Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 12:50:11 AM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 110,596 times)

Seegson

Seegson

Ironically, the sentence "its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility" fits perfectly for this game xD

Darkness

Darkness

I just finished the Crew Expendable DLC. Not bad but shorter than I thought. It's checkpoint based saves this time though I still suffered cheap deaths in the vents section. Still scares the hell out of me... I don't think my heart can take much more.

LARGE

LARGE

Whats with ppl complaining about the game is too hard and too long? Isnt that a good thing? I remember when playing hard games, when i get frustrated I just stop for a while and then start fresh again. Thus you wont beat the game in one day and have a good time some longer...

I remember when playing AVP2 with the alien there were four sentry guns in a corridor with some battle droids and I couldnt pass them for hours. I didnt know then that the sentries could be deactivated and just brute force rushed them over and over again till i passed.. nostalgia 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 07, 2014, 10:06:38 AM
I just finished the Crew Expendable DLC. Not bad but shorter than I thought. It's checkpoint based saves this time though I still suffered cheap deaths in the vents section. Still scares the hell out of me... I don't think my heart can take much more.

Just finished my first out in the open encounter with the Alien. It wasn't a particularly atmospheric part of the station but my heart was still going crazy when I'd got away.

MrLee

MrLee

I have literally just purchased a PS4 solely to play this game. So in a few days, PS4 and Alien Isolation shall arrive. I now truly hope the game will be awesome. I will be taking over the downstairs of the house with surround sound plugged in and i intend for bricks to be shat. 

I will then, true to my nature post a typical MrLee review. It will either be of extreme geeky praise, of a swear ridden rant filled with harsh realities and misery! LOL

robbritton

robbritton

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Oct 07, 2014, 01:27:06 AM
Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Oct 07, 2014, 12:31:47 AM
There's a part in the beginning of the game where you wait for a slow tram while the music gets more and more intense and you can hear noises. So then I think "Oh, it's like Amnesia...they're just messing with me to build the suspense". So I went back....and uh, yeah. They're not playing around.  :'(

That is fantastic. I was so sure that was one of the game's only scripted moments, for the intro.

It was actually there?! I was sure my near miss was scripted! Wow!

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: robbritton on Oct 07, 2014, 04:13:14 PM
There's a part in the beginning of the game where you wait for a slow tram while the music gets more and more intense and you can hear noises. So then I think "Oh, it's like Amnesia...they're just messing with me to build the suspense". So I went back....and uh, yeah. They're not playing around.  :'(

That is fantastic. I was so sure that was one of the game's only scripted moments, for the intro.

5:20 minute mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qujgqReNP_0#ws

Seegson

Seegson

During my experience, in that section...when the "trasport" arrive the alien falls from the ceiling and the doors closed "in the last second". I was sure it was scripted O_O

The game is awesome, cool graphics, excelent (really excelent) sound, great alien...but (and its really the only bad point for me so far) the human AI its so bad that its hard to believe. Im.not talking about companions, becouse Axel...was perfect)

ChanceVance

ChanceVance

Has anybody given easy difficulty a go and can tell me what the difference in AI and other things there might be between easy and the other difficulties?I don't like survival horror games and especially ones where I'm prone to tear my hair out yet as an Alien fan I feel have to play it so was wondering what easy difficulty is like

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

8/10 so far. Game is very difficult, even if you've played other stealth games. Playing fearlessly definitely isn't the best way to go, but being somewhat fearful along with somewhat cautious seems to be the best way so far. Panicked when I ran into 2 droids, so ended up bashing one over the head with a maintenance jack and shooting the other droid in the face with the revolver....then hid. Still 8/10, graphics are superb although it lags on my AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4ghz and Radeon HD 6970. I chalk that up to having an outdated board and not enough/good quality ram.

Jango1201

Jango1201

I can only sum up experience by this: I have never been so afraid of my beloved Alien until today's first play through! Welcome back my old friend, you have been sorely missed.

ikarop

ikarop

About 8 hours in and I love it so far. Couple of bugs here and there, the most annoying one being when you get to a zone with a little fog and the screen gets extremelly cloudy. Sometimes the screen stays like that even after you get out of the foggy area.

A big concern I have is that I'm playing the main game on hard mode and it doesn't seem that much difficult to me. I'm not a super skilled gamer or anything and I suck when playing the DLC so I'm not sure why it seems rather easy to me. Kinda a pity since there doesn't seem to be more modes than the usual three.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Me and Chris have found medium a bit too easy. I think it's when you go in with the right mentality and play it properly, doesn't seem so hard.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Seegson on Oct 07, 2014, 10:05:42 PM

During my experience, in that section...when the "trasport" arrive the alien falls from the ceiling and the doors closed "in the last second". I was sure it was scripted O_O

The game is awesome, cool graphics, excelent (really excelent) sound, great alien...but (and its really the only bad point for me so far) the human AI its so bad that its hard to believe. Im.not talking about companions, becouse Axel...was perfect)

i had some moments aswell. i was in the Gemini section /not spoiling/ and i was opening some doors, going around and it totally looked like a scripted part where the Alien jumped at me  i got knocked down but not killed me somehow  and dissapeard right away:DD dunno why ...maybe i pulled out the flamethrower?

i think its the best Alien game in every aspect
Spoiler

i jettisoned...well the Marshall the xeno already and im after Samuels but still got the feeling the Alien will show up like in the movie(s) :D no way that i have to fight through so MANY androids for so LONG just to find out Samuels is a bad or goo d robo. that would be a let down for the ending
[close]

and yeah i havent used any crafted stuffs...i was always waiting, hiding and running. motion tracker is the best way and the flamethrower :3  gotta love the rythm of this game

Quote from: Xenoscream on Oct 05, 2014, 07:49:52 PM

My current review score is 8.5/10, it looses points for HL2 level character models and some crappy lines. I think it will end up dropping to an 8, the key thing which is missing at the moment is emotional investment, I just want to survive and couldn't give two hoots about one of the injured characters you are trying to help.

thats the bigest issue for me aswell :) it would needed more character development, its a must have for a survivor horror

BTW i was always in a rush to read the logs. anyone got killed while was on a computer?

MR EL1M1NATOR

MR EL1M1NATOR

I'm enjoying the game but the experience got ruined somewhat by the so called intelligent AI of the Alien. Fair enough being unpredictable, but teleporting all the time is just annoying. There have been several occasions where I have been hiding, with the alien in sight, he moves through a door, or round a table, then he appears somewhere completely different. After you die on the same bit a few times the tension is gone and it just becomes frustrating. Especially after being really careful and get killed so cheaply.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed