Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 68,609 times)

Deadmeat

Quote from: DorkiDori on Apr 28, 2017, 07:38:09 AM
i still like the idea someone proposed that the engineers technology hurt or killed Shaw and David is retaliating because they actually became friends.

Yes!!! Wonderful headcanon, if it turns out to be true I'd love to see how it might tie to the original Alien.

palerider

Guys, did you all notice something ?

The scene where Shaw is looking out of the window of the space ship ?

As the camera pans towards Shaw, the thingy in between resembles/looks like a Xenomorph !!

Is Ridley insinuating something !!

Deadmeat

Quote from: palerider on Apr 28, 2017, 09:06:27 AM
Guys, did you all notice something ?

The scene where Shaw is looking out of the window of the space ship ?

As the camera pans towards Shaw, the thingy in between resembles/looks like a Xenomorph !!

Is Ridley insinuating something !!

Come again? You gotta be a little more specific, 'cause "thingy" doesn't really mean anything. :laugh:

Vaalbara

I wonder what David learned to unleash such suffering on the Engineers. Certainly he would have considered that over 2000 years they may have changed, perhaps improved from what they once were, or whatever it was he disapproved of, if he disapproved or even cares. It could all just be another experiment to see what will happen on a global scale.

Necronomicon II

He may think that what they stumbled on can surpass them, and he wants it all for himself, who knows, maybe the elders/apostle engineers wanted these engineers wiped out.

rabidranger

The question I have is whether the prologue is misleading. It indicated that Shaw would be awoken by David when they got to the Engineer home world in order for them to meet their creators. Is it possible that had already happened by the time we see the bombing scene? In other words, is that actually the Engineer home world?

cliffhanger

No. it all happens when david arrives. the question that matters though, is that david mentioned there is 'no way to know' how long it takes for them to reach their home world.

but that doesnt 100% surely means that david set out a course to their homeworld. he might have decided to go and visit the 'closest' seeded planet he stumbled upon on his map investigations - in other words, it may perhaps not be their homeworld at all, and david intends to go there after this visit.
it doesnt sound logical at all and surely is too complicated for the movie, so it's not gonna be like that. just putting possibilities out there.

i think that IF david REALLY is the one responsible for bombing those guys,
then the reason to has been revealed in the prologue; they're not better than us; they're potentially even worse.

david mentioned to shaw about better or worse when she went into hypersleep. so he could very well has discovered they're not friendly at all, perhaps even worse than humans. for example, though i think some are identifyable as females, there is the strong sense that there are no female engineers.
so where are they? are they second-grade citizens ala islamic state style? have they actually done away with women at all? are they savages despite millenia of moral growth possibility yet decidedly not acting up?

David atleast 'learned of their ways' which could include that their ways are seeding a planet with life, letting it evolve, and when life doesn't find it's way it's supposed to go, or if a planet becomes evil/repeats the same mistakes of their ancestors, then they decide they must be terminated ,thus the vases and the docking device to exterminate life, and david simply is contunuing their work, which should have been done 2000 years before.

You could thus argue that the citizens on the planet have been left 'behind' for 2000 years.

x-M-x

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 28, 2017, 10:12:50 AM
You could thus argue that the citizens on the planet have been left 'behind' for 2000 years.

But still have working technology that supports a 2000 year old ships arrival... via docking procedures ?  :-\

These *engineers* seem devolved but still have older tech circa 2000 years old perhaps? 

OlePainless

OlePainless

I'm just curious to know.... is the notion that the black goo creates a destroyer, like the creature depicted in the mural in Prometheus, if used by something that is selfish, self centered or evil, and it creates life if used by something that believes in sacrifice, like the Engineers do, and like how HUMANS ONCE DID (Mayans, etc)....is this not canon or even considered anymore?

I keep hearing about the idea that David created the Aliens...how so?  I thought it was the black goo all along...the reason the Gods wanted us destroyed is because we no longer believed in self sacrifice for the creation of everything good, whether it's rain for crops or the end of a plague....with the creation of life being at the top.  I thought sacrifice is a big deal to them, and that's why it was also a part of our belief system thousands of years ago...but we got hip to it...but that makes nasty monsters, so we had to get wiped out....we were no longer a species that could be counted on to create more life...we only created monsters because of what we had become.  "The atmosphere in the room has changed"-Shaw...yeah because you guys with your dirty little minds and self preservation at all costs walked in...right?  Why didn't the goo do anything to David?  Because he doesn't have a conscience...there is nothing there for the goo to get an idea as to what to create...life or death.

Somebody is going to point out that Scott said something to the tune of "you might think they (Engineers) created them, you'd be wrong"....but what he's saying there doesn't mean it's David.  Did he modify them?  I guess we'll see... but he didn't "create" them, if that's the case then there is a guy roaming around named Deacon that would like to have a word.  There is also this other thing that was chasing the Engineers and wiping them out two thousand years ago....did we forget about that?  It was around the time we did something to a guy that looked eerily similar to the other mural that was facing the evil one...remember him, the dude who also believed in sacrifice for the greater good?  Wonder where he got that from lol.

One thing I hate is when a new movie comes out and makes the one before it completely irrelevant.  Like Alien 3, it was an entertaining movie, but the reason it sucked was because in the first couple of minutes, the whole reason we cheered for Ripley to make it out alive with Newt was washed away by killing her for no damn reason.  It made Aliens into a waste of time...what was all that trouble for?  If David is the creator and everything, then Prometheus will become the second pointless movie in the franchise.  Did he really shift completely away from the whole point he was trying to make with the black goo in Prometheus?  Seems like it from what I'm reading here....as a matter of fact it seems like the whole discussion on what this movie is about is completely ignoring what Prometheus was all about....and it doesn't fit.

Deadmeat

Consider this, guys - David might not be acting out of free will.

The Juggernaut is, essentially, a military ship, and I'm certain the Engineer "software" powering their computers could have an advanced enough defense system. What if David, while tampering with the Engineer computers while Shaw was asleep, triggered some sort of defense mechanism that lead to both David's software being corrupt, or possibly infected into taking control over him, and, possibly, infecting Shaw with the pathogen in her stasis chamber, thus morphing her into the abomination we've seen in the concept art?

Just an idea.

Bonus Situation

Just thinking this through (or at least trying to)...

David and Shaw take off in the alien ship, Shaw goes into hyper sleep and they arrive at the planet. David's appearance hasn't changed...

The events of Covenant take place 10 years after the events of Prometheus (if I remember right?). Crew finds David with long hair as per Empire photo...

Something about the timeline doesn't seem right. Either they got to paradise really quick (so why did Shaw need hyper sleep) or David had a hair cut on the alien ship or I'm talking s**t. Could be any.

Either way, can some explain the timeline for my simple brain? Not hating by the way, just curious.

x-M-x

Quote from: Bonus Situation on Apr 28, 2017, 11:14:25 AM
Just thinking this through (or at least trying to)...

David and Shaw take off in the alien ship, Shaw goes into hyper sleep and they arrive at the planet. David's appearance hasn't changed...

The events of Covenant take place 10 years after the events of Prometheus (if I remember right?). Crew finds David with long hair as per Empire photo...

Something about the timeline doesn't seem right. Either they got to paradise really quick (so why did Shaw need hyper sleep) or David had a hair cut on the alien ship or I'm talking s**t. Could be any.

Either way, can some explain the timeline for my simple brain? Not hating by the way, just curious.

Perhaps David really didn't know how *long* it would take to get there? so he put Shaw in hyper sleep (lack of food maybe?)

Or he knew it would take a few hours but lied to Shaw?

Since the arrival ? David has been on there for 10 years (hence long hair)

Predaker

Shaw asks how long and David replies that it's impossible to say, then he gets her into that engineer hypersleep bed. The shot from her perspective that showed David through the "glass" of the door closing seemed ominous.

rabidranger

rabidranger

Quote from: AbazZova on Apr 28, 2017, 09:37:46 AM
I wonder what David learned to unleash such suffering on the Engineers. Certainly he would have considered that over 2000 years they may have changed, perhaps improved from what they once were, or whatever it was he disapproved of, if he disapproved or even cares. It could all just be another experiment to see what will happen on a global scale.

I think a clue might be David's comment to Shaw "as long as they aren't worse" in response to her question "what if they aren't better than us"?

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 28, 2017, 12:22:50 PM
Shaw asks how long and David replies that it's impossible to say, then he gets her into that engineer hypersleep bed. The shot from her perspective that showed David through the "glass" of the door closing seemed ominous.

Yeah, I don't buy that. David's likely keeping information from Shaw. I believe there is "affection" there but David has an agenda.

Pauli

Just watched the preview of the crew landing and the backburster scene.All I will say is that there's a fine line between horror and comedy,well for me atleast.
When Faris got her foot trapped between the door I couldn't help but find it all rather amusing,especially as the little Neomorph fella looks horrifically cute in the process.I'm pretty certain this wasn't R.Scott's intention ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed