Prometheus - Life & Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 10, 2016, 08:28:01 AM

Author
Prometheus - Life & Death (Read 32,427 times)

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 24, 2016, 07:43:29 AM
That isn't great. At all.  :-\ Looks terrible. Is that from #3?

Yeah, page 3 of #3.

Spoiler
I mean look at the MASSIVE gaps in that trap! I don't see how the Alien even got impaled in the first place!
[close]

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Kurai on Aug 24, 2016, 02:41:16 AM
Yeah, Black Goo messed them up and such but I'm sorry, this:

Spoiler

[close]

is inexcusable.  >:(

Spoiler
I thought this was Aliens/Prometheus, not The Walking Dead. Acid should have melted through the sticks, let alone Aliens shouldn't be that stupid, even with Black Goo issues. I'm smashing my head against a wall with this, IIRC I'm not the only one here that has complained about the Aliens being just zombies.
[close]

Who wrote this? I thought I was reading what I wrote :).

Is that really from Prometheus Life And Death #3, I don't recall that scene. That is one ugly fast drawn Alien & Predator. I wish I were his editor. I would tell him that can't even be used as hygienic toilet paper. Do the world a favor and burn it. I could see it in a newspaper funnies strip but not as toilet paper.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: Kurai on Aug 24, 2016, 02:41:16 AM
Yeah, Black Goo messed them up and such but I'm sorry, this:

Spoiler

[close]

is inexcusable.  >:(

Spoiler
I thought this was Aliens/Prometheus, not The Walking Dead. Acid should have melted through the sticks, let alone Aliens shouldn't be that stupid, even with Black Goo issues. I'm smashing my head against a wall with this, IIRC I'm not the only one here that has complained about the Aliens being just zombies.
[close]

That said, I'm 100% in for more Xeno Morphs (ba dum tchish). I just wish they set themselves some guidelines with them. Considering only Alien and Aliens, the Alien should retain the front portion of the skull with jaw slightly modified of it's host behind the cowl as well as the basic body shape of the host. As the Alien grows, the skull feature morphs, pulled backwards by the sides and the cowl is shed, giving us our Cameron Xeno.

A common thing I see is just slapping a human Alien head or torso on a different set of hips or with different limbs.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Kenner Aliens. But after Aliens, the whole Alien's horizontal gene absorption and characteristic inheritance is kind of shallow.
Oh that's awful...not just the obviously rushed art but just...the Xenos...why do they have to make them mindless idiots nowadays?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Dark Horse has a preview of issue #4! Beware of spoilers!

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/Previews/29-815?page=0

Spoiler
I like that we're seeing Ahab fight an Engineer in a chair suit. This issue looks like it will be a fun battle.
[close]

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 03, 2016, 04:51:35 PM

Spoiler
I like that we're seeing Ahab fight an Engineer in a chair suit. This issue looks like it will be a fun battle.
[close]

I do like that look for the Engineer.   

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 03, 2016, 05:05:01 PM

Spoiler
[close]

I do like that look for the Engineer.

That was a pretty cool preview. I like the Engineer look also.
Spoiler
The Pred put up a great fight but those engineers are sick. Did the 2nd Engineer vaporize the ship with the human crew? lol
[close]

The Alien Predator

Spoiler
[close]

OH MY GODOFKEOFKFRIOFK....

This just keeps getting better and better, I am literally ecstatic right now!!!! I cannot wait to read these!

OMG SERIOUSLY! NEED CPR TO RESTART MY HEARTBEAT...

Nostromo

Nostromo

I don't think he came back after this, someone should call his house.

Lol..you ok Alien Predator?

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 04, 2016, 12:01:30 PM

After a good night's sleep, I managed to get my senses together.  :laugh:

When I came to this thread a few minutes ago, a funny glitch happened. I saw the recent comments but mine went missing lol! I was confused and wondering whether I was a bit TOO happy for this forum's taste but then I come back and BAM it's here along with your reply. XD Must've been a disturbance in the Force...

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 04, 2016, 03:00:09 PM

When I came to this thread a few minutes ago, a funny glitch happened. I saw the recent comments but mine went missing lol! I was confused and wondering whether I was a bit TOO happy for this forum's taste but then I come back and BAM it's here along with your reply. XD Must've been a disturbance in the Force...

A glitch??? What do you mean a glitch???

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 04, 2016, 03:56:22 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 04, 2016, 03:00:09 PM

A glitch??? What do you mean a glitch???

LOL!!! XD

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I do wish the comics would take a little liberty and increase the size of the Jockeys. Not really digging on the artwork either. I'm complaining. I hate complaining.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hoping this will be a balanced out the complaints of the Engineer Predator battle shown Predator fire and stone issue 4 where the Engineer had over powered the Predator.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2016, 08:30:50 AM
I do wish the comics would take a little liberty and increase the size of the Jockeys. Not really digging on the artwork either. I'm complaining. I hate complaining.

Speaking of Jockeys, if Covenant or a future sequel introduces them as a separate huge race... do you think the Predators would hunt them in future comics?  :P

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Sep 05, 2016, 01:24:20 PM
Hoping this will be a balanced out the complaints of the Engineer Predator battle shown Predator fire and stone issue 4 where the Engineer had over powered the Predator.

Looking at the preview.. this does look like this might be fixed. And seeing Ahab actually giving an Engineer in a chairsuit a hard time... Well.. maybe this will knock the Engineers down several pegs. Kind of got me nodding in approval there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed