Prey in SFX Magazine August 2022

Started by Darkness, Jul 08, 2022, 07:06:28 PM

Author
Prey in SFX Magazine August 2022 (Read 20,741 times)

BISHOP 93

BISHOP 93

Could it also be some sort of quiver for the "bow"?

Engineer

Engineer

There's a new teaser trailer up. I saw it on FB. You get a glimpse of something that looks like a high tech spear gun. Betcha that's what the weapon on his back is after all.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 18, 2022, 05:37:37 PMThere's a new teaser trailer up. I saw it on FB. You get a glimpse of something that looks like a high tech spear gun. Betcha that's what the weapon on his back is after all.
Yeah it definitely is, hoping for a version in a normal aspect ration to get a better look

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 18, 2022, 05:37:37 PMThere's a new teaser trailer up. I saw it on FB. You get a glimpse of something that looks like a high tech spear gun. Betcha that's what the weapon on his back is after all.

https://twitter.com/hulu/status/1549076622677946368

Kailem

Kailem

Given that Predators have a long history of spear guns going all the way back to Predator 2 (even though we never got to actually see it), I'm super glad to see it looks like some type of spear gun rather than just a bow or crossbow with Predator-style texturing.

I'm still not entirely sure how the targeting lasers are going to work with it since they're attached to the helmet as usual but this looks like it's going to be a hand-held weapon, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of it in action!

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 18, 2022, 05:42:45 PMGiven that Predators have a long history of spear guns going all the way back to Predator 2 (even though we never got to actually see it), I'm super glad to see it looks like some type of spear gun rather than just a bow or crossbow with Predator-style texturing.

I'm still not entirely sure how the targeting lasers are going to work with it since they're attached to the helmet as usual but this looks like it's going to be a hand-held weapon, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of it in action!
Maybe the laser points to what the spear gun will hit rather than the projectile goes to wherever the laser is pointed... If that makes any sense... 

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Doomofman on Jul 18, 2022, 05:46:15 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Jul 18, 2022, 05:42:45 PMGiven that Predators have a long history of spear guns going all the way back to Predator 2 (even though we never got to actually see it), I'm super glad to see it looks like some type of spear gun rather than just a bow or crossbow with Predator-style texturing.

Maybe the laser points to what the spear gun will hit rather than the projectile goes to wherever the laser is pointed... If that makes any sense...

I get what you're saying, and yeah it actually does. Like the reverse of what we've seen before with it. That'd actually be pretty cool! Definitely a good way of getting the targeting laser to work with a non-auto targeting weapon, for sure!

Mike’s Monsters

Noticed the bolt almost floats/lifts itself into place. You can see a heat texture or something distorting the space around the bolt as it lifts up. I wonder if they're using magnet power!

BigDaddyJohn

It looks a bit like the mini-shuriken fired from Fugitive's wrist gauntlet in the jungle intro of The Predator. The thing levitates for a moment before being fired. I wonder if they got inspired by that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed