Different version of the launch trailer

Started by fiveways, Apr 30, 2012, 03:11:42 PM

Author
Different version of the launch trailer (Read 39,739 times)

NGR01

The credit list (and the interviews) shows that there is only ONE living Engineer.
The others are dead.
"They are leaving" is about the holograms flashbacks.

BTWShaw on top of the taking off Juggernaut is saying "we have to stop HIM".
One character is leaving.
And it's either David or Peter Weyland.

And you are all gonna hate me for spoiling that to you.
:)

Eva

FYI, Shaw says 'If we don't stop it, there won't be any home to go back to'

... and I don't buy the Weland/David engineer at all, but that's old news. David meets his demise onboard the Juggernaut facing the last engineer, I suspect...  ;)

HappyAlien

The pic of the legs may not even be a jockey or engineer. It may be a human crew member who has been transformed into something alien-like or melded into  a suit that was similar to the jockey suit, just smaller cause its a human.
Also maybe like humans space jockey's are different sizes some might only be 7 feet tall while others might be 8-9/10 feet tall. Humans range from 3 feet to over 8 feet tall so why not space jockey's?

The one on LV426 might be a really large one and maybe different from the ones in this film. Not sure if engineers and space jockeys are going to be the same thing or different species.

Got a feeling those jockeys who are seen running on the hologram are just like the jockey version of prometheus they got lured to the planet and found out it was a trap so they fled. Maybe the one found on lv426 is one of them and their ship is the one that crashed on LV426 cause they got infected like the prometheus crew does. The original space jockey in Alien was perhaps the captain or eldest of the crewmembers who set down on the planet in prometheus and the other jockeys are younger crew members, thats why he is so much bigger perhaps. or as i stated before maybe the vary in size.
I'm pretty sure the jockeys in the holagram are from quite a few years before prometheus and maybe they are the crew of the derelict found in alien who know how long they were there before the prometheus crew maybe 5 years maybe 5000 years?

OpenMaw

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 02:35:20 PM
I'm wrong?

Yep. Very.

As i was wrong for the collision, as i was for the ship under the temple, as i was for old peter wayland being on board...

...Okay.  ??? I never personally claimed you were wrong about those things, so it has no bearing on this particular conversation.

Oh.... Are you being persecuted? To quote one of my favorite comedians; "Why don't you come down off the cross, use the wood to build a bridge, and get over it!"

Usually to get that trick effect you put your camera right under the giant being or behind the victim overshadowed by the being

Not always. Sometimes, you're trying to show the creature stalking towards it's victim, which is exactly what is happening. Usually these shots are short enough that even if their is an illusion breaking issue, it won't be noticed by anyone except the more anal frame-by-framers.

In Alien they avoided this issue by rarely having human and alien n the same shot in a wide angle. So those instances with the shorter stunt man were a non-issue.

Thanks for that lesson in cinematography, i'll try to remember it for a shoot.

You're quite welcome. I hope it comes in handy. :)

If you wanna make a regular human look like a 7ft tall humanoid

Nine feet, dude. Let's try to keep the fundamentals accurate. :)

Glad to know that you have the balls to speak up your mind.
The victory will taste even better mouhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ;)

:) Hey, just make sure you open wide.

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 02:42:02 PM
BTWShaw on top of the taking off Juggernaut is saying "we have to stop HIM".
One character is leaving.
And it's either David or Peter Weyland.

She says very clearly "Stop IT" As in, the ship taking off.

"If you don't stop it there won't be any home to go back to."

Even if she was saying "he" that doesn't prove it's a human. The Engineer is very clearly a tough looking masculine figure.

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 02:42:02 PM
And you are all gonna hate me for spoiling that to you.

Trololololo. Nice to know you haven't changed much engineer.

NGR01

Quote from: Eva on May 01, 2012, 02:49:22 PM

... and I don't buy the Weland/David engineer at all, but that's old news. David meets his demise onboard the Juggernaut facing the last engineer, I suspect...  ;)

Yep listened to it again, she says IT.
The recent declarations of Fassbender on his characters leaves me no doubt that he will play a part more important than that.
The whole angle of him being jaleous to humans and having fun with the tech especially.

On a side note who do you explain that human sized character?
Would like to hear you opinion really.
Do you think it's suposed to be a 7ft tall Engineer and Scott failed to make him look tall?

Eva

Eva

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 03:00:20 PM

The recent declarations of Fassbender on his characters leaves me no doubt that he will play a part more important than that.
The whole angle of him being jaleous to humans and having fun with the tech especially.

Do you think it's suposed to be a 7ft tall Engineer and Scott failed to make him look tall?

The engineer towering over Shaw in the lifeboat corridor? He's definately larger than an average human - I don't know why people think that's a human.

If you measure Shaws leg up, 'stretching it out', the top of her hip would reach somewhere to the middle of his thigh (we can't even see his feet). And it's not Noomi Rapaces small physique that accounts for this - women and men have almost the same leg length - it's the upperbody area where average women are a lot shorter than average men. Her head would reach his stomach area/lower chest when standing upright next to him, I'd say.

When Noomi is seen looking through the window on the door right behind them (tentacle scene), she can only 'reach' the lower part of the window. Even accounting for the perspective, imagine how tall the engineer in that shot, if you put him next to the door.

As to David - I believe his character arc will revolve around him dealing with humans, contrasted with what he will think of us and himself, when it is revealed that humans themselves are designed/made for a very specific purpose (just as David is) by the engineers. That's imo where Davids character arc comes into play.  :)

@updated with screenshot

szkoki

I think the Xenomorph in the original movies is a genetic hybrid. The creature we see here will take on human DNA to become the Xenomorph well all love. Some sort of hybridization will happen, im sure thats the whole point, whether it be a natural process or something artificial.

Mastes1

Its all acedemic all this arguing about the size of the jockeys in this picture or that clip etc. I watched ALIEN last night and the jockey in that would literaly of been about 12+ feet tall, christ his arm looked almost as big as the humans, even the Naavi off AVATAR would pale in size compared to the jockey off ALIEN. The space jockeys in this really annoy me, first the 'its a suit' crap and now the small nature of them, i kind of wish Scott had kept away from the Jockeys as its destroying the sense of wonder and awe the Jockey scene in ALIEN has.

YOU DO MUTILATE?

it looks like the jockey's skull alone would come up to a human adult's chest

Mastes1

To be fair, the jockey is a lot closer to the camera in that pic but yeah the point stll stands, the jockey in ALIEN would be 12+ foot tall easily and the jockeys in Prometheus don't even look anywhere as big as a 10 foot Naavi, they look more like 8 feet tall in Prometheus which would probably be too small for jockey children! lol.

Eva

The jockey in Alien could have been dead for thousands of years - a remote ancestor to the engineer we will see in this film. Besides, why would they all have to be equally sized? They are an advanced race playing around with lifeforms and biomechanoid technology. Are all humans the same size? Do we all wear clothing/suits of the same size?

NGR01

Quote from: Eva on May 01, 2012, 03:18:31 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 03:00:20 PM

The engineer towering over Shaw in the lifeboat corridor? He's definately larger than an average human - I don't know why people think that's a human.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2agjl2v.jpg

If you measure Shaws leg up, 'stretching it out', the top of her hip would reach somewhere to the middle of his thigh (we can't even see his feet). And it's not Noomi Rapaces small physique that accounts for this - women and men have almost the same leg length - it's the upperbody area where average women are a lot shorter than average men. Her head would reach his stomach area/lower chest when standing upright next to him, I'd say.

When Noomi is seen looking through the window on the door right behind them (tentacle scene), she can only 'reach' the lower part of the window. Even accounting for the perspective, imagine how tall the engineer in that shot, if you put him next to the door.

As to David - I believe his character arc will revolve around him dealing with humans, contrasted with what he will think of us and himself, when it is revealed that humans themselves are designed/made for a very specific purpose (just as David is) by the engineers. That's imo where Davids character arc comes into play.  :)

Thanks for your detailed answer ;)
I'm baffled you see it that way but i respect your view :)

Mastes1

Quote from: Eva on May 01, 2012, 03:37:55 PM
The jockey in Alien could have been dead for thousands of years - a remote ancestor to the engineer we will see in this film. Besides, why would they all have to be equally sized? They are an advanced race playing around with lifeforms and biomechanoid technology. Are all humans the same size? Do we all wear clothing/suits of the same size?

No humans are not all the same size but the difference in size between the ALIEN jockey and the Prometheus jockeys seems llarger than the difference between say 'little people' and a averge sized man/woman. Maybe thats it, the prometheus jockeys are an outlaw sect of 'little jockeys' who are travelling the universe looking for their pot of gold. ::)

PHANTOM

Hmmm...

someone made Prometheus darker in this trailer, mother f--ker is at it again.

They better not make the final product needlessly dark on IMAX 3D, it better be nice and bright, detailed with solid black colors. I'm tired of these washed out, murky, dark films that rape the directors cinematography.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 03:41:04 PM
Thanks for your detailed answer ;)
I'm baffled you see it that way but i respect your view :)

I'm baffled with the various theories with the engineer in reality being David/Weyland/Holloway/Santa Claus, but whatever  ;)

It seems to me that some of it, is motivated by disliking the fact that space jockeys are humanoids in suits, coupled with them not being as tall as the jockey in Alien, coupled with the need for convoluted plot twist.

The scene we are talking about, is imo about Shaw (who is religious) essentially facing her God/maker and the terrifying implications of this. Is she about to get raped (again) Lambert style by 'God'?

All this subtext is completely out the window, if it's just a crewmember in an engineer suit.

But I've been wrong before...  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed