Prey in SFX Magazine August 2022

Started by Darkness, Jul 08, 2022, 07:06:28 PM

Author
Prey in SFX Magazine August 2022 (Read 20,677 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

The only thing that bothers me of the design is that the sword/rifle and medical kit looks like its just floating on Feral without any kind of strapping on. Its even more jarring as other Preds have such things but not Feral.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Pretty happy with the design overall.

Master

Master

I think the monsters has some sort of crossbow.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Master on Jul 13, 2022, 06:53:40 PMI think the monsters has some sort of crossbow.
Yeah I can totally see it being a crossbow, if you look at the tip of it just before it gets to the spear you can see it's separated in two.

So maybe was the handle gets cranked into position the bow arms pop out.

My only counterpoint to that then is... where's the ammo?

Jason Todd Voorhees

Curious is the name Feral Predator the Official Name or is this us Fans giving it an Unofficial Name?

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Jason Todd Voorhees on Jul 13, 2022, 07:12:48 PMCurious is the name Feral Predator the Official Name or is this us Fans giving it an Unofficial Name?
Actor in the suit and the director have both called him Feral as far as I know

On the crossbow theory, I've done a quick markup of what could be the bow arms and how they fold out (if it is indeed some sort of crossbow pistol type thing). My biggest points against the idea is 1) where is he keeping the ammo and 2) where is the string? it would fold the opposite way of existing folding crossbows

Kailem

Kailem

I just hope that if it is some sort of bow or crossbow they it has an appropriately Predator-like "twist" to it, and it's not just a one to one recreation of a human weapon with a Predator paint job.

One of the reasons I wasn't super fond of the bow in Hunting Grounds (as well as some of the other melee weapons) was that it felt a bit too "standard." So even though harpoon/spear guns are a thing that exists too, I think I'd prefer seeing some variation of something like that rather than a bow.

Jason Todd Voorhees

Quote from: Doomofman on Jul 13, 2022, 07:13:34 PM
Quote from: Jason Todd Voorhees on Jul 13, 2022, 07:12:48 PMCurious is the name Feral Predator the Official Name or is this us Fans giving it an Unofficial Name?
Actor in the suit and the director have both called him Feral as far as I know

On the crossbow theory, I've done a quick markup of what could be the bow arms and how they fold out (if it is indeed some sort of crossbow pistol type thing). My biggest points against the idea is 1) where is he keeping the ammo and 2) where is the string? it would fold the opposite way of existing folding crossbows

https://i.imgur.com/2bwqfa4.png
Thanks for the response Doomofman!

Master Chief

Quote from: Darkness on Jul 13, 2022, 06:57:08 AMHere's the article:

As a guest, you cannot see this content. Please login.

Lots of new production stills in there.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/still1.jpg
I like this production still! Looks like Feral is enjoying his mountain view from his cave.

ace3g

ace3g

QuoteCool sneak peek at the new #predator suit I sculpted with the great Joey Orosco @symbolicartsfx and @savannahsuderman for @thestudioadi @alec_gillis @dannytrs
Can't wait!
#prey #predator5 #practicaleffects

BlueMarsalis79

They covered the seamline!

Master Chief

Haha they sure did. I didn't think much of it, being a production still and all.

BlueMarsalis79

Can I get an image of that version?

SiL

SiL

Tom Woodruff out here getting Pumpkinhead flashbacks.

(One of the most famous publicity stills of the monster from FX magazines made the eye holes in the neck painfully obvious. Same thing here.)

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Master on Jul 13, 2022, 01:32:33 PMI  don't like smaller head.
That's what she said

Sorry. Couldn't help myself...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed