   ;)    I really can't say I'd be happy if the Strause Bros. returned to do an AVP3, though. lol There were quite a few very stupid decisions made on their part, and their part alone. Mainly regarding canon and faithfulness to both the franchises, and the creatures themselves.   >:(  

beeko

beeko

the australian release has no extras except audio commentry. very lame

Jun Saotome

Jun Saotome

APRIL 15???   That's kinda FAR away. This DVD better be gold. The movie certainly was.    >:(  

konradski

konradski

to the uk guys just check play.com you can have them send you an email when its available  also they  have the sound track of the film for £8.95 the pred figure that the guys posted on this site is £9.99 free p&p all the 7" figures are 9.99 free p&p should i say here look for yourselve,s  http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype=allproducts&searchstr ing=alien+vs+predator+requiem&page=search&pa =search&go.x=48&go.y=10  note the price,s usualy drop on items  and they usualy have the films when they come out in america due to them being jersey based (no not new jersey)   ::)   there are other site,s but i wont post them as their foreign and i wouldnt want somone going wtf this and how do i read taiwanese/insert asian country here   ;D   stick to the easy  one .uk chaps    ;)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed