Prometheus Creature Concept Art

Started by bobcunk, Jun 14, 2012, 03:18:34 AM

Author
Prometheus Creature Concept Art (Read 28,272 times)

Rockybear

Rockybear

all designs are cool except alien head with eyes→ newborn

VickersAsh

VickersAsh

@Bat Chain Puller
i love that one the most as well. so awesome  :'(

Game_Over_Man

Every so slightly broken hearted we never got to see any of this in the film.

WTF were they thinking?

It looks like they had everything good in place, and just went with a diluted option

I want to cry a little...

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Think of it this way; it could of been worse...

Spoiler
[close]

:-\

Game_Over_Man

Knowing what they intended...why didn't they go with Fifield's full mutation? Far more interesting visually and exciting for the storyline.

I thought Fifield was going to be a total badass, real duplicitous, aggressive bastard. Very poor decision to make him a "weak" personality whose agression only returns when he starts to mutate.

It would have been better to have him envious of Shaw/Holloway - he showed signs in the briefing scene, I like his attempts to undermine them. It should have followed this route more, and he could have become ONE of their nemesis's.

Anyway.... :s

Dorian Gray

This pretty much ties up the thought that Fitfield was going to transform into an alien.  Remember one of the early trailers where it was noted that the creature throwing a crew member into the vehicle had a shiny head?

Something is definitely weird.  It has become obvious that the film entered production with the intention of having Fitfield transform into an alien.  I really wonder what happened that made Scott change his mind and how many scenes were shot but cut when they decided not to go this route.

Bad Replicant

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Jun 15, 2012, 03:10:06 AM

Woah, awesome.

Call me crazy, but I kind of like the design pf this "Deacon".

MrSpaceJockey

I think where it goes wrong, is the mouth.  I like the inner jaw, but the mouth is too big, and makes it look like a Pteranodon or something.  I like the concept art here because it's a much smaller mouth, even with the thinner lower jaw, it ends up looking so much better.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 15, 2012, 03:14:13 AM
I think where it goes wrong, is the mouth.  I like the inner jaw, but the mouth is too big, and makes it look like a Pteranodon or something.  I like the concept art here because it's a much smaller mouth, even with the thinner lower jaw, it ends up looking so much better.
I think it needs  a tail.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Nah. Doesnt need a tail.. if i want to see the good old xeno i'll just watch Alien and Aliens. :P

The deacon in the movie was the best of the new designs. Bring on the sequel with the full adult version. My body is ready. ;)

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jun 14, 2012, 11:29:56 PM
Think of it this way; it could of been worse...

Spoiler
[close]

:-\

That was going to be the mutated Fifield.

PredatorsInstinct

The proto kinda' reminds me of a goblin shark...

Dorian Gray

Quote from: PredatorsInstinct on Jun 15, 2012, 06:29:56 AM

You're spot on.  Apparently the goblin shark was a major inspiration for the creature design:

http://m.io9.com/5917639/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-design-of-prometheus

PredatorsInstinct

Quote from: Dorian Gray on Jun 15, 2012, 07:23:04 AM
Quote from: PredatorsInstinct on Jun 15, 2012, 06:29:56 AM

You're spot on.  Apparently the goblin shark was a major inspiration for the creature design:

http://m.io9.com/5917639/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-design-of-prometheus

Aha' nature don't fail me now...and shit... xD

nostromo mechanic

I've always viewed the Xeno's as a rapidly evolving species with each subsequent generation having noticeably different features than the previous generation. That's why it's been referred to as "the perfect organsim". When it takes humans thousands of years to develop features to suit our enviroment, when it can happen to Xeno's in just one or two generations.  I believe the Deacon is just an early form of Xeno that will evolve into the one that we know and even continue into who-knows-what eventually.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed