Prey in SFX Magazine August 2022

Started by Darkness, Jul 08, 2022, 07:06:28 PM

Author
Prey in SFX Magazine August 2022 (Read 20,660 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I saw the spear looking thing hit impale the tree but it was shown as a projectile, or possibly thrown, it isn't shown as a melee weapon yet though. The thing that makes me think it isn't a spear is it only has one pointed tip, every spear in predator history had two sharp ends, well in the movies at the very least. The Bad Blood Predator has a wooden spear with one pointed tip, well and also the Shaman Predator as well, but his is literally Wristblades on the end of a staff/stick.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It also appears to have a club on the end of it. I'd be surprised if we didn't see it get used in close quarters.

(Bad Blood)

It would be pretty awesome to see a multipurpose spear/club, honestly it would be a pretty unique and also effective weapon for a predator, a spear for throwing/stabbing and a club for heavy hitting.

BigDaddyJohn

I dig that.

Master Chief

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Jul 14, 2022, 02:21:13 AMI'm only saying it's a sword and spear/arrow gun because he has a shield, it would be very odd if he had a shield and no close quarters weapon of any kind, no sword or axe or mace etc, having a shield and only long range weapons would be silly. Also the trigger being on the "sword"/"bow"/"pistol" would still make sense for a sword, it could be a method of releasing it, as it might be locked in when not in use as to not fall out when running and jumping and climbing.
Don't forget, Feral's prey have ranged weapons themselves.  Blocking arrows, spears, and bullets with a shield doesn't seem odd to me.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Jul 14, 2022, 07:09:30 AMI saw the spear looking thing hit impale the tree but it was shown as a projectile, or possibly thrown, it isn't shown as a melee weapon yet though.

Mate, it's a spear. It can be used in melee. This isn't a videogame.

RoguePred1987

Are those spines running down his shoulders? That's an interesting choice, but we haven't really seen the shoulders without armor pieces or casters, except maybe a quick shot in AVPR? I like it.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 14, 2022, 07:42:35 PM
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Jul 14, 2022, 07:09:30 AMI saw the spear looking thing hit impale the tree but it was shown as a projectile, or possibly thrown, it isn't shown as a melee weapon yet though.

Well yes of course it can, anything long range can be used as a melee weapon, you could use your M4 carbine as a last resort bat when I was in the infantry, but that doesn't mean it was intended for that purpose, I am well aware that combat is not like a video game, I was merely suggesting the spear may have been an arrow like projectile that is self propelled possibly thrown, less a spear, in the trailer it seems too short fully extended to be a typical predator spear, I just mean't we have not seen it thrown or in his hand yet so it very well could be "meant" for only long range combat, some kind of arrow or self propelled weapon. 

SiL

SiL

Right but spears are melee and ranged weapons. They're always both.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: SiL on Jul 15, 2022, 12:20:22 AMRight but spears are melee and ranged weapons. They're always both.
yes indeed spears are, however this might not be a spear, that's what I have been trying to relay here, despite my previous name for it. look, I'm not saying anyone is wrong or that I'm right, just from my personal perspective it looks like a projectile arrow type weapon. It looks at a glance like a spear but when I looked at it flying through the air in the trailer it looks like it has fletchings or grid fins on it, like a missile or arrow.

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe Feral is more like the Alien.

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 15, 2022, 12:26:39 AMMaybe Feral is more like the Alien.

https://s8.gifyu.com/images/a0789dc7b6b0893991ba7feecb9993c9-1.gif
With how he was crouching in that photo behind Naru, it would not surprise me at all if that were the case.

shadowedge

shadowedge

Maybe it is an expandable sword on it's back. Kind of like the one in the comic Predator 1718 where Greyback gets the pistol from Predator 2. Would make sense because it has a shield too.

It is possible that it is both a sword and a gun of some kind, since it has a trigger. The shape of the thing on it's back is very similar to Greyback's sword.

Also the 1700's timeline makes sense.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Jul 14, 2022, 11:37:32 PM

Well yes of course it can, anything long range can be used as a melee weapon, you could use your M4 carbine as a last resort bat when I was in the infantry, but that doesn't mean it was intended for that purpose, I am well aware that combat is not like a video game, I was merely suggesting the spear may have been an arrow like projectile that is self propelled possibly thrown, less a spear, in the trailer it seems too short fully extended to be a typical predator spear, I just mean't we have not seen it thrown or in his hand yet so it very well could be "meant" for only long range combat, some kind of arrow or self propelled weapon. 

Maybe it's more like a predator version of a Native American Lance rather than a spear...

To elaborate, something using an atlatl.

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 15, 2022, 06:38:15 PM
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Jul 14, 2022, 11:37:32 PM

Maybe it's more like a predator version of a Native American Lance rather than a spear...

To elaborate, something using an atlatl.
It could be, that would be epic to see.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed