Amanda impregnated?

Started by DerelictShip, Oct 11, 2017, 03:08:01 AM

Author
Amanda impregnated? (Read 8,456 times)

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

So, just finished the game....little late to the party.

But I found it interesting how when you try to escape and the alien grabs you, you end up being cacooned for a short time. There's open eggs all around and Amanda is unconscious for an undisclosed time.

I understand the process usually takes longer but after seeing how quickly the covenant impregnation was I began to think....

Does Amanda have a baby xeno in her?

PsyKore

PsyKore

She can't be because she dies of old age in ALIENS.

Scorpio

Scorpio

I thought this, because later two aliens randomly show up in front of you.  Shotgun them, flamethrower them, etc and they just ignore you.  Either this is a bug or it's scripted that way for some reason.

windebieste

windebieste

It's a scripted sequence.  It's the developers taking an opportunity to remind you that you will be tackling more than one of these assholes from this point onwards.  Time constraints, budgetary reasons, technical issues - you name it - there could be any reason why they chose to do so this way.

Personally, they could have gotten away with a scripted sequence by showing you 2 Aliens in a cut scene or have them both be on the other side of a pane of reinforced glass and you could watch them trash a room of survivors...

It's one of the weak points in the game - having the 2 Aliens drop in on you while navigating the wrecked tunnel and have them not react to your interactions didn't sell the experience very well to the player.  One of the few weak points, that is, that break the game a little.  There were better ways to achieve the same thing but this was the chosen method. 

Not the best but, hey, that's game development for you.

-Windebieste.

Xenomania

Xenomania

Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 11, 2017, 03:51:55 AM
Or so the company says... ;)

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 11, 2017, 05:31:57 AM
It's a scripted sequence.  It's the developers taking an opportunity to remind you that you will be tackling more than one of these assholes from this point onwards.
You already had two aliens after you before Amanda is captured, though. And the aliens can kill you. That plus all the facehuggers going after you in that part should disprove the theory that Amanda was infected.

But I agree, the last part with the flying tram cars is all a bit on the cheap scare side. Maybe it's all a dream she's seeing while cocooned? :P

windebieste

windebieste

Dream?  lol.  Why the Hell not, hey?   :laugh:

After all, some 'ALIENS' fans still think that the third movie is a dream.

All I've got to say to them is "Dream on, Kiddies.  Dream on..."   :P

-Windebieste

Scorpio

Scorpio

It's a scripted sequence.  It's the developers taking an opportunity to remind you that you will be tackling more than one of these assholes from this point onwards. 

That's the last time you encounter aliens, though.  Unless you want to count the last bit on the Torrens.

windebieste

windebieste

Is it that late in the game?  It's been a long time since I played it through.

-Windebieste.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

"Or so the company says..."

I never considered that. After all it is Burke that is telling Ripley about her daughter's death.

Here's my theory. Amanda is cacooned, impregnated, and then when she blasts herself out of the airlock, the ship that is about to pick her up (at very end of game when it can be seen in her helmet reflector) is a  Wey Yu ship that was headed, for the now destroyed, Sevastpool.

They do what they must with Amanda but she probably does some Alien 3 stuff where she sacrifices herself in order for the company to not get the xeno....

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I had the same thought immediately after that sequence. But I can't remember if I run into more Aliens after that or not. If you can still be killed after that through normal encounters, I would guess not.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 11, 2017, 10:14:22 AM

That's the last time you encounter aliens, though.  Unless you want to count the last bit on the Torrens.

Winde is still right; it's done to remind the player that they're not safe. It's also for theatrics leading up to the final sequence.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 11, 2017, 02:40:51 PM
I had the same thought immediately after that sequence. But I can't remember if I run into more Aliens after that or not. If you can still be killed after that through normal encounters, I would guess not.

Facehuggers will still attack you.

Also, from memory, all the eggs in the area are open and empty except for one which is meant for Amanda. There's also no FHer corpse lying close to her.

Quote from: Xenomania on Oct 11, 2017, 07:46:04 AM
Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 11, 2017, 03:51:55 AM
Or so the company says... ;)

Yeah, that's too convenient for my liking. They show Ripley (Ellen) a picture of Amanda and she recognizes her. Burke is an opportunist scumbag but I don't believe he's lying about her daughter.

SM

SM

What does he gain by lying?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It amazing how many long cons Burke apparently had.

Xenomania

Xenomania

Well, Burke doesn't have to know squat about what "really" happened to Amanda. And I don't think he did.

The possibility of her being impregnated, while a convenient way to have aliens again for a sequel, is a bit too convenient for my tastes. Unless we go for AVP-levels of "instapregnation", by the time she would have been impreganted and managed to wake up I think Sevastopol would have already been incinerated in the gas giant.

But if Amanda didn't die on Sevastopol and the part on the Torrens wasn't a dream either, I think the chances of that light shining on her at the very end could very well have been a WY ship (like in Alien 3). In that case, I don't think they'll let her just walk away like that. In fact, I could see them interrogating her to find out everything they can.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 12, 2017, 12:48:30 AM
It amazing how many long cons Burke apparently had.

Cigarette Man from X-Files was his great-great-great-great-great granddad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed