Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,663 times)

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 07, 2019, 02:24:26 AM
She's already timeless.

I'd rather have a new character, another timeless character.

Preach it sister.

Oasis Nadrama

Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Local Trouble

We need more art of the queen as a Disney princess.  Hicks loves that.

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 07, 2019, 07:26:46 PM

Eeew, yuck. She looks like a grandmother in that thing. Put her in something sensuous.  ;D

And get that jewelry off her head, she already wears a crown.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 07, 2019, 09:58:24 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 07, 2019, 07:26:46 PM

Eeew, yuck. She looks like a grandmother in that thing. Put her in something sensuous.  ;D

And get that jewelry off her head, she already wears a crown.

So no Predator princesses? That's racist, you know  >:(

Huggs

That's just frightening.

Nice hands though.

SM

All Predz r menz.  No womz.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2019, 10:26:43 PM
All Predz r menz.  No womz.

And so it begins.

Samhain13

D88M

I will believe it when i see it, the monopoly on entertainment disney is getting is not only gotten out of hand but it only delivers mediocre, souless movie, this whole business plan is a creative disaster and i cannot imagine anything good coming out of it.

Magegg

Covenant and The Predator were mediocre and souless.

Huggs

That's what happens when the soul of the movie is driven out of formula and straight into oncoming traffic.

I'll never understand this whole notion of "change everything to see if there's more money to be made".

Blade Runner 2049 was faithful to the path, and it's a far superior film to Covenant or The Predator. It's a far superior film to most nowadays, honestly. The art of business, is ruining the business of art.

SiL

Blade Runner 2049 was also a pretty big financial disappointment, so not a terribly strong counterargument.

Huggs

No argument to begin with. Merely that the better movie was the one that stuck to formula. But making good movies is not the goal anymore. Making lots of money, and screwing around to see if there's more money to be made is. That's a shame.

Samhain13

I just realized with all this, Disney could actually attempt to do crossovers of the alien/predator franchises with another series they own. Disney has shown to be capable of very bad decisions, they can really make significant changes to the series. Even more than we have been getting lately. Prepare yourselves.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed