Hospital Scene in AvP2 [Updated]

Started by Darkness, Mar 31, 2007, 10:34:10 PM

Author
Hospital Scene in AvP2 [Updated] (Read 25,212 times)

Elder Predator

Elder Predator

i really aint that sure about avp 2 being in a city doesn't seem right i am not wanting another crappy predator 2 sort of movie. Why can't avp 2 be like the avp games. Or sort of like predator : concrete jungle that would be good does anyone agree or disagree

Predboy

Predboy

Predator 2 wasn't crap, I thought it was really good, probably better than the fisrt one.

Miker25

Miker25

I know how they can cover something like that up. The Predator could self-destruct at the end destroying the town and the Military could say it was a Terrorist Nuclear attack and make any survivors sign a afidavit verifing thats what really happened.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Sorry, Mike...D

Munkeywrench

Oh Yeah I forgot about that, well theyll probably come up some sort of explanation.

Xenomorphine

RIJ:  I pondered that they MIGHT not have had much screen time. There's always the possibliity that you simply were not paying attention. :) Wait to see the actors in the parts they're in before passing judgement. These days, there's very little difference between television and a film, in terms of acting. Especially when the episodes could be an hour or so at a time.  And who says the story either must or will have tons of drama in it? From the comments so far, most people don't even want that. 'Aliens' was basically a survival story, with character development thrown in at relevant times.  I find it very amusing that everyone here is passing judgement on a whole film, just from a piece of news that a character has something to do with a hospital in their background, without even knowing if it's in the character's past or present!

Xenomorphine

Miker had it right. There's going to be yet another explosion. There always is. Bang goes all those 'corpses'.  Not that there's any reason to presume Weyland Industries would have any reason to even have been over there. :)  There is no reason to think anything will survive intact, in any way.

Ermac

Ermac

No matter what your feelings are about the self-destruction ending, it *will* happen. No movie is complete without the obligatory explosion at the end.

Dual King

Dual King

Why are some people on this frigin board already writting this movie off    >:(    The Strause bros seemed to have a real understanding off why the first movie didn't do well ( at least with the critics). The small bits and pieces we've seen so far seem to be going in the right direction (The fact that this is going to be an R movie only adds to that level of thinking that the bros are treating this movie with some respect and seriousness it deserves at least).  THIS IS ONE MOVIE I SO AM DYING TO SEE OF THIS YEAR, and I do believe it will deliver.   ;D  

Xeno-Xtreme

Xeno-Xtreme

You know what i think? i think all this bickering is retarded. Sure, its fun to discuss a movie that has`nt come out yet, ( I mean hey, these ARE message boards) But cmon, get real. The only thing you can REALLY DO. Is WAIT for the movie to come out. Then you can judge and review it. But actually trying to review a movie before there is even a trailer out, well, i think that`s a serious case of boredom. All i do is anticipate, because it can be good, or it can be bad. But you can only be sure AFTER its out.

MoBiUGeArSkIn

Dunno about "Continuity." I mean what's cannon when it comes to these franchises? The first ALIEN was set when? In the future. There's no reason to write off an incident involving the creatures on Earth at an earlier... WAY earlier date.  Pft!  I liked AvP, did what it said on the tin. I'm expecting the same of this sequel.

RIJOENPIAL

Xeno-Xtreme, THAT is usually our first mistake...'You have to see the movie before writing it off' is EXACTLY what Fox expects the majority to do and will do eventually... I can only speak for myself and so far, all I know about this movie is a disgrace... And the soap -operish tone will happen for this reason: in this sort of movies, they tend to do a quick charactersiation to enable us to feel bad when the humans die... And if you have seen the characters' description, it spells out evidently 'pocorn drama' all over it...estranged couple with a young daughter, a sister protecting herlittl

RIJOENPIAL

There are two types of viewers that will se this movie: the fans who WANT some repetitive aspects to be integral to the movie, and the maintream audiences, who want a good story and will stay away from this genre... This is 'Freddy vs. Jason' with all its shortcomings... and only the fans are willing to get the same things in a different package without criticising much... You all know and statede clearly enough what you want from movies like these...I expect differently... That is all...

Xenomorphine

No, there are no indications it will be anything like a soap opera. The same sort of things could be said about the characters from other films in the series, too. Just look at Newt or Mac from 'Aliens' and 'Predator'. One's a little girl in need of a protective mother figure. The other's a soldier who goes psycho when his best friend is killed. Were either of those films like a soap opera? No, they weren't. Yet, if one were to make judgements on purely the types of characters involved, these same judgements would have been made.  There is a time for criticism, but it should be constructive and not with the sort of presumptions being seen on here.  By the way, 'Jurassic Park' had a sister protecting her little brother and adding them to raptors in a kitchen led to one of the most memorable stalking scenes in film history. :)

RIJOENPIAL

Xeno, what I mean by 'soap-opera' is unidimensional, rushed characterisation, like the ones seen in all those movies you mentioned... Newt was a cute character, but if it weren't for Alien3, we would have had a family motif that has no place to do in this sci-fi genre... If you saw soap operas, you know what you mentioned was not at all what I meant... And stop comparing Spielberg's three-dimensional characterisation with this sort of movies...Spielberg is definitely not PWA and the Strauses, so stop comparing the incomparable... It makes it harder for you to see my point...  And again if you know your movie history, you know that a constructive critic is exactly one that points to the shortcomings of an already flawed concept... That is what PREVIEWING

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed