Predator Hunting Grounds (2020) by Illfonic - PS4 and PC

Started by molasar, May 09, 2019, 10:13:55 PM

Author
Predator Hunting Grounds (2020) by Illfonic - PS4 and PC (Read 46,924 times)

JungleHunter87

I personally enjoyed the Friday the 13th game. Despite the bugs and so forth.

So I'm psyched for this, since its been forever since we got a stand alone PREDATOR game.

I honestly wasn't expecting something like this so soon after THE PREDATOR. Glad it hasn't slowed the EU stuff, so far at least.

Still Collating...

Oh hell yeah, Predator needed another solo game for quite a while. I'm happy to hear this, but a PS exclusive? That's a pass for me then right of the bat, I'm a PC dude, never had and probably never will have a console. This better come out on PC if they want a decent player base.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Still Collating... on May 10, 2019, 06:25:22 PM
Oh hell yeah, Predator needed another solo game for quite a while. I'm happy to hear this, but a PS exclusive? That's a pass for me then right of the bat, I'm a PC dude, never had and probably never will have a console. This better come out on PC if they want a decent player base.

I haven't tried it myself but PS NOW is available on PC.

Playstation Now on PC
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-now/ps-now-on-pc/

You'll have to purchase a USB controller and a PS Now subscription but then you'll be able to play PlayStation Exclusive Games. Since Predator will be an exclusive, I imagine it will be available through there.

Jacku

Love that the soldiers will be fighting other people and doing general missions rather than just waiting for the predator. This sounds like a passion project from the devs. They could put so many predator skins in it as well.

Curious about this being third or first person. Friday was third but I'd prefer a first person view at least for the predator.

Enjoy

I hope it turns out good.
The director of the first predator movie is out of jail and making a sci-fi movie with uma thurman.. I think he should direct a predator movie for disney/fox.

JokersWarPig

I also like the fact the soldiers have to complete other mission objectives besides dealing with the Predator. Predator Hunt from AVP2010 was the weakest MP mode imo.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

This has the potential to be a really, really good Predator game.

Some gorgeous screenshots posted on Predatormovies.com:

Komenja

Gosh, those screenshots are nice. Reminds me a lot of Primal Carnage with how lush and wet it looks.

Xiggz456

Very excited to play this!

SuperiorIronman

Had no idea this was happening so I was taken by surprise. Certainly a better reveal than that Iron man game awhile back, it seems they know what players have been asking for even if it seems its not a solo Predator experience. However there does seem to be a growing shift back to singleplayer games with the lootbox thing so if this sells well enough we could see a singplayer Predator game in the future if we're optimistic. Predator is a franchise that is very much suited for videogames so this might be the best time to transition into it.

With it being a Sony exclusive I'd imagine they'd get a bigger budget. Granted it's supposed to come out next year and we got a trailer out of nowhere and not at a big game event, so this is probably on the lower end of the budget tier but it being a PlayStation exclusive does raise hopes.

If I had to speculate, I'd imagine it works similarly to F13 where you can get different Predators. I'm not sure equipment would or should translate because some Predators have some gnarly gear, but I think it overall works since all of them have the basics. I'd imagine we should expect the movie Predators to show up like Jungle Hunter (who while cloaked I'm pretty sure its that design), City Hunter, the Super Predators, and even Fugitive if it has alternate Predators. I wouldn't hold my breath for AVP not because its a crossover, but primarily because it seems this is a product aimed at the solo franchise.

I also appreciate the approach because its kind of novel. Basically having a Call of Duty match where players are trying to complete objectives on top of the Predator hunting your team down is kind of inspired. It adds to a frantic match where in the middle of it you could get people picked off and not realize it. I kind of dig that.

The Shuriken

Yeah I'm not into this idea. I was hopeful for an adventure game like concrete jungle. Oh well.

Nightlord

Well this was a pleasant surprise.
I never even thought of putting predator in one of these 4v1 type of games, I imagine that balancing will be a nightmare as usual.

Since they're working with Sony directly I wouldn't hold my breath for an Xbone version, PC could happen but it would be on the Epic store like Sonys other games.

molasar

We still do not know all details about exclusivity. Is it timed exclusive or definitely platform exclusive? Who is financing the whole project? Sony maybe covers a marketing and publishing part only that can be taken as working directly. If it is not an AAA game, it may pass as a platform exclusive but if it is then that is a big blow to the other platform holders.
I say, I would wait until the end of E3 2019 and see if more news resurface about it.
Just speculations.
What is next? An Alien MMO shooter becomes Xbox/PC exclusive as an answer to it.

SuperiorIronman

I just decided to check out Youtube to try and gauge the reaction to the trailer and it seems fairly positive. Near as I can tell it's got consumers excited and the like to dislike ratio is fairly positive. It seems the game has gotten a pretty good reaction out of people which is always good.

Same sort of thing on Twitter and basically boils down to the same three complaints;
1. They want it but its on PS4
2. The game is multiplayer
3. Hates that it's made by the F13 developers either being worried it'll die too early for licensing issues or it will release buggy.

The Kurgan

Great news.

After The Predator, I didn't think we would get a stand-alone Predator game anytime soon.

I got a lot of short time fun out of the F13 game and I think the concept could work well for the Predator. If they fix the long term playability issues and smoothen out the sloppy parts that dragged the F13 one down, this could be a really fun game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed