Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,744 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I don't want that.

That's creatively bankrupt.

Magegg

Updating a hero can make it timeless.

I think Ripley's a character as iconic as Batman, Mad Max, James Bond and many others.

I'd love to have a new take of this character and see what it brings to the table.

The Old One

The Old One

She's already timeless.

I'd rather have a new character, another timeless character.

Magegg

I don't. I'd be more thrilled to see what they do with Ripley.

The Old One

The Old One

Graverobbery's a crime y'know.

And we already have our Frankenstein film.

And Frankenstein's monster's the real star.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 07, 2019, 02:19:49 AM
Updating a hero can make it timeless.

The only timeless heroes I remember are James Bond and Dr Who. 

Can you imagine Ripley being played by different actresses / actors through the decades?  :laugh:

I don't think the Alien franchise is made for that anyway  ;D

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 07, 2019, 02:42:12 AM
Graverobbery's a crime y'know.

And we already have our Frankenstein film.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4a/f3/59/4af359da768560f9d7f5252d969c7c06.gif
And Frankenstein's monster's the real star.
https://media.giphy.com/media/aMK1fqTlNxTFe/giphy.gif

^

Magegg

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 07, 2019, 03:02:16 AMCan you imagine Ripley being played by different actresses / actors through the decades?  :laugh:
Just like Batman.

I'm pretty confident we'll have very soon a new version of Ripley, in a rebooted universe. And I'm excited about it.

The Old One

The Old One

I'm pretty confident we'll have very soon a new original Alien protagonist, in a soft-rebooted universe. And I'm excited about it.

426Buddy

Im ready for a new main character that isnt a riff on Ripley.

Local Trouble

Frosty Venom

If you're not going to use Sigourney Weaver to play Ellen Ripley one more time then don't use the character at all I'd say. I'd love to see her reprise her role one more time but it's also time for the torch to be passed on. Perhaps Amanda or Newt?

The Old One

The Old One

Sylvia Hoeks or... I'm going to tell them you tried to shoot me first. (:

Ellen Ripley and every relation, gone.

Year 2300: 36 Billion People.
Any one, a survivor.

Adam802

Good, but the rating is the least of the Alien series' problems currently. 

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Feb 07, 2019, 03:45:24 AM
If you're not going to use Sigourney Weaver to play Ellen Ripley one more time then don't use the character at all I'd say. I'd love to see her reprise her role one more time but it's also time for the torch to be passed on.

Such was Weaver's intention with the Blomkamp project. I agree it seems pointless to recast the character, though. Just write a new character.

QuotePerhaps Amanda or Newt?

The latter could happen if the above is resurrected.

Amanda? No. We already know her fate, which means no will-she-die tension in a future story. If she's involved in any adventures, they have to be so limited that they're virtually inconsequential, due to that (admittedly, frustrating) piece of 'Alien Resurrection' dialogue. Humanity simply hadn't had any meaningful known encounters with the creatures since 'Alien 3' occured. Those few who knew about and sought it, had assumed all was lost.

Either go with the Blompkamp/Weaver project or set something after AR took place. That's the only way to get a truly fresh canvas back, again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed