New LA Times interview with Ridley Scott on Alien.

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, May 30, 2020, 05:07:44 PM

Author
New LA Times interview with Ridley Scott on Alien. (Read 21,469 times)

Rush Hour Rambo

Rush Hour Rambo

Ridley Scott is 83 this year. How many more movies are left in him, let along good one's?

That's a fair old age to be directing big budget movies. Is there anyone older currently active?

I really don't think he has juice left in the tank for these films. We shouldn't have to settle for him when there's many people to choose from He's had an amazing career but folk need to let him go because he's not the best man for the job IMO.

Kradan

Just let him do third prequel goddamit !

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 10, 2020, 06:32:17 PM
Just let him do third prequel goddamit !

Yah!  Might as well.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Morse on Jun 10, 2020, 05:42:03 PM
Ridley Scott is 83 this year. How many more movies are left in him, let along good one's?

That's a fair old age to be directing big budget movies. Is there anyone older currently active?

I really don't think he has juice left in the tank for these films. We shouldn't have to settle for him when there's many people to choose from He's had an amazing career but folk need to let him go because he's not the best man for the job IMO.

It's amazing what Clint Eastwood (90) has been doing, the latest being 2019's Richard Jewell - a really good movie. But then again, it's not big budget.

Nekro2version2

Nekro2version2

A sexually repressed A.I. making penis rape monsters from shoggoths is the most awesome, Giger af direction for the franchise to go. Period.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Nekro2version2 on Jun 14, 2020, 02:14:40 AM
A sexually repressed A.I. making penis rape monsters from shoggoths is the most awesome, Giger af direction for the franchise to go. Period.

It's actually hard to argue with that.  If only the Giger aesthetic were employed as well, one could justify David being the creator... almost

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 14, 2020, 02:05:03 PM
Quote from: Nekro2version2 on Jun 14, 2020, 02:14:40 AM

It's actually hard to argue with that.  If only the Giger aesthetic were employed as well, one could justify David being the creator... almost

To be fair, the lack of "mechanical" components on Covenant's Alien is an intentional plot point; David's creation isn't finalized yet.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 14, 2020, 04:37:34 PM
Yeah, check my earlier post Perfect-Organism.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=63871.msg2469591#msg2469591

I totally missed that memo!  Wow.  If it is a legitimate plot point, I'm ok with it.  I seriously thought Fox didn't want to pay additional royalties to Giger's estate.

But it will mean that David creates the Aliens in totality.  Hmm.  Unless that's why the engineer tried to kill David, because robots created Aliens in the past and engineers already fought them.  Maybe that's what David meant when he said he learned of their ways.  A stretch.  I know.

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 10, 2020, 08:15:22 PM
Quote from: Morse on Jun 10, 2020, 05:42:03 PM

It's amazing what Clint Eastwood (90) has been doing, the latest being 2019's Richard Jewell - a really good movie. But then again, it's not big budget.
There is no one like Ridley Scott. And he was 77 years old when he Directed THE MARTIAN. And he was 80 years old when he Directed ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD. So, he is the first in human history Directing huge movies at his old age.

SM

Apart from Clint Eastwood.

RidleyScott99

Quote from: SM on Jun 16, 2020, 01:49:50 AM
Apart from Clint Eastwood.
Yes. But he does smaller movies like Woody Allen.

SM

Like The Counsellor or All The Money In The World you mean?

RidleyScott99

Quote from: SM on Jun 16, 2020, 02:15:53 AM
Like The Counsellor or All The Money In The World you mean?
Yes. But THE LAST DUEL is 100 million dollars like THE MARTIAN.

j0nesy

i'd say there's a difference between a big budget and a big scope

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed