Prometheus Creature Concept Art

Started by bobcunk, Jun 14, 2012, 03:18:34 AM

Author
Prometheus Creature Concept Art (Read 28,268 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 15, 2012, 03:14:13 AM
I think where it goes wrong, is the mouth.  I like the inner jaw, but the mouth is too big, and makes it look like a Pteranodon or something.  I like the concept art here because it's a much smaller mouth, even with the thinner lower jaw, it ends up looking so much better.

There are a few frames in the film where the creature DID look like the Alien from Alien vs Ninjas. A dinosauroid, dolphin-esque snout and teeth. But thankfully, it was only during one of the brief fade in/out shots.

When the inner jaw juts out, I thought it was great.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 14, 2012, 06:11:03 AM

So fantastically weird.

They must have run out of money and couldn't afford to do these like this ... transparent, painful looking gigantism of the cranium. Judging from the making of book, it looks like they did lean towards these designs for awhile but didn't go with them in favor of Burn Victim Astronaut Contortionist Caveman.

Actually that's what it DID look like until it was edited back.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: nostromo mechanic on Jun 15, 2012, 03:43:49 PM
I've always viewed the Xeno's as a rapidly evolving species with each subsequent generation having noticeably different features than the previous generation. That's why it's been referred to as "the perfect organsim". When it takes humans thousands of years to develop features to suit our enviroment, when it can happen to Xeno's in just one or two generations.  I believe the Deacon is just an early form of Xeno that will evolve into the one that we know and even continue into who-knows-what eventually.

Couldnt of said it better.

whatisthematrix

it might have been too "the thing" if Fifield had mutated

but then again, the studio could have just wanted to dumb down the "horror"

or

ridley scott changed his mind

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: xii22loop on Jun 14, 2012, 04:04:04 AM
looks like the Newborn almost, except not stupid.

That was what the newborn should have been.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

He Newborn brilliantly succeeded at what it intended to be.

Quote from: Xhan on Jun 16, 2012, 02:35:53 AM
And thank God it was.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 16, 2012, 10:58:57 AM

And thank God it was.

Yeah. From what I saw in the art book ... the final Fifield monster actually looked very similar to a 'realistic' Mars Attacks alien or the Chattering Cenobite from Hellraiser.

I've made my piece with Burn Victim Astronaut Contortionist Caveman.

However, a part of me wants a semi-gelatinous, pain-wracked, horribly distorted abomination that's last scrap of humanity is just looking to be put out of it's misery.

With the advances of married practical and cgi ... I think an amalgam of what we got and ...

This ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tx_CaXqp9U#ws

Would have been damn scary and horrifying without it being too much "The Thing."

PredatorsInstinct

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 16, 2012, 12:51:14 PM

And thank God it was.

Yeah. From what I saw in the art book ... the final Fifield monster actually looked very similar to a 'realistic' Mars Attacks alien or the Chattering Cenobite from Hellraiser.

http://www.horrorphile.net/images/hellraiser-chatterer-cenobite.jpg

However, a part of me wants a semi-gelatinous, pain-wracked, horribly distorted abomination that's last scrap of humanity is just looking to be put out of it's misery.

With the advances of married practical and cgi ... I think an amalgam of what we got and ...

This ...
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=vid&q=Senator%20Kelly%20turns%20into%20water

Would have been damn scary and horrifying without it being too much "The Thing."

Damn looks like someone took a pump to his head and blew it up like a balloon Lmao, but yeah i agree does look a lot like chatterer

Kimo

Kimo

:o
Some of the pictures of the proto Alien looks great and some remind me Silent Hill-ish art... but saying that, Silent Hill monsters are very giger looking as well.

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 16, 2012, 12:51:14 PM

And thank God it was.

http://www.horrorphile.net/images/hellraiser-chatterer-cenobite.jpg

This ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tx_CaXqp9U#ws

what did giger even do for the movie? nothing hes not ever there in any of this

r888

r888

Yay Deacon

MrSpaceJockey

The r888 formula: A short comment, and then a large image pertaining to the comment matter.

r888

r888

Does it bother you because I can stop  >:(

MrSpaceJockey

it doesn't bother me at all! i apologize if i appeared to be rude.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed