Alien Universe Website

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 06:42:45 AM

Author
Alien Universe Website (Read 37,234 times)

brill0_pad

brill0_pad

Quote from: Mihai on Dec 25, 2016, 07:30:16 PM
I googled 620CE and i found this Islam: Muhammad Visit to Taif. "Ascension to the heavens". This may have some connection with the story in Alien Covenant.

damn you beat me to it! good find.

added bonus:

The course of history changed in 620 CE when some pilgrims from the northern town of Medina came through Mecca. At the time, Medina was being torn apart by the violence of two rival tribes. The pilgrims were moved by Muhammad's teachings and hoped he might settle the raging dispute.
For the next two years, groups of people from Medina came to Mecca and converted to Islam. This inspired Muhammad, who instructed all Muslims to settle in Medina.

Mihail

Mihail

brill0_pad

brill0_pad

A2 - ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

http://www.cram.com/flashcards/a2-product-design-robots-and-artificial-intelligence-4691547

more than likely a false positive, but still on topic and interesting

edit: i have updated my post http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55928.msg2163445#msg2163445 to include a few more entries.

Mihail

Mihail

Also Daniels may refer to the Prophet Daniel which foretold this ascension to heaven.

EEV Repairman

EEV Repairman

my site isnt working properly...i cant type anything in, what am i missing?

brill0_pad

brill0_pad

Quote from: EEV Repairman on Dec 25, 2016, 09:00:50 PM
my site isnt working properly...i cant type anything in, what am i missing?

view source is a handy thing sometimes.

<noscript>
For full functionality of this site it is necessary to enable JavaScript.
Here are the <a href="http://www.enable-javascript.com/" target="_blank">
instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser</a>.

id try that first

EEV Repairman

EEV Repairman

nevermind...its just started working lol

brill0_pad

brill0_pad

Quote from: EEV Repairman on Dec 25, 2016, 09:04:31 PM
nevermind...its just started working lol

be honest, did you give it the Mark Drake fix? :P

edit:

couldn't find a full gif of the Drake fix, but its the scene from Aliens where Gorman says: "Drake, Check Your Camera. There Seems To Be A Malfunction." So Drake bangs his head cam off the side of the roll cage on his seat fixing the malfunction. I love the humor in Aliens, its there, its not ott but it gets a chuckle.

EEV Repairman

EEV Repairman

@ Hicks

Command override

Nostromo rerouted to investigate life form
Investigate life form. Gather specimen.
Priority one
Insure return of organism for analysis
All other considerations secondary
Crew Expendable.

Game_Over_Man

Game_Over_Man

Hmmm...launching 2017, no way I can input it would seem

brill0_pad

brill0_pad

try refreshing the browser cache and making sure java is running

SM

SM

I've tried IE on two different machines - doesn't work.  Page loads but there's no interactivity.

Works fine on Chrome.

brill0_pad

brill0_pad

Quote from: SM on Dec 25, 2016, 11:22:39 PM
I've tried IE on two different machines - doesn't work.  Page loads by there's no interactivity.

Works fine on Chrome.

yup, is what im using

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 25, 2016, 04:46:07 PM
Not really.  If you type in Ellen Ripley it refers to the events of ALIENS.  There's even an Alien 3 reference if you ask it permission to terminate xenomorph.
That's kinda weird to include only a couple references to 'Aliens', unless they're going to be adding to the database over time I guess.

Quote from: brill0_pad on Dec 25, 2016, 07:04:55 PM
so i was looking back at some of the records retrieved from MUTHUR and decided to investigate FUTHUR (hehe).

The entry for CALL i believed was a reference to ANALEE CALL from resurrection however i now believe its associated with CALL SIGN. googling CALL SIGN 130748 returns a few thousand results. The first is a facebook page ( i dont have facebook so i cant investigate beyond this page) which seems to be a spec page for the Vehicle USCSS-Spektr-R-PLASMA-F 130748...which looks ALOT like the prometheus...
This is pretty interesting, I wonder if Covenant is going to have an ARG centered around this Mother module?

brill0_pad

brill0_pad

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 26, 2016, 04:28:04 AM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 25, 2016, 04:46:07 PM
Not really.  If you type in Ellen Ripley it refers to the events of ALIENS.  There's even an Alien 3 reference if you ask it permission to terminate xenomorph.
That's kinda weird to include only a couple references to 'Aliens', unless they're going to be adding to the database over time I guess.

Quote from: brill0_pad on Dec 25, 2016, 07:04:55 PM
so i was looking back at some of the records retrieved from MUTHUR and decided to investigate FUTHUR (hehe).

The entry for CALL i believed was a reference to ANALEE CALL from resurrection however i now believe its associated with CALL SIGN. googling CALL SIGN 130748 returns a few thousand results. The first is a facebook page ( i dont have facebook so i cant investigate beyond this page) which seems to be a spec page for the Vehicle USCSS-Spektr-R-PLASMA-F 130748...which looks ALOT like the prometheus...
This is pretty interesting, I wonder if Covenant is going to have an ARG centered around this Mother module?

that would be cool, there is definitely enough time and enough history/back story to do something creative. Then again, it could be nothing more than an elaborate wikia search engine for the Alien Universe

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed