All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,790,642 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Dec 27, 2018, 04:30:57 AM
We've seen multiple versions of Shadows of the Empire with Han Fauxlo Dash Rendar.  We don't need another one.
Where? Solo doesn't count. :P I also don't bother with anything else but the movies and some of the tv shows. I'm probably way too old for the movies as it is but hey we all have our vices.

So I'm assuming you mean games, comics or something other than a movie. I'd rather have a Dash Render film than Episode IX at this point.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 27, 2018, 04:47:57 AM
Did Thirdborn get any Star Wars merch for Christmas?

Yeah some Lego.

He's very into LOTR right now though.

QuoteSo I'm assuming you mean games, comics or something other than a movie. I'd rather have a Dash Render film than Episode IX at this point.

SOTE had everything but a film - novel, comic, video game, toys, soundtrack.  Since you're only into movies - why would you want a story that you apparently know nothing about?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I played and like the game on the N64 back in the day and that's pretty much it. All of this EU stuff is great and all and every once in a while I catch a few of them but I'm not that type of fan. I'm definitely an anime before manga kind of person.

And hell man, we all wanted a movie about the Space Jockey and we didn't know jack shit about it and the EU stuff is terrible. To hell with opinions. Heck most of us didn't even know we wanted a movie about it until Scott  decided to make one.

What did you expect from that.

SM

SM

what?

The Old One

The Old One

-Ah, a Podcast.

Seriously though, adapt KOTOR 1 & 2 + The Darth Bane Trilogy.

You could easily get nine films out of that story alone.

1. Mandalorian War
2. Jedi Civil War
3. KOTOR
4. KOTOR II 1/3
5. KOTOR II 2/3
6. KOTOR II 3/3
7. Darth Bane Path Of Destruction
8. Rule Of Two
9. Dynasty Of Evil

Nostromo

Nostromo

Is it possible to delete Episodes 7, 8 and Solo?

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 24, 2018, 06:47:03 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Dec 24, 2018, 11:45:56 AM
Whip whip stir whip whip stir!

Have you been watching all the recent YouTube video rants about TLJ on the first anniversary of its release?

Lol yes, actually spent an hour watching some last weekend. This is the best one by far. All 3 parts.

https://youtu.be/vw7pcCj0ORk

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Nostromo on Dec 27, 2018, 01:34:04 PM
Is it possible to delete Episodes 7, 8 and Solo?

As if Disney would ever admit their mistakes.

Star Wars as a movie franchise was finished in 1983, now we are only watching it's puppeted corpse being paraded about for pennies out of nostalgia. And sure it have some good moments once in while, but mostly its disappointing.

The Old One

The Old One

I believe Star Wars still has potential as a film franchise,
but has been executed poorly in film since 1983.

I mean, I will reiterate;
KOTOR, TSL & The Darth Bane Trilogy's excellent.
So it's not like it can't be done. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I get the feeling that The Old One wants some Darth Bane and KOTOR movies.

The Old One

The Old One

I'd like some good movies,
adapting stories that are already good would make that more likely.

+KOTOR 2's the best Star Wars story anyway.

Vertigo

Vertigo

I'd just really like a film with either a first draft script from Chris Avellone, or written in the style of his KOTOR 2 work.

I kind of feel that Revan and the events of KOTOR 1 only take on the weight with which we now view them because of the context that Avellone provided in the sequel. It was there that we were introduced to Revan as a brilliant, morally grey general who voluntarily embraced the dark side and invaded the Republic to prepare the galaxy for a worse threat.

...Whereas when Bioware's writers got hold of the property again in TOR, Revan just became the brainwashed puppet of the Sith Emperor.

The Old One

The Old One

Vertigo, my man.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What if they adapt the story so that Revan and Bane are contemporaries?

Why can't Revan be the protagonist while Bane is the lone surviving Sith of the trilogy?  It could take place at the end of the Sith Empire that Palpatine alluded to in ROTS.

You could even have a mash-up of all the best Sith characters from the KOTOR games and Bane novels.

Nostromo

Nostromo

So how come you guys hate the 2000's prequels so much. There's some pretty good stuff in them. Not like this utter turd crud crap that Disney is making. (Besides Rogue One).

If I could rate them,

I'd go:

Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones (Interesting settings/planets/Jango)
Return of the Jedi
Phantom Menace
Rogue One

:o ;D

Force Awakens
The Last Jedi

Solo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed