Prey in SFX Magazine August 2022

Started by Darkness, Jul 08, 2022, 07:06:28 PM

Author
Prey in SFX Magazine August 2022 (Read 20,611 times)

funk_master_chunk

Anyone else think the handle of the spear looks like it'll open out into a mace?

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

Doomofman

Doomofman

I can't tell if those are blades or flights (as in the things that stabilize arrows in flight), flights make more sense to me

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Doomofman on Jul 13, 2022, 11:00:59 PMI can't tell if those are blades or flights (as in the things that stabilize arrows in flight), flights make more sense to me

It could well be flights - but it'd be one hell of a stumpy arrow if it were flights haha.

There's like a join midway down the shaft you can see on the main pic of him; and I think it's designed to be twisted and out pop the blades (?) for the mace.

I just think if they're calling him feral it has to be for a reason. Arrows/bolts/projectiles are for ranged kills and would be quite clean and not at all feral.

However a mace with a barbed blade at the heel would make for quite the visceral close quarters brutal melee weapon. Very feral indeed, IMO.

BigDaddyJohn

I'll soon reach the point where I will not want to see more. We're so close now.

Clubroot

Clubroot

Amber Midthunder DLC for Hunting Grounds pretty soon I bet lol

Highland

Highland

Back of that Predator is better than the front of any Predator I've seen since Wolf.

Totally dig the athletic killing looks, makes complete sense for how it moves. The dreds add to the streamline killing machine. Proportions are perfect.

I like what they've done here, if they get the face right ( doesnt have to be the same but does have to look good) then this could be the best Predator Suit since the original.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I'm only saying it's a sword and spear/arrow gun because he has a shield, it would be very odd if he had a shield and no close quarters weapon of any kind, no sword or axe or mace etc, having a shield and only long range weapons would be silly. Also the trigger being on the "sword"/"bow"/"pistol" would still make sense for a sword, it could be a method of releasing it, as it might be locked in when not in use as to not fall out when running and jumping and climbing.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Jul 14, 2022, 02:21:13 AMit would be very odd if he had a shield and no close quarters weapon of any kind

Wristblades.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 13, 2022, 02:58:32 PMI have a funny feeling this will end up being my favourite Predator film.

Topping the first two will be a tall order for me, but it's not even out yet and I already like it more than the other two and the AvPs.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jul 13, 2022, 10:49:19 PMAnyone else think the handle of the spear looks like it'll open out into a mace?

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

(Bad Blood)

Quote: Wristblades. I know that counts as close quarters, I'm not saying you're wrong by any means but I was implying something with more reach, would you carry a dagger and a shield into a gladiatorial arena to fight opponents with axes? Or carry the same as a Spartan soldier fighting in a battle? Probably not, I would think you might want something like a sword or spear or axe or even a mace would be preferable to reach over your shield when it's up.                                   

[cancerblack]

He also has a spear.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

But it might be a spear gun, the projectile tip matches the spear looking thing on the back. However I could be wrong and that's alright, I like the predator either way, they have such a vast array of weaponry it's hard to really guess without seeing it in action.

SiL

SiL

Don't we see it being used as a spear in the trailer already?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: SiL on Jul 14, 2022, 06:19:34 AMDon't we see it being used as a spear in the trailer already?

I see the guy getting impaled while Naru hides in the burnt area as a spear. And we see one of the Comanche on horseback using one and it extends before he throws.

Some Old Dude

I love the texture of the skin and the smaller dreads. Can't wait to see the face in its proper glory at some point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed