Prey in SFX Magazine August 2022

Started by Darkness, Jul 08, 2022, 07:06:28 PM

Author
Prey in SFX Magazine August 2022 (Read 20,794 times)

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Doomofman on Jul 13, 2022, 10:27:12 AMIs it possible that what people think is a sword is actually like a predator spear gun or plasma rifle type thing?

Seems to have a trigger and a hand grip (and possibly the handle folds down a little to make it more gun shaped)

Exactly what I think after watching the picture in high resolution.
That will be his ranged weapon, the so-called "speargun" or what we imagined as a "bow".

BHS

BHS

Im still laugh at you all that call the new predator "feral predator" cause all predators are feral lol it doesnt make any sense

Damo

Damo

Looks like some sort of skin over his body, you can see the stiches running up near the middle of his back and down the bottom its crumpled up near his belt. hopefully this is the skin of some sort of creature he's hunted off world

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BHS on Jul 13, 2022, 11:06:45 AMIm still laugh at you all that call the new predator "feral predator" cause all predators are feral lol it doesnt make any sense

It's the nickname used by the production crew. It's no different than Wolf Predator or Celtic or etc.

It looks like the spear has a club on one end of it too! 

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: BHS on Jul 13, 2022, 11:06:45 AMIm still laugh at you all that call the new predator "feral predator" cause all predators are feral lol it doesnt make any sense

https://twitter.com/ddnumerouno/status/1534184826835677185?s=21&t=BuxufPogyixdgOipz07f8Q

dane actually coined this term himself the day the trailer launched.

Corporal Hicks

I would expect it was in use before the trailer dropped. That's just when we were told. :)

Darkness

Darkness

I was about to ask that actually. I haven't referred to it as Feral until now as I thought it was something you guys had made up. I wasn't sure if it was official or not.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I actually really like the thin dreads.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I like all I'm seeing. Definitely looks like a medkit up there. The "sword" could indeed be some projectile weapon, speargun of some sorts.

And he seems to have some scars on his lower right side also, if it's that, it's awesome.

Sabres21768

Quote from: Damo on Jul 13, 2022, 11:08:06 AMLooks like some sort of skin over his body, you can see the stiches running up near the middle of his back and down the bottom its crumpled up near his belt. hopefully this is the skin of some sort of creature he's hunted off world
Hate to break it to you, but that's probably just the seam in the suit the actor is wearing.

Master

Master

I  don't like smaller head.

Kailem

Kailem

I'm really, really liking some of the stuff I'm reading in this article!

For one, they pretty much straight-up confirm that they will be viewing this Predator through the lens of tribal legend/cryptid!

"Every tribe has monster stories. For Comanches, it's called Pia Mupitsi [Big Cannibal Owl]. It's this big tall creature that kills people. It's the scary story that you tell children if you want them to behave before the Mupitsi is gonna come and get you. So the fact that we could use Mupitsi in this film, it's amazing."

And then taking a quick look on Wikipedia:

"Children were also told about Big Maneater Owl (Pia Mupitsi), who lived in a cave on the south side of the Wichita Mountains and ate bad children at night."

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

;D  ;D  ;D

Also Dan Trachtenberg 100% confirming that this isn't the first time Predators have been to Earth period, just that this is Feral's first hunt here:

""I want to specifically say this, because I think there's been some confusion how people have understood: in my mind, this is not a prequel movie, this isn't, 'Let's tell the origin of the Predator.' This is really something that's set prior to the original Predator movie. And the Predator creature in this one, this is its first time travelling to Earth. Who's to say if any Predator at any point has ever been to Earth prior? But for us, this Predator is discovering this planet and looking for who was on top. We use that code to examine the larger themes of the movie."

I also really like that angle, that Feral is going to be hunting various different things here - as we've seen in the trailers with the bear and the wolf - essentially looking for the toughest prey. Then he gets to the Comanche and he's like "ok, here we go...."

So yep, reading this article definitely makes me even more hyped than I already was to see this! ;D

Xerxész

Xerxész

I'm wondering what Naru is holding in her hands, in one of the other production stills.
It is a bloody ring-like thing...maybe an other of Feral's new stuff?

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 13, 2022, 01:52:37 PMI'm wondering what Naru is holding in her hands, in one of the other production stills.
It is a bloody ring-like thing...maybe an other of Feral's new stuff?

I'm thinking so. Maybe it's what gets fired out of that speargun/bow-type weapon? A small, spinning razor-sharp disc-like projectile?

Or it could be something we just haven't seen in action yet.

And yeah, I'm definitely agreeing with those thinking the "sword" on his back is actually that weapon. You can certainly make out what looks like a trigger there on part of it.

BRINGER OF DEATH 2

BRINGER OF DEATH 2

Looks like the Preds human bear trap...ish ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed