Pre-Order Content Trailer

Started by ikarop, Sep 11, 2012, 07:22:54 PM

Author
Pre-Order Content Trailer (Read 26,563 times)

Griffith

Griffith

Quote from: Sinncrow on Sep 11, 2012, 09:53:15 PM
Ironically, if I recall, people were saying Hudson was crap, Drake was too plastic, Apone was ok, and Hicks was good. Now it's Hudson is good, Drake and Apone are ok, and Hicks is crap and too plastic.

Oh you guys (99% Gearbox)  ::)

The first time the characters were shown was the pre-order bonus screenshot and it was a still frame and most things can be involved at that stage like photoshop, beta models, I don't know, this is the first time we see the characters in motion, and certainly they don't show a lot of detail in likeness, I don't expect them to be ultra hiper realistic models but for gods sake that Hicks looks like shit

The Runner

The Runner

The Flamethrower looks nothing like Ripley's Flamethrower!?  :'(

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: The Runner on Sep 12, 2012, 12:24:22 AM

How so? I think it looks a lot like it.

PFC Hudson

PFC Hudson

Quote from: The Runner on Sep 12, 2012, 12:24:22 AM

I agree, it looks like a longer pulse rifle with the front of a flamethrower. Like a mash up of both guns. Definitely not two guns taped together.

SM

SM

The rear end of the flamethrower looks like the one from the film, the front and nozzle is WTF?

I woulda thought 'Ripley's flamethrower' referred to the flamer and pulse rifle taped together.  The pulse rifle is on the outside for a right hander.  I suspect (hope) that thing in the trailer isn't meant to be an accurate depiction of "Ripley's flamethrower", and is just another weapon and down to the trailer edit.

Though all this talk of flamethrowers, makes me wish for a playable Parker with a Nostromo flamethrower.

Sinncrow

Sinncrow

Quote from: Griffith on Sep 12, 2012, 12:12:58 AM
Ironically, if I recall, people were saying Hudson was crap, Drake was too plastic, Apone was ok, and Hicks was good. Now it's Hudson is good, Drake and Apone are ok, and Hicks is crap and too plastic.

Oh you guys (99% Gearbox)  ::)

The first time the characters were shown was the pre-order bonus screenshot and it was a still frame and most things can be involved at that stage like photoshop, beta models, I don't know, this is the first time we see the characters in motion, and certainly they don't show a lot of detail in likeness, I don't expect them to be ultra hiper realistic models but for gods sake that Hicks looks like shit

What's your point? I never disagreed with the everyone else; I too think Hicks looks crappy. I was just pointing out the humor in the flip of opinions

Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2012, 12:41:30 AM
The rear end of the flamethrower looks like the one from the film, the front and nozzle is WTF?

I woulda thought 'Ripley's flamethrower' referred to the flamer and pulse rifle taped together.  The pulse rifle is on the outside for a right hander.  I suspect (hope) that thing in the trailer isn't meant to be an accurate depiction of "Ripley's flamethrower", and is just another weapon and down to the trailer edit.

Though all this talk of flamethrowers, makes me wish for a playable Parker with a Nostromo flamethrower.

I would kill for a Parker skin and/or Nostromo flamethrower!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

This trailer was shit.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I agree. They did nothing, said nothing, and wanted it all.

this.

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 12, 2012, 01:07:13 AM
This trailer was shit.

WinterActual

WinterActual

This was because 99% of the people didn't realized that the pre order screen was with character RENDERS not actual IN GAME models.

Quote from: Njm1983 on Sep 12, 2012, 12:05:45 AM
Aside from hicks face.... whys he wearing gloves?
Because the default first person hands model is modeled with gloves and you can't change that  ;)

Some screens captured by me ->

PsyKore

PsyKore

Drake looks alright but I think it's largely due to the gear he's wearing and the stance he has as he walks with the smartgun. I dunno about the rest; I just didn't feel it.

SM

SM

dafuq is that gun?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2012, 04:34:13 AM
dafuq is that gun?

Ripley's Flamethrower...which is a f**king ridiculous thing to call it.

SM

SM

Yeah, it's not even close.

PsyKore

PsyKore

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2012, 04:34:13 AM
dafuq is that gun?

Obviously for taking down the new tyrannosaur size aliens now roaming LV-426.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed