I'm worried about the new Predator movie

Started by xenofeen, Oct 16, 2021, 12:08:36 AM

Author
I'm worried about the new Predator movie (Read 9,474 times)

xenofeen

I hope I'm wrong but it seems this new Predator movie is not getting as much attention as previous predator movies, the filming has completed now well over a month and still no real news about the movie script or behind the scenes photos, this has me a little worried, it might also be a good sign :-\... I'm more of a Predator fan than Aliens and it just seems the Predator franchise does not get the same love/attention as Aliens.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: xenofeen on Oct 16, 2021, 12:08:36 AM
I hope I'm wrong but it seems this new Predator movie is not getting as much attention as previous predator movies, the filming has completed now well over a month and still no real news about the movie script or behind the scenes photos, this has me a little worried, it might also be a good sign :-\... I'm more of a Predator fan than Aliens and it just seems the Predator franchise does not get the same love/attention as Aliens.

With "The Predator", they went all out promoting it here in the U.S.

From the Predator appearing on one of the highest rated television broadcasts FOX NFL Sunday...

..to The Predator Christmas Special:

But "Skulls" appears to be an entirely different animal, not a theatrical film but a streaming release film on Hulu. And those type of films typically don't start promotion until a couple months before release.

[cancerblack]

They seem to still be at least somewhat into the idea of it being a stealth Predator movie in the same way Prometheus was a stealth Alien movie to anyone who hadn't followed the online stuff. Considering the much smaller scale and budget of a Pred flick, I think it's a viable tactic to get word of mouth and innanet hype around/after the release date, and we shouldn't agitate shit or rock the boat, let them do their thing.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 16, 2021, 09:21:48 AM
They seem to still be at least somewhat into the idea of it being a stealth Predator movie in the same way Prometheus was a stealth Alien movie to anyone who hadn't followed the online stuff. Considering the much smaller scale and budget of a Pred flick, I think it's a viable tactic to get word of mouth and innanet hype around/after the release date, and we shouldn't agitate shit or rock the boat, let them do their thing.

Man... I hope the "suprise" Predator movie and producer John Davis announcing the film is called "Skulls" was intended and will continue to hold throughout release. Nothing would excite me more than not seeing a Predator in the trailer, but rather Comanche Natives just being swiped away in the fog by a shadowy creature!

xenofeen

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 16, 2021, 12:47:58 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 16, 2021, 09:21:48 AM

Man... I hope the "suprise" Predator movie and producer John Davis announcing the film is called "Skulls" was intended and will continue to hold throughout release. Nothing would excite me more than not seeing a Predator in the trailer, but rather Comanche Natives just being swiped away in the fog by a shadowy creature!

That would be an EPIC trailer!!! I hope to god it's going to be available in Ireland since we don't have Hulu we have Disney+ Starz or Hulu equlivent and its a total joke compared to Hulu, just really want this franchise to do well, as I feel with the law suite happening and another movie flop will be the end of the end of the franchise, To be fair the last movie was total dog S*ite IMHO 

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

The movie is probably still a ways off, and waist deep in post production. It's gonna be a while. We don't even have any idea when it will release. Next year? Maybe. 2023, also maybe. Who knows. Just wait it out.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Shuriken on Oct 18, 2021, 08:21:34 PM
The movie is probably still a ways off, and waist deep in lost production. It's gonna be a while. We don't even have any idea when it will release. Next year? Maybe. 2023, also maybe. Who knows. Just wait it out.

Not certain what you mean by waist deep in lost production? but production was completed last month and now "Skulls" in post-production.

Also, from what we're hearing, we won't have to wait until 2023. :)

The Shuriken

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 18, 2021, 10:03:09 PM
The movie is probably still a ways off, and waist deep in lost production. It's gonna be a while. We don't even have any idea when it will release. Next year? Maybe. 2023, also maybe. Who knows. Just wait it out.

Not certain what you mean by waist deep in lost production? but production was completed last month and now "Skulls" in post-production.

Typo

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Shuriken on Oct 18, 2021, 10:40:16 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 18, 2021, 10:03:09 PM

Typo

Ahhhh, lost/post. I didn't even consider that.

Billiken

Will we be able to buy this on blu Ray??

[cancerblack]

Maybe. Eventually. Maybe. But it'll be subscription service or flying the jolly roger for 6 months at least.

Unless it gets a cinema release, which it likely will, but that's still not physical home media either.

SiL

I doubt they won't release home media. There's still a market for it.

Corporal Hicks

The Predator, despite poor reception, still managed to sell well home release wise (at least in the UK anyway) so there's at least some previous success for them to look back at too.

SiL

It also lets them sell all the previous films again in a new box set.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 21, 2021, 11:35:46 AM
The Predator, despite poor reception, still managed to sell well home release wise (at least in the UK anyway) so there's at least some previous success for them to look back at too.

Yeah, it at least seemed to be a bigger hit at home, so much so that at the time, I wondered if it had something to do with an aging core fanbase.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed