William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 153,257 times)

Kane's other son

Some nice Cronenbergian imagery during the transition but it's disappointing that the new beast is same as the old beast.

The Old One

The Old One

Garbage.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't like it. #Whinge

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm fine with it tbh

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I like it, but as Kane's other son says, it would've been nice in the resulting Alien had looked a little different.

The whole concept always came across as a bit ridiculous in the script, so I think that's about the best we could've hoped for.

Kane's other son

And there's still the issue that everything appears to take place in an office building.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

There must have been some directive to make the art as bland as humanly possible.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 12, 2019, 05:16:00 PM
I like it, but as Kane's other son says, it would've been nice in the resulting Alien had looked a little different.

The whole concept always came across as a bit ridiculous in the script, so I think that's about the best we could've hoped for.

Adaptations can change things, and should have.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2019, 05:20:54 PM
There must have been some directive to make the art as bland as humanly possible.

Indeed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm not one for shitting on an artist's work, but just imagine if the art looked more like Denis Beauvais' work in Aliens Book 2.  It'd be like night and day, even with relatively little going on storywise.

The Old One

The Old One

I'm guessing rushed schedule, judging by their other work.

Kane's other son

Can we also agree that it would make a terrible movie if shot? No memorable characters or set pieces and we have almost reached the third act.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I still think the script is better than what we got.

The Old One

The Old One

I'm not so sure, I think an adaptation of it could've been though. Unfortunately this isn't the one.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2019, 06:10:09 PMI still think the script is better than what we got.

I'm not really so sure. The complete change to the Alien's biology is as wtf as the magic egg.

And that first draft was just ridiculous. It's like a kid who's just seen Aliens and just writes moar of everything without injecting any actual finesse.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, I'm not as fond of the first draft.  However, given the visual flare of Fincher's Alien 3, just imagine how his version of the Gibson script could have looked.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed