Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 270,549 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

QuoteAccording to an interview with Ridley Scott on Screenrant, the ship which left LV-223 and crash landed on LV-426 crash landed some 200 years before the incident occurred on LV-223 before the biological breakout which wiped out nearly all of the engineers. Not to mention the mural depicts fully developed Xenomorphs, complete with the showing of Giger-esque facehuggers.

That's the direction I prefer. Thinking back at some on some of the interviews, they did say that one of the questions they'll be answering is the "different eggs" in Prometheus, which I take to mean the goo vases. Since they've also been heavily shown on the covers of Prometheus and Aliens #1, looks like this will become a plot point. So I definitely think we'll be getting some kind of answers vis a vis xenos and Deacons. Most likely some rescue crew goes onto one of the other Juggernauts and finds traditional xeno eggs, leading to them putting two and two together about how the two species relate (similar yet different weapons). Maybe they even have a symbiotic relationship.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

QuoteAny reason particularly why?
Pretty much for the reasons you laid out. :)

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 17, 2014, 08:10:49 PM
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jan 17, 2014, 07:20:56 PM
Quote from: happypred on Jan 17, 2014, 07:02:36 AM
Imagine if they choose to continue the story of Caryn Delacroix :D

Noooooo! 

Now give mommy a big kiss...

Miss me yet?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100529033617/avp/images/5/54/Aliens_vs_Predator_-_Deadliest_of_the_Species_-_hybrid_king.jpg

Aaaah!  Dude put that in a spoiler! 

Nice find on Tumblr BTW.  This sounds promising:

QuoteHow "hard" is the reboot? Has all previous continuity been erased?

Scott Allie: It is hard. When more is revealed about the nature of this project, you'll see that this isn't really a reboot. It's a complex story with a lot of moving parts. It looks back at Prometheus, for sure, and it looks at the other movies that got these stories started, but it's not heavy with continuity. One challenge with these movies, with doing spinoffs, is that they don't leave you a lot of living characters running around for sequels, or for comics. So we've lined up a team that we think can introduce a lot of new characters into the world that'll make great comic book characters. Not superheroes, of course, but the kind of iconic characters that people follow in modern comics outside of the superhero genre. We think Ridley Scott and James Cameron and everyone else really set us up to be able to do that well.

Part of Machiko's attractiveness for some readers was her lack of "superhero powers," she is just a really tough everyday girl.  Looks like they are giving us more of that type of character :)

happypred

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jan 20, 2014, 01:22:51 PMPart of Machiko's attractiveness for some readers was her lack of "superhero powers," she is just a really tough everyday girl.

Yes, just a tough every day girl who goes around gutting predators and slicing off xenomorphs' heads

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: happypred on Jan 20, 2014, 01:35:50 PM
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jan 20, 2014, 01:22:51 PMPart of Machiko's attractiveness for some readers was her lack of "superhero powers," she is just a really tough everyday girl.

Yes, just a tough every day girl who goes around gutting predators and slicing off xenomorphs' heads

Girls do need quality role models   ;D

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Powerloader on Dec 18, 2013, 05:44:28 AM
Prometheus/Predators deserved way more flak than the AVP movies. 

In fact, AVP is a minor classic right now.  It created a whole sub-genre of fangirls lusting after predators.  That is what I call achievement.  :laugh:

Your opinion is only that, subjective.

Prometheus at least took Alien back to it's roots, where-as AVP took the bad Resurrection designs and turned the Predators into wrestlers that are human-buddies.

Prometheus at least took it in a new direction.

I can't honestly comment on Predators, I thought it was okay but it isn't as fun as the first two. And I'm not that big of a fan of Predator in general anyway.

Master

Master

What Alien ahev to do with Prometheus? You`re talking about design or general movie theme? Cause if it`s about Deacon`s desing, I`m taking AvP Aliens any day. Movie theme is there, but plot is a mess. I think I prefere AvP here too.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 11, 2014, 12:02:30 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 11, 2014, 12:00:04 AM
Because one panel is able to depict an entire fight.

Well no, it's just that if they make out the Engineers to be these end all be all type of character that can manhandle an Alien and Predator at once.. Would you really think that's going to be fair treatment of the characters? No. Now if they treat the characters fairly and actually show them taking licks and still keep on ticking despite and make the three way battle close, great!

Well, they are supposed to be Godlike at the very least. I just hope the Aliens aren't in the same position they were in the AVP movies being treated like George Lucas' Butter.. Ahem I mean battledroids.

MrSpaceJockey

Just saying, one Alien in the first AvP movie was able to take out 2 predators...Anderson handled Aliens just fine.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 25, 2014, 05:40:08 PM
Just saying, one Alien in the first AvP movie was able to take out 2 predators...Anderson handled Aliens just fine.

More specifically AVPR then, I also hate the fact Anderson had to use AR designs, but as I understand that was due to budget constraints more than personal choice.

Quote from: Master on Jan 25, 2014, 05:17:27 PM
What Alien ahev to do with Prometheus? You`re talking about design or general movie theme? Cause if it`s about Deacon`s desing, I`m taking AvP Aliens any day. Movie theme is there, but plot is a mess. I think I prefere AvP here too.

You'll take Alien Resurrection designs over the Deacon?

Both plots have their problems but one is rehashed idea in a different medium and the other isn't.

As an artist I can tell you the Deacon design immediately has more depth to it than the disgustingly simplified Xenomorph seen in A:R and in AVP.

It's better to do something new than to try and use an old monster and make it inferior.

Re-reading my post I realise it sounds a little insulting and I don't like fights so let me just say this.

From an artistic and intellectual standpoint Prometheus is superior.

From an entertainment standpoint perhaps not, but I have two ways of appreciating a film.

One category is where films like Predator fall in, The Fifth Element and Batman Returns.

The other, is Donnie Darko, Prometheus, Lawrence of Arabia etc

I simply prefer the second category.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

QuoteYou'll take Alien Resurrection designs over the Deacon?
Yes.

Especially compared to the far superior Deacon concept designs present in the Prometheus art book.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Seriously?

"I think it might be better if I left... I find you... unpleasant to be around."

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yes, absolutely. The Deacon is goofy and doesn't hold a candle to any of the Alien designs in any of the movies, up to and including the AvP movies.

The concept designs for the Deacon? Those were pretty cool, especially the albino one that had no mouth. Literally any of the concept designs in the Prometheus art book would have been better than what we actually ended up with.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

The Deacon we got in the final product was a bit "cute" by Alien standards, and some of the concept stuff was pretty interesting, but its grownup form might be cool, too. (And yes, I know that second image isn't confirmed as a Deacon.)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I absolutely agree, the Deacon concepts we're seeing in the upcoming comics look worlds better than what was in the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed