30 Days for 30 Years - Counting down to the 30th Anniversary of PREDATOR 2!

Started by Voodoo Magic, Oct 23, 2020, 04:37:15 PM

Author
30 Days for 30 Years - Counting down to the 30th Anniversary of PREDATOR 2! (Read 10,422 times)

426Buddy

Thanks Voodoo! Awesome stuff! I'll have to take my time and dig into this stuff tonight.

Darkness

It seems to still get a lot of flak but I still really like Predator 2. It's the best Predator sequel in my opinion. It's just the era that it was made. You wouldn't be able to pull it off nowadays.

Happy 30th Anniversary.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Darkness on Nov 21, 2020, 05:09:49 PM
It seems to still get a lot of flak but I still really like Predator 2. It's the best Predator sequel in my opinion. It's just the era that it was made. You wouldn't be able to pull it off nowadays.

Happy 30th Anniversary.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Nov 21, 2020, 04:53:11 PM
Thanks Voodoo! Awesome stuff! I'll have to take my time and dig into this stuff tonight.

Great to hear buddy. I really hope you enjoy it all.  :)

Marc505

I'm not sure if it has already been posted (apologies if it has) but some interesting little factoids in this interview.

One of those original cuts turning up would be priceless. Are there any descriptions of the actual cut death scenes out there?

https://www.screamhorrormag.com/interview-stephen-hopkins-looks-back-at-predator-2-30-years-on/

Veteran Warrior

Hot dog, I love this FREAKING MOVIE!!! It's my go to movie for when I have nothing to watch, it's my go to movie for predator action, if it's on TV I watch, I love "debating" with friends as to why I believe this is the most solid sequel of a predator movie in how it adds to the lore, culture, mythos, weaponry. Just damn. I love this movie!!!!

Master

Good damn it Voodoo, You outdid yourself ! The comics is great, very climactic and the script I'll take my time to read. What I'm most happy and most grateful are those storyboards.  Thanks man. You are a living Legend.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Marc505 on Nov 21, 2020, 10:14:42 PM
I'm not sure if it has already been posted (apologies if it has) but some interesting little factoids in this interview.

One of those original cuts turning up would be priceless. Are there any descriptions of the actual cut death scenes out there?

https://www.screamhorrormag.com/interview-stephen-hopkins-looks-back-at-predator-2-30-years-on/

Thanks for posting Marc. We hoped there would be 30th Anniversary interviews out there. Our hope was our #30Daysfor30Years social media celebration might inspire one to happen.

Anything cut would likely be in the shooting script we posted!  :)
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2020/11/21/want-some-candy-alien-vs-predator-galaxy-presents-the-shooting-script-of-predator-2/

Quote from: Master on Nov 22, 2020, 01:41:10 AM
Good damn it Voodoo, You outdid yourself ! The comics is great, very climactic and the script I'll take my time to read. What I'm most happy and most grateful are those storyboards.  Thanks man. You are a living Legend.

Aw man, you're way too kind Master. But I appreciate it! Really, really do. Thanks for the nice words. I just really wanted to make the 30th Anniversary special. Who knew that  it would all be outdone by a wonderful new Predator movie announcement! It couldn't have gone better!

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 22, 2020, 03:56:25 AM
I just really wanted to make the 30th Anniversary special.

You did, you really really did

Whiskeybrewer

Marc505

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 22, 2020, 03:56:25 AM
Quote from: Marc505 on Nov 21, 2020, 10:14:42 PM

Thanks for posting Marc. We hoped there would be 30th Anniversary interviews out there. Our hope was our #30Daysfor30Years social media celebration might inspire one to happen.

Anything cut would likely be in the shooting script we posted!  :)
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2020/11/21/want-some-candy-alien-vs-predator-galaxy-presents-the-shooting-script-of-predator-2/

Quote from: Master on Nov 22, 2020, 01:41:10 AM

Aw man, you're way too kind Master. But I appreciate it! Really, really do. Thanks for the nice words. I just really wanted to make the 30th Anniversary special. Who knew that  it would all be outdone by a wonderful new Predator movie announcement! It couldn't have gone better!

Splendid! That's on my list to read when I've finished listening to the podcast. A slow news day at work tomorrow will definitely help me get through all these Predator 2 treats, you've done some great work here!

Corporal Hicks

I just wanted to thank Voodoo for his work curating the countdown posts, and for providing the shooting script and the comic. Absolutely fantastic work! Thank you. Now to go listen to that interview and see if the guy can hook me up with Hopkins!!  :laugh:

I still love Predator 2. I always have, I always will. While there's some elements of it I just don't like (the costuming, so much tan/brown in the colour palette of the film and the cheese/camp), there's so much in it I do love. The cast itself is just fantastic - Danny Glover, especially - and the Predator scenes are all amazing. Kevin Peter Hall and Stan Winston's team really made it come alive.

Voodoo Magic

Thanks brother! Much appreciated!!

Billiken

Billiken

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 23, 2020, 10:20:49 PM
Thanks brother! Much appreciated!!

Well done guys especially voodoo. Thanks for all your hard work and support of Predator 2, a film for me which is like oxygen. I need it to survive. I used to rent Predator 2 from my local video store once a week.its  a timeless film. It will always be my favourite film. Love the creature, action, Los Angeles, music, cinematography. I Love people who love this movie

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Billiken on Nov 25, 2020, 09:58:38 AMThanks for all your hard work and support of Predator 2, a film for me which is like oxygen. I need it to survive. I used to rent Predator 2 from my local video store once a week.its  a timeless film.

I hope you brought it eventually!  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed