Official Master Server Website (2018/2019)

Started by x-M-x, Sep 28, 2018, 06:59:20 PM

Author
Official Master Server Website (2018/2019) (Read 8,598 times)

Corporal Hicks

That's the All-in-One or from disk?

x-M-x

Try the AIO but it's the same as from DISK.. lol

Could be something blocking the install perhaps then it borks into an error.

Vrastal

Are the servers hosted UK or US? or somewhere else?

x-M-x

Quote from: Nazrel on Oct 02, 2018, 08:51:53 PM
Are the servers hosted UK or US? or somewhere else?

UK/FR/

One is in USA.

More USA Servers coming.


Neirum

Had a good time playing on the Gravel Pit server last night, there were only about 4 of us at most a match, but it was awesome to play against skilled people and switch it up between races if things get slow or jump into the exo and blow everything apart. hahaha It's great this game is a thing again, it's MP is unmatched in difficulty and it always had a good player base for it; all besides the stray streaking Dunya hack raining rockets that just pissed everybody off.  :laugh: Yeah, I'll be coming around much more often now that I've warmed up a bit.

x-M-x

Quote from: Neirum on Oct 03, 2018, 09:42:44 PM
Had a good time playing on the Gravel Pit server last night, there were only about 4 of us at most a match, but it was awesome to play against skilled people and switch it up between races if things get slow or jump into the exo and blow everything apart. hahaha It's great this game is a thing again, it's MP is unmatched in difficulty and it always had a good player base for it; all besides the stray streaking Dunya hack raining rockets that just pissed everybody off.  :laugh: Yeah, I'll be coming around much more often now that I've warmed up a bit.

Great to hear it dude! you should join the official avp2 community discord sometime! all known server admins are there (including gravel pit admin) we got a stable/community after some time now.


Tell your friends spread the word !  ;)

RidgeTop

Got it working again... for a while. But not long after it would just have a little black window then not launch. I think these are just a crap-shoot with modern systems unfortunately.

x-M-x

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 07, 2018, 06:44:46 AM
Got it working again... for a while. But not long after it would just have a little black window then not launch. I think these are just a crap-shoot with modern systems unfortunately.

Did you download MSP 2.4 (it's the same as 2.3.4) the only difference a new stable provider was chosen.

But to the point it fixes a lot of things, and some are for windows 10.

Keep your game up to date ridge !


perfect organism

perfect organism

#23
Thank you so much for this post. AVP2 is still the best Alien game in my opinion. Unfortunately, my Primal Hunt game does something pretty annoying: All the cutscenes with the dialogues are cut abruptly and you don't hear the characters end their sentences. It's like they start talking and after a second it cuts to the next sentence. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Update: Never mind, i fixed it using Nvidia inspector and capping my framerate to 60fps. Now the dialouges are smooth and they end their sentences.

RidgeTop

Quote from: x-M-x on Oct 07, 2018, 10:14:13 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 07, 2018, 06:44:46 AM
Got it working again... for a while. But not long after it would just have a little black window then not launch. I think these are just a crap-shoot with modern systems unfortunately.

Did you download MSP 2.4 (it's the same as 2.3.4) the only difference a new stable provider was chosen.

But to the point it fixes a lot of things, and some are for windows 10.

Keep your game up to date ridge !

My issues experienced were with MSP 2.4 installed.

x-M-x

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 07, 2018, 10:37:12 PM
Quote from: x-M-x on Oct 07, 2018, 10:14:13 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 07, 2018, 06:44:46 AM
Got it working again... for a while. But not long after it would just have a little black window then not launch. I think these are just a crap-shoot with modern systems unfortunately.

Did you download MSP 2.4 (it's the same as 2.3.4) the only difference a new stable provider was chosen.

But to the point it fixes a lot of things, and some are for windows 10.

Keep your game up to date ridge !

My issues experienced were with MSP 2.4 installed.

Well there is a console/cmd now in the msp. where you can disable/enable a lot of things.

Look in your avp2 directory and search for readme_console.txt  :)

DT

DT

#26

RidgeTop, that error only happens if you are trying to install the DirectX that comes with the game. For other issues, check out: http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1538797059

- DT@MSP team.

cloverfan98

Got it all installed but not seeing any servers. Did I screw this up or is nobody playing?

x-M-x

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Nov 21, 2018, 09:36:10 PM
Got it all installed but not seeing any servers. Did I screw this up or is nobody playing?

Install the game fully then install MSP 2.4

http://avpunknown.com/avp2master/msp/avp2smsinstall_2.4.zip


you should see 50+ servers

There was a big game recently.


cloverfan98

I think I did. I downloaded it from your post and from the site. My game DOES say Master Server Patch v2.4 and when I que servers it says there are at least 50 while queing but then it says it couldn't find any.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed