PG13 Official Very Soon...

Started by Darkness, Jul 25, 2004, 10:47:39 PM

Author
PG13 Official Very Soon... (Read 19,618 times)

tribalcore

tribalcore

bringer of death im with you hardcore style.  like i said before. me taking a shit is probably going to be more violent then this movie.  p.s. bringer of death arent you the one into metal if so did u go to ozzfest?

Demonicus666

Demonicus666

>:D    I fu**ing knew it those damn sh**heads at Fox screwed up this whole movie.  I knew it I waited 14 years for this movie to come out!!  And what happens it becomes pg-13!!!  Fuking Fox suits I swear they just want the damn money, well you know what I am going to only see this movie once and thats it.  It's gonna be a cheap ass version of the Predator and Aliens fighting, I mean I expected skinned human bodies, spinal cords being ripped off.  But no now I get to see is a shitty version of AVP, because Fox decides to give it a pg-13 rating.  YOU know fox let me tell you something, the fans are the ones that brought the light and the fanbase to these two great franchies.  Now you let the fans down, for a cheap ass version to get some more money.  If it wasnt for the fans, Aliens and Predator woudlnt be were it is today.  I hope these bastards know what they are doing, becuase they are going to piss alot of fans off, and I am really pissed off!  I mean come on people, this is ALIEN VS PREDATOR!!, not Pokemon!!!  I mean seriously folks, there is going to be no chestbursting scenes, no ailens ripping preds apart.  I read the book and gee, I knew from the start it wasnt going to be R.  I am blaming Fox for this not Paul Anderson.  Now I know that Fox, doesnt care for the fans anymore.  I have been with Aliens and Predator since day one, when I saw the movies as a child.  I read the books, comic books, games, movies, toys.  I just hope Fox doesnt f**k up another movie like this.  In fact I think they making a big mistake like a certain, company that made a recent moive that deals with a cat.  You screw around with the fans, and they wont support you anymore.  Just look at the movie box office for that one cat movie. Im really pissed off in the direction fox is going with Avp.

Evan Burt

Evan Burt

Don't condone such an outrageous butchery of the AVP franchise. If you watch the film, it simply gives the suits reason to make all of the subsequent sequels Pg-13 as well.

tribalcore

tribalcore

Fox = Shit

El Diablo

El Diablo

Since this news hit I've been hearing comments from people who are ready to embrace the new rating, people who claim that we are overreacting. I don't think they really understand why we find it to be such a problem. The fact that this movie is PG-13 means that it has been edited with certain limitations. That means that it will be a watered down version of what was intended to be on screen and I have a big problem with that, especially since I'm a huge fan of these films.  I know that the Alien and Predator movies were never about the gore but they weren't afraid to show the audience just how dangerous these creatures could be. It's going to lose that visceral punch that made the previous films work so well.   It is possible to create a PG-13 thriller with atmosphere and suspense and still make it scary but this is an entirely different animal. This is adult sci-fi horror based on characters who thrive on death for sport or procreation. That was never meant to be watered down for general audiences.

SENTINEL

SENTINEL

LETS vote who wants PAUL DIC_ HEAD fired!, i have one vote   >:D   and then when everyone has voted lets send to PAUL.And lets see what see has to say about that.

Evan Burt

Evan Burt

Paul Anderson isn't to blame for the overall rating, it's the studio's fault. Either don't go see AVP, or don't see any film distributed by 20th Century Fox.

JustAnotherAlien

JustAnotherAlien

They are probably trying to catch the kids into this. Ironically they are competing with a movie schedueled to be released the same day:  Yu-Gi-Oh(shit!)  This movie is now "AvP light" as some of you call it. I prefer "AvP Fat-free," and just like the oreo's, they are just like steel wool.Only for your eyes.

GJL

GJL

Hey all, I just wanted to say that down in Australia, all of the Alien movies apart from Resurection have been M (PG-13 ) and the first Predator was M, so maybe the US ratings arent as harsh anymore like the aussies, but time will tell.

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY!!!! STOP BITCHING ABOUT THE RATING!!! who gives a f**k if it is PG-13??? I mean, it could be a good turen for the franchise. and belive it or not if this movie wasnt PG-13, there will never be a sequal. Fox dosnst care about just money? it knows also for a film to be successful it must have above avarage quality, it is trying to introduce the franchise to the everyday person, there are many PG-13 movies that kids dont go to.  so dont be complaining about some 12 year old kicking your seat, it aint gonna happen! AND IF YOU WANT TO WHINE LIKE BABIES AND COMPLAIN, THEN JUST DONT SEE THE MOVIE!!!! ITS THAT SIMPLE!!!!

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

A True AVP fan will except AVP if it is Great,  not for the level of viloence.

J

J

This is stupid, WHY IS MOSTLY EVERYONE CUSSING PAUL ANDERSON ANY WAY? WHY???  OF COURSE HE WANTED THIS MOVIE TO BE R BUT UNFORTUNATELY HE DOESN'T HAVE THAT KIND OF POWER TO MAKE THAT DECISION.  ' O, THE MOVIE ISN'T R RATED SO AM GOING TO DOWNLOAD IT OFF THE INTERNET!!!! WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT IS THAT? ' it wasn't so long ago that the majority of you lot were saying that this movie is going to kick ass, and now your all saying that you don't want to see it because of a mere rating?? HOW THE HELL CAN YOU CALL YOURSELVES FANS??  After we have all seen the movie it's going to be interesting to hear the reactions from ' the fans '.

Aliasp

Aliasp

I am little wee bit confused here ... as in Australia our rating system is different to that of the US.  Any aussies wanna fill me in  wots the equivalent of PG-13 in Australia? Is that like our M15+ ????

Evan Burt

Evan Burt

A true AVP will not go to the film due to something called "standards". This new piece of lard isn't even entertainment.

Baseman

Baseman

Hey everyone, so i just came to Santa Barabara and read about the PG13 thing.  But I went to Comic-Con international in San Diego this weekend and they showed a AVP clip w/ action.  IT LOOKS GREAT!  It was about a 3-5min clip of an Alien fighting some preds. I'm on the Pred team, but that Alien is freaking evil.  There is some gore in the movie, don't worry.  So the movie this look pretty damn cool.  Just because a movie is rated R, doesn't mean it is gonna be great.  SO far it looks cool.   :)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed