Alien Timeline Updated

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 03:20:12 PM

Author
Alien Timeline Updated (Read 69,466 times)

SiL

SiL

Man I'd be down for helping you make these if I had time enough to even wipe my own backside at the moment.

...I will in mid-September when I finish the short I'm working on, though.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Jul 27, 2018, 02:44:55 AM
Man I'd be down for helping you make these if I had time enough to even wipe my own backside at the moment.

Good Heavens! Do mankind a solid, and make time for wiping.  :D

Seriously, it's summertime, and the waterslides are alot less fun when people forget that sort of thing.  ;)

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Jul 27, 2018, 02:44:55 AM

...I will in mid-September when I finish the short I'm working on, though.

I almost got onto you last weekend doing Spot the Prisoner as it's a higher quality than the other ones and I didn't have a clue how to get a decent resolution video out of Premiere that wasn't 80gb for 10 minutes.  Finally worked it out at around 4gb.

The ones I've done so far are very, very basic and three more are effectively 'in the can' (just need the beeps added).

Toying with doing AvP ones.  Maybe.

Another short series I've recorded the audio for, but I have to double check the quality and performance as it was recorded ages ago.  I was going to use video clips from the films to accompany it, but having an awful time getting usable video in Premiere.  I've ripped the DVDs but can't manage to convert them to a workable format that's the right size.  Still mucking about with it and might have to resort to using stills instead.

Also wrote a stack of critiques of the old comics years ago that would work as 5-10 minute videos - but not real keen to bite that hand at this juncture.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

These videos are all canon, of course.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jul 27, 2018, 03:05:48 AM
Another short series I've recorded the audio for, but I have to double check the quality and performance as it was recorded ages ago.  I was going to use video clips from the films to accompany it, but having an awful time getting usable video in Premiere.  I've ripped the DVDs but can't manage to convert them to a workable format that's the right size.  Still mucking about with it and might have to resort to using stills instead.

I've been using Handbrake and it's pretty good so far.

SM

SM

Yeah I tried Handbrake and can't manage get the resolution right along with a format that's editable in Premiere.  I'll have another crack on the weekend.

SiL

SiL

QuoteI almost got onto you last weekend doing Spot the Prisoner as it's a higher quality than the other ones and I didn't have a clue how to get a decent resolution video out of Premiere that wasn't 80gb for 10 minutes.  Finally worked it out at around 4gb.
Sheesh! H.264 is your friend, that thing should've only been around 800mb for high bitrate and 300mb for medium bitrate.

I had the films in a Premiere-friendly format but removed them for storage space. Let me know how you go with it, otherwise I should be able to repeat the steps I did last time.

Of course, Premiere-friendly format also depends on the computer you're using. Mac or PC?

SM

SM

PC.  Premiere CS3.  I got a version out of Handbrake that would open in Premiere, but it was half the resolution I needed.  And now I'm not sure if Premiere project settings were right.

I'm not in a hurry though as the stuff I'm working on is deliberately low-res.

SiL

SiL

If it was from DVD the resolution would've only been around 720x576, which is hella tiny. It's not even half of 1280*720's resolution.

We need to get some blu ray files going.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You'll want MakeMKV in that case.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Nice work yo.

SM

SM

New vid:

And some ones I pimped on Alien Day last week:

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Jolly good!   8)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

How many subscribers would you need to do this full time?

SM

SM

42 million.

Minus payload.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed