"Ok, whose next?" - Predator 2

Started by JPredator, Apr 18, 2013, 08:55:31 AM

Author
"Ok, whose next?" - Predator 2 (Read 5,102 times)

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: leon on Jun 08, 2013, 08:25:16 PM
Scene I would have loved to see - Billy vs Predator on the log.........oh yeah.

The predator didn't kill him. He just slipped off the log :laugh: ;D

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on May 01, 2013, 06:53:54 PM
Some favorite scenes from each of the Predator movies.

From P1: Toward the end, Dutch is crawling out of the water and BAM the Predators blades are on each side of his neck.

From P2: Gangsters getting slaughtered on the train by City Hunter.  Also, City Hunter is running through some old lady's apartment and you hear the music from Jeopardy playing in the background.

From AVP: Scar's aerial assault on the queen's head with his spear.  Lex alone in the pyramid, she turns around and Scar is standing there.

AVPR: The credits.  JK!  The beginning when Wolf is picking out his weapons.  I also liked the peak at their home world.

Predators: Classic gearing up, also the fight with Hanzo and Falconer.

That part really showed me how big the Predator was next to a human. It also showed how long those wrist blades were too. You really never saw the difference until that point.

Quote from: Terx2 on Jun 09, 2013, 01:08:57 AM

The predator didn't kill him. He just slipped off the log :laugh: ;D

I'll never be able to think of that scene the same way again.  :D

P1 - When they find Hopper's team mutilated and skinned.

P2 - Penthouse scene. It's just overall of great scene showing us what the predator does when he kills his prey. I also liked seeing the various weapons being used.

Predators - Hanzo vs Predator. It was a good little fight scene.

AvP - Celtic vs Grid

AvPR - The scene where Wolf first shows up on earth and implodes the crashed ship. I thought that was some great stuff there in otherwise a pretty bad film.

Xenomorphine

Nope. Like Lambert's death, it's more powerful because of what you don't see. The sounds you hear totally sell it.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 09, 2013, 02:00:24 AM

Nope. Like Lambert's death, it's more powerful because of what you don't see. The sounds you hear totally sell it.

Yeah, just hearing that horrible scream sent chills down my spine when I was a kid. And then you have that beat where it gets silent as Arnold and the rest of the group wait for whatever is coming for them.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 09, 2013, 02:00:24 AMNope. Like Lambert's death, it's more powerful because of what you don't see. The sounds you hear totally sell it.

Yeah that scene definitely works better without seeing what happens.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

When Dillon sees Mac's body and is scanning for the Predator, only to see it standing out in the open waiting for him to see it.  Thought that was pretty badass.

Also when Mac basically crawls to his execution. 

The Penthouse scene in P2.  I don't know why, but I love the short violent action sequences in the second film.  They are cheesy as f**k, but the Penthouse scene with the Jamaicans being taken out is one of my favorite in the franchise.

NotSafeZone

NotSafeZone

P1 - When Dillon tries to fight on with only one arm left as well as when Arnie realizes just how in over his head he is when he breaks the branch over the Predator who no sells it.

P2 - The massacre of Keyes' team.

FiorinaFury161

If we are going on FIRST viewings:

P1 : When the Predator gets Blaine and Mac picks up the mini-gun and starts his own version of deforestation.

P2 : King Willie getting beheaded or The old lady getting the broom when City Predator is in the bathroom treating his injuries.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 30, 2013, 11:54:54 PMP2 : King Willie getting beheaded or The old lady getting the broom when City Predator is in the bathroom treating his injuries.

"It's OK, I'm a cop."

"I don't think he gives a shit..."

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

P1, The deaths of Mac and Dillon. Loved the build up and atmosphere of this scene. Easily the Predator at its most frightening.

P2, The subway scene. Paxton completes the trifecta. He has now been killed by The Terminator, Alien and Predator.

Predators, BSP gets beheaded. Next to Anytime, my fav Pred death. So unexpectedly brutal.

AvP R, The nuke drop. Because the movie ended.

Honorable mentions go to Arnie's final fight and Harrigan's duel in the ship.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 08, 2013, 01:25:22 PM

P2, The subway scene. Paxton completes the trifecta. He has now been killed by The Terminator, Alien and Predator.

:o  Good find!  What about AVP?

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jul 09, 2013, 12:48:21 AM

Oh. Silly me.

AvP, Lance gets killed. Because then he completes the same trifecta. ;)

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 09, 2013, 12:53:27 AM

Oh. Silly me.

How did I miss his death by terminator  :-[ 

FiorinaFury161

^ I was thinking the same thing!

BR1XER

BR1XER

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jul 10, 2013, 02:24:50 AM
Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 09, 2013, 12:53:27 AM

Oh. Silly me.

How did I miss his death by terminator  :-[
You mean Paxton, or Lance? If the former, then it really is hard to pinpoint him. After all, he plays one of the lesser known characters and even the gruesome death doesn't make it any more well-known.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed