The Alien King/Male Counterpart to the Xenomorph; Suggestions and Ideas

Started by Kenner_Alien_Kaste, Jul 17, 2019, 03:27:23 AM

Author
The Alien King/Male Counterpart to the Xenomorph; Suggestions and Ideas (Read 47,582 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, but that last part acknowledges in my opinion, that the well-known rendition of the story never happened though.

Local Trouble

That was all stated in the RPG?  :o

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 21, 2020, 01:31:30 AM
That was all stated in the RPG?  :o

I guess so-Which I like that they stick to the (admittedly varying canon) of the places and continuities of all the MASSIVE Alien and Predator Franchise's material, so there's that. I think it helps people pick and choose how they want their storyline to go, considering how wonky canon can be anyways so everyone's happy.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

I want to just apologize if I had made this drag on for so long/made a stink about it. Sometimes I can't feel which is the right interpretation of the Alien; Hive Mind or Eldritch Horror, and I've been trying to find some way to have my cake and eat it too, and perhaps in a rather immature manner no less. I guess all things considered, the title in of itself doesn't sound very inviting or open to discussion, and is pretty heavy handed. I guess for me, I like the variety or 'dichotomy' in terms of attributes on the monsters (namely the royal pair)

And I am in no way suggesting that the Queen is inferior, or meant to be inferior, to any 'counterpart'; On the contrary, the Queen (and all levels above such as Empress, Queen Mother, Matriarch, etc) is meant to be top of the heap, in virtually all aspects of importance and status. I just like the split in physiology and the manifestation of both sides of the proverbial coin, and I'm trying to find a way to have my cake and eat it too I guess.

So yeah, sorry-both for bringing this up again and for this entire debacle-but it's both a subject I enjoy discussing and I figured I ought to restate some of my opinions.

FenGiddel

Talking out of one's ass might be defined as "eldritch horror" by some, but I hear you.  ;)  I think a mix of both might be interesting: just enough of "hive mind" to give us some firm ground to stand on before the motivations and purposes that are beyond our comprehension. Please, God, don't let them be extra-terrestrial ants or bees... or even something we can truly communicate with.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: FenGiddel on Jan 25, 2020, 04:59:17 PM
Talking out of one's ass might be defined as "eldritch horror" by some, but I hear you.  ;)  I think a mix of both might be interesting: just enough of "hive mind" to give us some firm ground to stand on before the motivations and purposes that are beyond our comprehension. Please, God, don't let them be extra-terrestrial ants or bees... or even something we can truly communicate with.

Thank you-and I apologize again if I had seemed, well, stupid in any of this. I know how head-canony it all sounds, especially WITH the release of the RPG books and everything else that more or less defines the alien now. But hey, I'll keep trying to define my theories and ideas scientifically if I can, and work from there.

So, I guess one idea for a King or counterpart to her majesty that would still follow the insect parallel would be for parasitic wasps; Quite a few species of parasitoids have males who help with guarding and patrolling duties, protecting the larvae and the nest ground from other parasites and predators while the female goes out hunting and lays eggs. Some even go so far as to aid in hunting down prey for their brood, and using their mandibles to incapacitate their catch.

Following the Eusocial Insects, Termite Kings fly with their Queens and help to build the nest and raise the first generation of workers before staying around the Queen for the rest of his (and her) lives.

A King Alien would likely evolve from a Warrior or other Alien born alongside the Queen (much like the Dragon had been) maturing and developing into a larger, stronger guardian that can protect the entire Hive and all the eggs. In places with ample resources and space, the eldest guardian could develop and grow, albeit in a way that doesn't threaten the Queen's lineage and livelihood (and of course not being less important). They serve as the Hive's biggest protector, staying dormant until needed, and remain a protector that doesn't have the threat of becoming another Queen (much like how some Praetorians can become Queens, leading to situations like the Red Aliens vs the Black Aliens)

The Old One

The Old One

Sounds like the Praetorian Guard/Charger role, protecting the Queen, but I always thought them hermaphroditic regardless.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 26, 2020, 09:38:16 PM
Sounds like the Praetorian Guard/Charger role, protecting the Queen, but I always thought them hermaphroditic regardless.

That's fair; The King isn't inherently 'male' more than it doesn't lay eggs, or can't/won't. Like a Ravager's already is what it is, or a Carrier so on and so forth.

The Old One

The Old One

Oh yeah, definitely.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 28, 2020, 01:45:40 PM
Oh yeah, definitely.

(Sorry for deleting my previous post-wasn't sure if it mattered at all)

But, yeah, I also don't think all concepts of the King or a similar counterpart are made equal; The White Hybrid was honestly pretty much terrible, although hilariously bad because of it. The hypothetical King from the proposed AVP3 basically encompasses all the wrong parts of the concept as well-the Kenner toy is a bit too silly to really take seriously. The Rogue, while a little wonky looking due to the art style, was still a solid proposal and concept and had times when it looked fantastic, with the Maquette/Prodos Games being incredibly detailed and well made (albeit I think the Maquette's size is more reasonable than the scaling of the Prodos Game's model)

And Vincent Ward's concept for his Alien is still also pretty good I think.

The Old One

The Old One

I think Rogue perfected it, in the reason it existed, and the reason it ceased to exist.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 29, 2020, 12:42:06 PM
I think Rogue perfected it, in the reason it existed, and the reason it ceased to exist.

Fair enough; And I think with all the material surrounding the Praetorians, they serve as a fine replacement or 'natural' counterpart methinks. The Maquette is still a gorgeous design, and I'll happily die on the hill it is a beautiful compliment to the Queen.

The Old One

The Old One

That's agreeable.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 30, 2020, 08:50:48 PM
That's agreeable.

Thank you-Who knows, maybe there'll be an implementation of something in the future. Unlikely but not impossible methinks

The Old One

The Old One

I think because of the renewed focus on the films, it's nigh impossible, if not entirely so. "Patience is everything." Though as David says.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed