Season 1 DLC

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 08, 2021, 10:54:28 AM

Author
Season 1 DLC (Read 5,489 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Gamespot has a nice chunky preview up for some of the Season 1 DLC content. So we're getting the new class and some new weaponry.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/exclusive-aliens-fireteam-elites-new-phalanx-class-lets-you-survive-staring-xenomorphs-in-the-face/1100-6495976/

QuoteMatz also noted that four new guns are coming to the game with the first content season: a laser pistol modeled after weapons seen in the original Alien, and a new assault rifle, minigun, and sniper rifle. The laser pistol in particular adds a new wrinkle to the game: It has unlimited ammo. That's a big deal, as ammo consumption and conservation is a major part of the calculus of staying alive in Aliens: Fireteam Elite. The drawback for the laser pistol is that it comes with one less attachment slot, making it slightly less customizable than other weapons, and that it overheats if fired too much, forcing you to adjust your playstyle.

Super excited about the Alien laser pistol.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Have always wanted to see one of those kinds of laser pistols fired in the Alien universe! First content of season 1 looking great!

Dingbat

Dingbat

I really can't remember seeing any Laser pistols in the first movie, what scene was it in?

426Buddy

426Buddy

They carry them when they go to the Derelect

Kailem

Kailem

Kane holds one briefly when he's down in the cargo hold in the special edition cut, but that's it. I'd imagine it was deleted so the audience wouldn't constantly be wondering why they weren't using it/them against the Alien.

It looks like the version here is a more "modern", pimped-out version than the more utilitarian ones we've seen before. I like it! And a minigun too?! They're just inching one step closer to the "Predators when?" requests all the time aren't they? :laugh:

StanSwitek

StanSwitek

So from Hicks' article on the front page, its sounding like you need to pay for the season pass to get the dog catcher armor?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Missed this video from the other day outlining the new class:

Quote from: StanSwitek on Sep 08, 2021, 03:57:13 PM
So from Hicks' article on the front page, its sounding like you need to pay for the season pass to get the dog catcher armor?

That is part of the paid DLC but you don't need to purchase the entire season pass (Deluxe Edition or upgrade) to get it, you can buy the seasons individually for $9.99.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

RedHood

RedHood

I played as the Phalanx class and I have to say she/he is pretty fun. Just make sure your team is behind you to utilize your Vanguard perk. Phalanx leads from the front!  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: StanSwitek on Sep 08, 2021, 03:57:13 PM

Seems more like an inspired armour than something too movie specific. Wish the helmet was the impractical one from the film.  :laugh:

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Love the new blue geode weapon skin! Looks great with the new Nostromo wing decal too ;D  The minigun was pretty fun... seems like it could be pretty powerful when leveled up... though it does take a second to wind up as expected. The Halo spartan (lol) armor is pretty rad if you wanna feel like an ultimate badass, but it's a little to modern sci-fi for what I'm going for personally in-game.

Jurassicvania

Jurassicvania

Is that cowboy hat a nod to Kimberly Scott's Lisa character from The Abyss?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

So do we all have our Phalanx classes looking like Master Chief?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 09, 2021, 12:51:51 PM
My Doc class does haha.

Also I'm not thrilled with the laser pistol. Like the novelty is neat but it just isn't very fun to use. If you spam it it overheats after 3 shots, and if you're slow and deliberate with it there are kind of better options out there. At least it's got infinite ammo I guess.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 09, 2021, 06:09:36 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 09, 2021, 12:51:51 PM
My Doc class does haha.

Also I'm not thrilled with the laser pistol. Like the novelty is neat but it just isn't very fun to use. If you spam it it overheats after 3 shots, and if you're slow and deliberate with it there are kind of better options out there. At least it's got infinite ammo I guess.

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with it either. And why does the overheat cool down animation look like the gun was melting?  :laugh: The damage was decent, but it wasn't fun to use for me. So after one level with it I was like... Quatsch! In da trash vit you!

The Phalanx I wasn't in love with either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed