New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,342 times)

Kailem

Have Daybreak made anything of note? This is the first time I've heard of them.

Nightmare Asylum

Can't say I've ever heard of Daybreak before.

Corporal Hicks

H1Z1 and DC Universe Online to name 2. There's a bunch more on their Wiki page.

Voodoo Magic

Hopefully we'll start to see some press regarding the upcoming game indeed!

Nice article Hicks!

Xhan

Daybreak shepherded Everquest and DCO. As bosses go CI could have done much much worse, + Disney does not f**king get video games and never have. That's the good news.

The bad news is CI better have their shit together in terms of long term monetization.= now, not later.

PAS Spinelli

Y'know, I can't help but being excited for this, just hope they stick to the older retro Alien designs instead of the modern stick bug ones

Kradan

Nightmare Asylum

I'm kinda of expecting the game to go full Kenner with its Aliens, honestly. If this is supposed to be an open-world shlooter a la Destiny then they're going to need enemy variety. :-\

Kradan

As long as they don't have ACM-level of AI - why not ?

Nightmare Asylum

Putting the awful enemy AI aside, even just in terms of design and story I thought Colonial Marines pushed things way too far there.

I'd be more interested in visiting a lab that was experimenting on Aliens and yielding all kinds of weird mutations a la the Newborn or the Neomorphs or the various Prometheus creatures than I would be in seeing dozens of Aliens that just have these radically different builds and "attack modes" solely for the sake of gameplay. But then, the random Aliens in Colonial Marines are just one symptom of a much larger problem that all trickled down from someone deciding that it would be a good idea for Hadley's Hope to still be standing.

Utilizing the pathogen from the prequels in the game would be a good way to get some weird genetic offshoots in there and up the enemy variety, I think.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 11, 2020, 06:46:10 PM
Putting the awful enemy AI aside, even just in terms of design and story I thought Colonial Marines pushed things way too far there.

Sorry, but...

#TurkHappens

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 11, 2020, 06:34:07 PM
I'm kinda of expecting the game to go full Kenner with its Aliens, honestly. If this is supposed to be an open-world shlooter a la Destiny then they're going to need enemy variety. :-\
We are probably getting varied enemy type via humans aswell
Betting that WY and Androids will play a big part in this, Alien wise we'll probably see 3 variations per host, Drone, Warrior and Praetorian, that also not mentioning how they'll go with probable Alien experiments such as K-Series like stuff

Adam802

Great news to hear its still happening!  Glad they found a publisher.

Richman678

Call me....not convinced. I'll be shocked if this game comes out and if it does it will be rushed out the door and suck.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Richman678 on Aug 11, 2020, 08:36:21 PM
Call me....not convinced. I'll be shocked if this game comes out and if it does it will be rushed out the door and suck.

Your optimism is refreshing. 

;)  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed