The Predator TV Spots Thread

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Aug 03, 2018, 10:49:07 PM

Author
The Predator TV Spots Thread (Read 119,839 times)

yautjapet

yautjapet

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Aug 19, 2018, 01:31:12 PM
Roka I fundamentally agree with you. Upgrade is unnecessary. To me we don't need bigger badder DNA enhanced predators. The originals from p1 and p2 should be how they look and act imo. That tribal almost Rastafarian look to them seems to getting eroded film by film.

Also Upgrade to me comes across very Hollywood monster looking. Not a super intelligent extra terrestrial that has conquered space. Still I'm excited for the film. I can overlook my petty differences as long as the film works.

Agreed on pretty much all of this. There are certain details that set the predator apart from other monsters/slashers/aliens/etc, at least to me, and I'm not getting a lot of that from the promo material released so far. I feel like going the "bigger and badder" route and focusing on this new upgrade predator just takes us even further from that. But like you I'm excited for the movie, bought my tickets already - I'm just keeping my expectations low.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yep that's exactly my stance, there were things that just made Predator well Predator to me. Little things that you don't find in other monster movies.. If you go to far the other way and don't retain the originals ideas , it will just become a dumbed down version of something very iconic. That is my fear for this film. I'm still excited but like you I'm keeping my expectations low on this one. I understand the need to be fresh and inject new ideas. But it shouldn't be at the predators expense. Really not feeling the designs either and iv really tried to. But they just don't resemble the predators I love dearly.
For me this whole clan war/bad blood storyline should be left for the comics. I just want a badass predator film in the vein of predator 2. It's not that hard to ask.

boredofwaiting

anyone else think that top right tooth looks metallic?

Huggs

Huggs

Also Upgrade to me comes across very Hollywood monster looking. Not a super intelligent extra terrestrial that has conquered space.

They may have conquered space, but they've had some booty handed to them by earth.

LonHu

LonHu

Updated title is...  ??? Predator vs Predator. :'(
A lot of CGI, stupid story - New Brand.  >:(

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Roka I fundamentally agree with you. Upgrade is unnecessary. To me we don't need bigger badder DNA enhanced predators. The originals from p1 and p2 should be how they look and act imo. That tribal almost Rastafarian look to them seems to getting eroded film by film.

Also Upgrade to me comes across very Hollywood monster looking. Not a super intelligent extra terrestrial that has conquered space. Still I'm excited for the film. I can overlook my petty differences as long as the film works.

It's funny how things work out. Back in 2010, I was saying the same thing about the black super predators.

I was so wrong. In retrospect, that's forgivable. Since they were still traditional, a mere subspecies, slightly larger. They weren't 10 foot tall embarrassing moronic upgrades.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I find it interesting that Batman basically fought the Upgrade Predator before:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmsVqFaDUeA/?taken-by=avpcentral

Master

Master

I'm not surprised at all. He fought every one, He is Batman.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 20, 2018, 07:48:18 AM

Was that Batman & Superman vs Aliens and Predator?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 20, 2018, 12:08:21 PM

Yeah, but the correct title is:
Superman and Batman Vs Aliens and Predator

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 20, 2018, 04:09:00 AM

It's funny how things work out. Back in 2010, I was saying the same thing about the black super predators.

I was so wrong. In retrospect, that's forgivable. Since they were still traditional, a mere subspecies, slightly larger. They weren't 10 foot tall embarrassing moronic upgrades.

I remember having similar thoughts myself.  Seems almost laughable, given how much "more" the new Predator is now  :(  My respect for the Super Predators have grown tenfold lol.  And for Cruficied, because although he was only there for 10 minutes, by god it was an authentic 10 minutes.

Though I think where this film will be an immense improvement is the ensemble cast.  I'm really excited to see how those guys work together. 

Quote from: boredofwaiting on Aug 19, 2018, 09:21:07 PM
anyone else think that top right tooth looks metallic?

I'm not seeing it  ???

Danversity

Danversity

I never perceived the "Super Predators" as much different from traditional Predators. They're not. A little bit bigger, a little bit bunkier, sure, but that's about it. It's like Noland says; they're like wolves to dogs - but there are dog types out there that are every bit as big as wolves, they're not that different in appearance. The Super Predators differ more on their personality, their hunt ethics and methods. No big deal, it's a welcome expansion to the lore - as is the Assassin. That one actually is a different, brand new type of Predator. "Unnecessary" is relative, a lot of things are "unnecessary" until we see them. It was "unnecessary" for them to make T-800 the good guy in T2, but they did and look at what we've got. As of recent we've found out there is a specific reason for him to be the way he is, and it's another interesting addition to the mythology. "Bigger doesn't mean better" and blabla yeah everybody knows that; but the Assassin is not just bigger. It's clear he's got new tricks to offer, and I really wanna see that. He doesn't need to be better than the classic Predator, Shane himself has said that nothing beats the classic. He's just supposed to be different, something new, and I'm completely down for that even if he doesn't end up being my favorite Predator of all time. Or, who knows, he might just end up being. Everything could happen.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 20, 2018, 02:52:08 PM

That was a surprisingly good comic! And pretty good artwork through most of it! Same artist who did AvP: Fire and Stone iirc.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 21, 2018, 07:34:08 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 20, 2018, 02:52:08 PM

That was a surprisingly good comic! And pretty good artwork through most of it! Same artist who did AvP: Fire and Stone iirc.
I agree, I just discovered that comic. There are surprisingly many combinations of AvP comics involving Batman, Superman or the JLA.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Absolutely never in life the "super predators" seemed bigger than a normal pred on screen in predators, nunca, jamais lol !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed