Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 315,118 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah it definitely wasn't in earnest. And I don't see a crusty old guy like Simmons licensing it out to a fricking Predator movie. :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

How about the monsters of the Cthulhu Mythos ??? Are H.P. Lovecraft's writings in the public domain?

SiL

SiL

Yes indeed they are.

Immortan Jonesy

Then in that case, I hope that after Prey, they make a movie where the Predator starts a hunting season on Earth, when mankind was fighting eldritch monstrosities in the middle ages.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 13, 2022, 11:01:14 PM
it's essentially alien vs. predator, just without 'The Alien'.

Immortan Jonesy

Ah, Touché.

SuperiorIronman

Should Prey do well I'd be all for exploring different eras with Predator. Like off the top of my head, Thor actually is a Predator or maybe the stories about them are exaggerations of survivors. Like perhaps Thor is using Predator equipment and realms are the various preserves he's taken to. I could easily see Odin turning out to be some Elder outfitting his favorite gladiator.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 14, 2022, 10:50:13 PM
Then in that case, I hope that after Prey, they make a movie where the Predator starts a hunting season on Earth, when mankind was fighting eldritch monstrosities in the middle ages.

Well if this sword from Hunting Grounds is any indicator of where this Predator went hunting, it could have fought Elderitch monstrosities before during the Hyborian Age  :D

No lie, the sword got me into reading Conan comics and I was just left wondering how did I miss this fine world. Its a perfect place of a Predator crossover

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 15, 2022, 05:14:10 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 14, 2022, 10:50:13 PM

Well if this sword from Hunting Grounds is any indicator of where this Predator went hunting, it could have fought Elderitch monstrosities before during the Hyborian Age  :D

No lie, the sword got me into reading Conan comics and I was just left wondering how did I miss this fine world. Its a perfect place of a Predator crossover

The black & white, magazine sized, Savage Sword of Conan was really something special back in the day.

Immortan Jonesy

;D

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 14, 2022, 11:38:09 PM
Should Prey do well I'd be all for exploring different eras with Predator. Like off the top of my head, Thor actually is a Predator or maybe the stories about them are exaggerations of survivors. Like perhaps Thor is using Predator equipment and realms are the various preserves he's taken to. I could easily see Odin turning out to be some Elder outfitting his favorite gladiator.

Aye I can definitely imagine the Predator's passage on Earth inspiring ancient mythologies involving humans, gods, and monsters. It's very ancient aliens, I know, but as some often say everything is in the execution... and in the success of Prey as well.  :laugh:

Not far behind is heroic literature reimagined as an anachronistic sci-fi tale, where a monster hunter might have been a Predator, immortalized as a legendary hero through Legend, such as Beowulf for example.

I'm also curious about something set in the future as well, kinda like..

pmaz11

pmaz11

Just randomly saw this on Facebook from the page CineMarvellous:

Is this an official poster or just fan made?

Kradan

Kradan

I would guess fan-made

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

pmaz11

pmaz11

^Thanks for sharing that post Corporal Hicks! Appreciate the help to confirm.

I was trying to remember if that fan poster already popped up online awhile back?...Just maybe looked new to me when I saw it today.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: pmaz11 on Feb 16, 2022, 05:04:07 PM
^Thanks for sharing that post Corporal Hicks! Appreciate the help to confirm.

I was trying to remember if that fan poster already popped up online awhile back?...Just maybe looked new to me when I saw it today.

I'm pretty sure it was first posted on here actually by whoever created it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed