Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,538 times)

Frosty Venom

It would be a really stupid move if they weren't to finish the prequel trilogy.

Corporal Hicks

Wysps

"It seems as though Disney is still trying to determine exactly how these new film assets will be integrated into its studio."

Why would they not have this ironed out before a bid was even made? Seems like too big of a purchase to make when there isn't some sort of long term trajectory to follow...

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Wysps on Oct 20, 2018, 02:54:25 PM
"It seems as though Disney is still trying to determine exactly how these new film assets will be integrated into its studio."

Why would they not have this ironed out before a bid was even made? Seems like too big of a purchase to make when there isn't some sort of long term trajectory to follow...

I thought the main reason for the big was to gain Fox shows for streaming services... and maybe the X-Men.  Every other IP they're getting is just gravy.

XenoHunter99

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Oct 19, 2018, 03:23:33 AM
It would be a really stupid move if they weren't to finish the prequel trilogy.
I'd be surprised if the third movie gets made. Could happen, but could be years in the future, too.

SM

There was never a planned trilogy in the first place.

Back when Prometheus came out, Riddles said there was scope for three more films before they got to Alien.

XenoHunter99

Regardless what he said, the series fell into the pattern for a trilogy. Could he stretch it to 4 films? Who knows. How much can you ever really trust anything that guy says or said?

SM

How did fall into the "pattern for a trilogy"?

Perfect-Organism

I'm up for a third or fourth prequel.  Just not at the cost of a new sequel to Aliens.  Maybe Disney will have the cojones needed to do all films at once.

Keep in mind, Aliens had all the makings of an adult fairy tale.  Newt is a Disney princess in many ways.

SM

Do many Disney Princesses suffer violent deaths?

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Nov 07, 2018, 01:32:38 AM

"I'm late, I'm late, for a very disgusting fate"

A whole new world! A magic place I never...cough..choke...CHESTBURST!!

The Old One

The Old One

"Lungs. Filled with fluid. Ergo, she drowned."

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 07, 2018, 01:48:04 AM
"Lungs. Filled with fluid. Ergo, she drowned."

"The Lt. feels there still exists a possibility for a communicable infection."

...BURN THE CASTLE!

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Nov 07, 2018, 01:32:38 AM

Referring to Aliens of course.  IMO, It is an adult fairy tale much like Pan's Labyrinth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed