PG13 Official Very Soon...

Started by Darkness, Jul 25, 2004, 10:47:39 PM

Author
PG13 Official Very Soon... (Read 19,752 times)

Regicidal_Maniac

Regicidal_Maniac

Most of you kids are not yet 18 years old, judging by the base level of discourse and the hilarious reasons for your objections to a low rating.  You should be pleased that you can now go and see the film legally.  Me, I'm old, I saw Alien in 1983 then Aliens at Hoyts on George Street in 1986 here in Sydney. Saw Predator the next year and have been a fan of the comics since Dark Horse first started publishing them. Do you hear me complaining that kids are going to see this film I've been waiting for?  No you don't. Firstly because I'm not a whiney little bitch, secondly it pleases me to see the films gain newer fans who can later discover the originals thanks to this entrypoint but mostly because I know how things work and you idiots should consider yourselves lucky that you are seeing this AT ALL. It could have remained in development hell forever.  Still I guess that'd just give you one more thing to complain about seeing as how you like to complain so much.  Don't sweat it just buy your fecking popcorn, sit down quit your yapping and enjoy the damn movie.  If you're unable to do that because you cannot enjoy a film based solely on the fact that it lacks sufficient swearing and gore to make it 'seem real to you' then I pity you as your life must be SO empty, and sad.

xx13

xx13

Did anybody do that e-mail that darkness said to send to fox to make the movie R. Well i Didn;t cause i was to lazy expecting everyone else would do it. Well im gonna do it now cuz  theres stilll time at least 2 weeks.

HeavyPred

HeavyPred

well, at least I'm guaranteed to get in now. if it was R-Rated, I might have had a harder time getting into the theatre, even though I look the proper age. but i guess this has its ups and downs   ???  

Torch

Torch

Well said Cetanu.  I think you've single-handedly changed my negative view about AVP now that I read your summary.  You made some excellent points on the whole atmosphere of the first 2 Alien and first Predator movies and how they didn't need sh*tloads of gore to have it become successful.  Now I must say that just because it worked for those movies doesn't mean that It'll work for AVP, but we'll just have to find out August 13th.  I think now, ALL of us AVP fans should get back on the positive side of things.  Let us not be worried about the damn rating anymore.  Let's just go see it, pray for the best, and be thankful that we even get to see our beloved creatures battling it out on-screen.

Evan Burt

Evan Burt

Uhhh...AVP is going to be nothing but garbage. They should have abandoned the project when the corporate douche bags opted for a PG-13.

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Well, Burt convinced me!     ;D  

beeko

beeko

untill i see it on the offical site im still hoping , like its been said before when you look at aliens the only real gore scene was the chesterbuster,so im guessing that if aliens wwas released today it would be pg13 when i saw alien3 in sydney it was only rated M which is recommened for 15 years and over but not restricted, im still looking foward to a movie with action/suspense/horror etc

Shadowpred

Shadowpred

It is official last night there was a new preview on television and it now states that it is in fact PG-13   >:D     well i'm still going to see it though.

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

Even if it is PG-13, there are plenty of good PG-13, ultra viloent and somewhat gory films (and the kiddy starship troopers show rocked so dont make fun of it!) You may be addicted to gore, I like it, but I dont breathe it.  Besides, we will see plenty of alienn and predator gore (The MPAA, dosent care about it if the blood is not red) I got that info from Hicks. and It still will rock. here is a list of really good, viloent PG-13's  HellBoy (at first, fans thought it should be R because of the viloent content in the comics.)  Master & Commander  Jurassic Park Trilogy  Jaws movies  DareDevil  M. night. Shalaman's movies  The Ring  The Fugitive  Clear and Present Danger  the Sphere  AND IT IS NOT CONFIRMED PG-13!!! just becuase some of you say you saw it dosnt prove anything!!! people said the same thing about Terminator 3, they said I saw the new trailer its PG-13, well guess what...it wasnt. and even if AVP is PG-13, I really dont give a f**k... Because some of my favorite movies are PG-13, I would Prefer it to be an R, but I am fine with PG-13

Dachande

Dachande

again, all i have to say to everyone is that green blood isn't technically rated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

That's right.  The trailers for Resident Evil had the one scene with the zombie lunging edited so that he was in black and white and his blood was purple, that way it was suitable for all audiences even though the actual image was still pretty gruesome.

JustAnotherAlien

JustAnotherAlien

Slovarik, thank you for using my "pillowcases" comment on the forum. The executives @ fox needed to know their secret is out...  I just cant imagine anyone in their right mind allowing 10, 11, and 12 year olds to see this movie. Greedy corporate executives, they only care for themselves and their money.

El Demonio Cazador

El Demonio Cazador

Oh man... it's so pathetic how some of you still don't believe it's PG 13... its funny though.... I would Blame P.A. more than FOX.... he decided to go on board on a project that was PG 13 since the beggining.... And it's even funnier the naive ones who think that the DVD is going to have all the stuff that the theatrical trailer hasn't... This ain't Peter jacskon and L of the Rings... P.A. agreed to film a PG 13 movie... and misled the fans... and we're going to see a Low Carb/Low Sugar Alien and Predator... This should be called AVP:Light and I'm quoting myself on the ironic slogan....    
QuoteHow Ironic...  the Slogan is:   Whoever Wins (FOX, P.Anderson)  We lose (The fans)
[/b]   Saludos

flonge

flonge

I've just read the novelization for the second time now in 3 days...  I was impressed with the book, I loved every minute of it, and I think the movie will turn out to be very good no matter what happens... if its 80% of the novelization it will still be pretty good...  But then the rating is official... PG-13... In the novelization the pred's do some pretty gory kills to human, I guess they will be edited to look ... I don't know but it can't be good.. I was looking forward to se the brains fall of Quinn and to se the norwegian whale hunters hanged with blood dripping...  Nevertheless the novelization at least is pretty good and should be a good read to most FANS, and if the movie is just like it I am sure it will please most fans. But if its a light version of the novelization then I think most fans will be disappointed....

Regicidal_Maniac

Regicidal_Maniac

Greedy studios executives?  It's not art to them it's just a business.   Is there any compelling reason why studio executives should care for anything but the continuance of their careers and the financial returns that they can secure for their studios in order that they should rise up the ladder to become studio bosses?  Execs are not artists, believe me, I'm not even sure if they're human, but it's their job to guarantee a higher return for the studio's initial outlay.  In a way they are a lot like investment bankers, no disrespect to the bankers of the world but when was the last time an art gallery had a showing of a high yield share portfolio? These people are money men, bean counters and like it or not they call the shots.  Directors like Cameron, extremely principled artists and auteurs, are few and far between. It takes a big man/woman to get their back up and tell an uncreative moneyman where he can shove all those cards he's holding. I feel for Anderson, I really do as he has, to quote George Costanza: "no hand".  He doesn't get to say how it's going to be and he has no right to final cut as he's just a director for hire, the same way you would hire a painter to paint the side of your house or an electrician to fix your wiring.  He may be the writer/director but he's not an auteur, it's not his project, it's not his sandpit and they're not his toys. TwenCenFox owns all the toys and the sandpit and they had every right to kick him out if they didn't like the way he was playing. Sad but true.  Until any of us AVP fans has the gumption, or more likely crazy-streak, to independantly finance, produce and create an AVP film with the hopes of being able to sell it to Fox on a negative pickup deal you have no choice but to accept the way things are and just enjoy the damn film.  Let me just say right now that even if you did create the world's best Alien, Predator or AVP film using your own finances, time, blood, sweat and tears, they would still be well with their rights as owners of the intellectual property to refuse outright and turn around and sue you for infringement of copyright. Which would leave you out of pocket and with one hell of a fan-film which you could never screen.  However, if you were crazy enough to go down this road and talented enough to pull it off, the world would be your oyster regardless of whether Fox agreed to your negative pickup demands. It would make one pretty bitchin' showreel and would open every door in Hollywood as everyone loves a go-getter, especially a crazy, passionate and talented go-getter.  I urge those of you with more money than sense and time and talent to burn to give it a go, you've got my support you crazy sonofabitch, more power to you.  But until that shining day, may it soon come, when the garage-school desktop filmmakers of the world are given sweetheart deals and six-figure greenlight contracts by major Hollywood studios for their crazy, passionate devotion to play with licensed film characters you're just going to have to learn to deal with the way things are.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed