ALIENS May 2009 (More Than Human)

Started by vikingspawn, Jan 07, 2009, 01:04:33 PM

Author
ALIENS May 2009 (More Than Human) (Read 64,884 times)

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

The early Dark Horse preview solicits are out and ALIENS are in there!!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=19436

ALIENS #1

Written by John Arcudi, penciled by Zach Howard, inked by Mark Irwin, cover by Howard.

A group of wildcat planetary prospectors plant their flag on a distant new world, rich in land, resources . . . and mystery. Within this seemingly uninhabited planet lies the greatest archaeological discovery in history, an ancient, abandoned complex of impossible proportions carved deep within the living rock, a mind-numbing labyrinth of passages, ramps, bridges, and galleries that seems to extend limitlessly. But as the exploration of the leviathan dead city proceeds deeper and deeper, the members of the team slowly begin to lose their grip on reality. But madness gives way to fear as the explorers begin to disappear one by one. Something else lives within the necropolis, a faceless horror as deadly and merciless as space itself, a lethal terror that has waited centuries to awake . . . and destroy.

At long last, Dark Horse Comics heralds the return of the heavyweight champion of modern science-fiction/horror, Aliens!

* Aliens #1 is the first act in the relaunch of all three classic Dark Horse/Fox comics series. The release of Aliens #1 will coincide with the thirtieth anniversary of the Ridley Scott-helmed film masterpiece, Alien, and will be preceded by an Aliens/Predator special for Free Comic Book Day!

* Featuring the top-flight creative team of writer John Arcudi (The Mask, B.P.R.D., Doom Patrol), penciller Zach Howard (Sean of the Dead, Outer Orbit), and inker Mark Irwin (X-Men: Age of Apocalypse, Batman, Amazing Spider-Man).

* Special advance solicitation!

32 pages, $3.50, in stores on May 27.

;D

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

I'm already hooked! :D

And good timing in releasing it with the 30 year anniversary!

It will be interesting to see since its a "rewrite" how different it will be from the original.

Hopefully this will introduce more fans to the franchise!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That is fantastic! I wont be at my home 'till tomorrow though so a news post will have to wait. But it sounds quite interesting.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

*nostalgia trip*

Brings me back to the days of when I was a young'n and actively hunted said comics.  I don't know if I'll buy the individual issues or if I'll get it all in tpb form when its released.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Secks!

Can't wait.

happypred

happypred

Does the art look a little kind of manga-ish or am I just paranoid?

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Quote from: happypred on Jan 08, 2009, 03:47:32 AM
Does the art look a little kind of manga-ish or am I just paranoid?

There're bunch of preview pages here that feature Zack Howard's interior art:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Zach+Howard

His "Star Wars: Dark Times" run was really good.     

Looking at his cover signature,  it looks like he drew the 2009 Free Comic Book Day Predator/Aliens cover  too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just skimmed his Star Wars stuff. Looks amazing. Reminds me of Civilized Beasts and the Halo comics. I'm really looking forward to it.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Awesome! I can't wait!

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

John Arcudi?

hell yes.

damn I cant wait for this.

happypred

happypred

Well it looks quite decent ... resembles the art in civilized beasts which was above average. I'd still prefer something more realistic, but as long as it isn't as cartoonish as the art in xenogenesis or AvPvT. Haha, that mouse guy is a cute lil' fella.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I prefer the look, personally. I thoroughly enjoyed Civilized Beasts and I looovvved the artwork.

XENOMORPH ALIENS

XENOMORPH ALIENS

i dont like how the artwork that dark horses does of the alien comic books. they look a little too cartoonish and i missed the way the aliens looked back in the late 80s when dark horses started doing the aliens comics a year after aliens was released. i just dont like the look of the aliens from dark horses comics and i wished they draw the aliens the way they're supposed to look and also the feel of the aliens comics doesnt have the same kind of atmosphere and dark terror that the dark horses comics did back in the 80s to the mid 90s now days they're more like the kind you'll see in marvel comics and maybe even dc comics of it being very tamed.

happypred

happypred

Civilized Beasts wasn't bad at all, but a part of me misses the old school Dark Horse comics

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I wonder how restrained their going to be.  The stories almost always lacked the seriousness of the original films, and they still edited out words that now appear in mainstream comics without much thought.

The lack of seriousness was the beggining of the end of the first run.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed