The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 62,527 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Please god no.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 23, 2021, 07:54:38 PM
Please god no.
That's a pretty esoteric way of saying "hell f**king yes", what language is that?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 23, 2021, 11:58:26 PM
Please god no.
That's a pretty esoteric way of saying "hell f**king yes", what language is that?

I love the idea of big budget Hollywood sensibilities completely sanitizing the setting, and that the hypothetical director is asking twitter for youtube reccs as a lore intro. Where do I sign up for this fantastic plan?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

😝

SiL

SiL

I doubt he's about to make a 40K film any time soon.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 24, 2021, 07:50:47 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 23, 2021, 11:58:26 PM
Please god no.

I love the idea of big budget Hollywood sensibilities completely sanitizing the setting, and that the hypothetical director is asking twitter for youtube reccs as a lore intro. Where do I sign up for this fantastic plan?
I wouldn't really call Blomkamp "big budget Hollywood sensibilities."

Him asking for lore info so he can actually learn about the subject matter is a good sign.

YouTube vids are a pretty wise place to start for 40K lore primers if you have no exposure to the universe whatsoever and don't even know where to start.

Unrelated but a new trailer for Warhammer+ came out and it's going to be $60/year, which feels very reasonable given the content they're promising? AND you get a free mini out of the deal that would likely cost $30 on its own if they sold it in stores.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 24, 2021, 04:03:43 PMUnrelated but a new trailer for Warhammer+ came out and it's going to be $60/year, which feels very reasonable given the content they're promising? AND you get a free mini out of the deal that would likely cost $30 on its own if they sold it in stores.

I would be willing to pay it for that Vindicare alone.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I picked up the Dominion box set for AoS. A friend got the Kruleboyz and I took the rest. New Stormcast models are pretty dope and the August release (battletome and even more models) looks promising as well. Finally a battleline squad with swords!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

No matter how hard I try, I just cannot get into AoS.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I bought a bunch of AoS Nighthaunt minis just because I thought they looked cool and I wanted to paint up some spooky ghost minis for Halloween last year. I even painted a bunch of them with glow in the dark paint as an added gimmick.

I don't plan to expand them into a full AoS "army", but I would like to give Warcry a shot just to see what it's like and I've got enough Nighthaunt stuff to put together a little warband.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I've got a handful of the new era AoS models, and once in a while grab a character or set for conversions. The models themselves are mostly great. But I'm extremely done with actively supported GW games, I can't be bothered with the constant churn and rules changes. A lot of people view that stuff as a huge improvement and for competitive players it certainly is. But it takes me a year to paint an army and by then the meta has completely shifted to "everything you just painted is now impossible to win with".

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Were you finally able to resupply?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

New edition of Kill Team has been confirmed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed