Q&A with Rebellion

Started by ikarop, Jun 28, 2009, 11:57:12 AM

Author
Q&A with Rebellion (Read 47,293 times)

dude63

dude63

1.When was the development of AVP (3) officially started?
2.What is the budget of the game?
3.Are we going to be able to look down the sights of our pulse rifles? Will there be a crosshair..?
4.What improvements were made/are being made to the Asura engine for the development of this title?
5. Any chance we can get a hint at a mode for multiplayer?

This question is unrelated to AVP but they won't return my emails.

Is there a sequel planned for Rogue Trooper or Sniper Elite. Also when will we see more of Rogue Warrior?

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Spaghetti on Jun 28, 2009, 03:31:30 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Jun 28, 2009, 03:16:17 PM
Did you have any contact with the Strauses about this game? Why are there similarities between AvP3 and AvP Requiem? Like the Ship design and the Predalien spine-ripping that person.

This.

Just how far is rebellion planning to take their influences from bad movies? Didn't they say that they did not like the AVP movies and were going to stay away from them? Or were those false promises or something made up by fans? So why pyramids? why predators weapons only seen from AVPR? Why not just stick with stuff from the original franchises or make up your own?

The pyramid thing was in the very first script of "Alien" 1979. The Pred did the spine-ripping to bill paxton in Predator 2.

I dont know about the pred ship desing...but doesnt llook very different from others i have seen.

Darkness

Darkness

The average fan wouldn't know about the pyramid idea in Alien. And I was referring to the Predalien ripping a spine, not a Predator.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Will the Predalien spine ripping be in the final version of the game?

Will most of the scares be scripted or unscripted?

Will the disc from Predator 2 (And both previous AVP games) be in the game?

Will there be any form of ranking system in the online components of the game?

Is a modding toolset planned to be added for the PC version of the game?

Will all the alien variants from your previous AVP game be in AVP 3? Will there be any new aliens added?

frostedone

frostedone

1. Will the Aliens retain their Pounce attack from AVP2? That gave them much needed help in getting in close to their opponents who could easily blast them from a distance.

2. AVP 99 had a great online ranking system on Mplayer. Will this game have it too? It was a very fun system and was dearly missed in AVP2.

3. Will there be any new weapons besides the ones that we have already seen in the previous AVP games?

4. Will there be some kind of Capture the Flag mode?

5. Will there be vehicles? Like the APC, Power Loader, etc?

Thanks!

ikarop

ikarop

I'm enjoying this lol Hard work to come.

Keep questions comming.

alpha defekt

alpha defekt

To be blunt, I wasn't a huge fan of AVP2 multiplayer. Which I know you guys weren't the ones who made that game. However, I'm a huge fan of the AVP1 multiplayer. Which leads to question one

1) Will multiplayer be more like AVP or AVP2? I felt AVP had a little more balance compared to AVP2.

2) Will the Alien still have it's speed quality in multiplayer? I wouldn't mind at least a little boost in speed, however....sneaking in shadows for stealth kills would be most awesome. Along with that is the Alien still going to have the awesome crouch jump? Or the stupid pounce from AVP2?

3) Customizing your character? Not too many games have this feature sadly... aside from RainbowSix Vegas (which had a great one) and Halo 3 slightly had one...  I'm looking more along the lines of RSV. Having a Predator biohelmet option, plus the ability to put markings such as paint, blood, battle scars, symbols, trinkets and the such would be incredible. Same for the Marines. They are known to have decals on their armor in the films, why not in the game?

4) Your 1999 AVP had co-op skirmish levels. (ie Horde, Survival mode) Any plans on a return to that? I'd love to have a team of Marines to play with online against an onslaught of Aliens!

5) Aliens tail whip. Does it do crazy damage like in AVP or did you take note from AVP2 with it stunning people? I wasn't fond of the AVP2 one.

6) Clan support? What would a Predator team be without a "Clan"  Aliens without a "Hive" or Marines without a "Squad"

7) Will other Alien creatures be playable in multiplayer? I didn't feel the need for a Predalien or "Runner" in AVP2. It took the little balance away the game already had with the 1999 version. However, if fans want it.... give'em what they want.

8 ) Taunting. Some may think this is stupid, but I loved taunting in AVP. However, those were the days without mics. lol So a quick taunt went a long ways.

xxxPREDBUGxxx

xxxPREDBUGxxx

1.Will the aliens be killed so easily as they were on Monolith's AVP2?

Lie

Lie

when the predator counters the alien head bite can the alien then use its tail like in aliens vs predator requiem when the predalien stabbed the predator through its back with its tail after having its second mouth ripped out

Darkness

Darkness

I wouldn't mind knowing what Rebellion thought of AvP2 and what Monolith did with it. I wonder why Rebellion weren't hired for AvP2 in the first place.

Aimless

Aimless

Quote from: DragonBossk on Jun 28, 2009, 01:01:33 PM
This is mine:

Are you considering reviving the popular survivor multiplayer mode implemented in Monolith's AVP2, and/or bringing any new unique modes?
would be interesting if evac might be brought back as well  :-[

2. Will equipment selection, perhaps in a 'Call of Duty 4' style class system, be available for any of the races; will we simply see a basic class system like that in AVP2, or will weapons spawn at set locations on the map?

3. What differences will we see between the Xbox/PS3 version and the PC version; is there any possibility of a 'map editor' shipping with the console versions to complement the PC's expected modding potential?

Master

Master

Actualy sounds of both alien and predator are not from original films but from AvP films so Inferno stop answering questions you are not entirely shure.

Dzuksi

Dzuksi

1) When can we expect some in-game screenshots or gameplay videos from Marine and Alien perspective?

2) So far all weapons are from AVP:R movie. Care to elaborate that?

3) We've seen from playing as Predator that in the jungle are some spawning holes for aliens from which they are coming. Are they going to be in every level? Don't you thik that this kills atmosphere?

4) Levels seems to be very linear, more like tunnel-linear, what are you planning to do with this problem?

5) Is Predators HUD seen in gameplay finalized? Is it customizable?

6) Why is shoulder cannon locking on enemies in regular vision?

7) Will there by playable alien life cycle in campaign?

8) Being that only three races are fighting, what are you trying to with the variation of enemies problem? Will you have some neutral enemies, or just aliens,predators and marines, and how will that incorporate in repetitiveness of the game?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

1. Will the Alien headbite animation be like AvP2's in which the head would (rediculously) explode, or will it be like in the Alien film where as it would quickly go in the head, and then quickly out?

2. I something I loved about the first Alien film was not knowing where the Alien would strike from, or where it is- online in games, I like to be stealth and scare people. I really want to be alble to play it like I am the Alien (stalker version) from the first film, and jump out from being motionless, take my opponent out, and then quickly be gone as fast as it happened, scaring the hell out of the other marines.

3. Will the motion tracker sound be faithful to the Aliens film? Because for me, that is my favourite device used for suspense ever; pure genius.

P.S.- If chosen, you should re-write #2 to fit a wider audience

Master

Master

7. Jungle seems to be preaty populated with wild life are you going to introduce alien incarnations from local wild life or just those already established in previous games and films? 8. Are there enemies not related with alien/predator/human?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed