What era of gaming did you start playing games?

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 13, 2012, 12:02:04 AM

Which era did you start at?

First generation (1972–1980); Magnavox Odyssey, Pong and so on
0 (0%)
Second generation (1976–1982); Atari 2600, Apple 2 and so on
4 (7.3%)
Third generation (1983–1992); NES, Master System, Gameboy, Atari 7800 and so on
15 (27.3%)
Fourth generation (1988–1997); SNES, Sega Genesis (Sega Mega Drive), Neo-Geo and so on
20 (36.4%)
Fifth generation (1993–1999); Playstation, Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Color and so on
11 (20%)
Sixth generation (1999-2005); Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox, Gamecube, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP.
5 (9.1%)
Seventh generation (2005-Present); Xbox360, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author
What era of gaming did you start playing games? (Read 4,776 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I'm not sure if this thread has been done or not, but I found nothing when I search for a similar topic. So just plain simple; when did you start playing video games?  I remember started back in 1995 when I was four years old, I remember playing video games on the NES, SNES and the Sega Genesis that my relatives own. I also played games on my parents Mac that they own around at the time. I pretty much started playing games during the end of the fourth generation (1988–1997) and I got my own Sega Genesis around 1997.

ShadowPred

I tried my hand at games back in 1993 playing Duck Hunt and The Legend of Zelda. That was more of a test run for when I ended up getting my SNES the year after.

chupacabras acheronsis

Fourth. I grew up with MS DOS games and the Megadrive(screw that genesis crap).

Deathbearer

Fourth. I had a Genesis and a Game Gear to start with.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I remember playing arcades some too before we had a console. The days of playing Primal Rage was awesome and I end up getting a Genesis version back in 1997.

First Blood

Fourth Generation

I used to sneak into my brother's room and play Mortal Kombat II on his Sega Genesis. Oh what a confusing and blood soaked time that was.

Nightmare Asylum

Fifth with a Playstation when I was really young.

Then I stopped playing games, and got an XBox 360 in 2007.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Started in 97 with SMB 3, first console I owned was an N64 with Ocarina of Time which was the 2nd game I ever played. However I really started getting into gaming during the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era.

Edit: Aw f**k, just realized I clicked on 6th generation instead of 5th which is when I started...oh well. :P

Nightlord

Fourth gen, I remember playing sonic games so much on my sega megadrive.

aliens13

Fourth gen, I had a Sega genesis

ScardyFox

Third gen, I still remember commercials like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoXb7PIJYmA#

WinterActual

I started playing in 1994 with NES and DooM (on DOS) at the same time and in 1995 my father bought me a Genesis. In the same year I got my Atari 2600 too (which is still working flawlessly).

scarhunter92

Fifth. The first console I touched was a Sega Saturn but my first own console was a Playstation with Dino Crisis and Spyro. Of course, later I got more games for it. Shit was so cash.

Valaquen

Had a NES in late 1989, just short of my 2nd birthday (repeatedly played the first two levels of Mario - wasn't any more competent than that. Also owned Donkey Kong). Then I got a Sega Megadrive on release, and have owned Sony consoles since then.

MrLee

I had a go on the early Segas when i was very young, also an Omega. But i class my own proper gaming era as when the Playstation came out cause thats the first console i owned myself n got games for.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed