Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 830,051 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 27, 2020, 10:41:19 PM
Jeepers Creepers 3

So the Creeper is just James Bond now.

You gotta watch it a bunch to truly appreciate the greatness of its mediocrity.

It's so bad, it's good.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: PredBabe on Feb 28, 2020, 01:37:15 AM
Frozen 2

Disney did it again with Into the Unknown. It's another catchy toon. It was a decent sequel but I think they needed to work out the ending and usage of certain characters a bit more.

Show Yourself was my favorite. Such a beautiful scene.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Void
Messed up Lovecraftian style film, but all the better for it

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Invisible Man (2020)

This is a pretty incredible horror/thriller. I have a couple of misgivings about the last couple of minutes, but they're pretty minor and don't wreck the film for me.

Prez

Prez

Parasite
Great quirky film (expected from Bong Joon-ho) but not what I expected.

That all said I don't think this was more deserving of the Oscar for best pic over the Irishman which was outstanding. However I'm all for non traditional films winning things and getting recognition.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Necronomicon: Book of the Dead

Meh. The first story is okay, the second is dull, and the third is just plain unpleasant, and not in a good way. And the wraparound segment isn't very good, either, with Jeffrey Combs slathered in goofy makeup which is supposed to make him look like Lovecraft, but instead just makes him resemble Bruce Campbell. I think this only has any sort of reputation at all is because it never made it past VHS, at least in this country, and the unavailability gave it a certain amount of mystique. That and certain crowds hate CGI so much that they'll praise anything with a couple of puppets in it.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 28, 2020, 06:43:20 AM
Frozen 2

Disney did it again with Into the Unknown. It's another catchy toon. It was a decent sequel but I think they needed to work out the ending and usage of certain characters a bit more.

Yes that was a good one too, very beautiful. I love the message in the songs. :)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Joker

Very late to the party with this one.  It was excellent, Joaquin Phoenix deserves all of his awards for this role.  That being said, as a DC fan this movie only works as a standalone story, I can't see this Joker really working in a movie involving Batman. 

The score was also absolutely stunning

Prez

Prez

Quote from: PredBabe on Feb 29, 2020, 05:25:04 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 28, 2020, 06:43:20 AM
Frozen 2

Yes that was a good one too, very beautiful. I love the message in the songs. :)

Must admit The Fallout Boy version of Into the Unknown is damn catchy. Solid sequel but yes I felt it got a bit muddled in that 3rd act.

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Mar 01, 2020, 10:25:53 AM
Joker

Very late to the party with this one.  It was excellent, Joaquin Phoenix deserves all of his awards for this role.  That being said, as a DC fan this movie only works as a standalone story, I can't see this Joker really working in a movie involving Batman. 

The score was also absolutely stunning

I agree on most of that too. That said whilst I would have zero problems if they left this as a standalone I am curious how they work this in with an adult  Batman present ...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Beverly Hills Cop

"I was thrown. Through. A f**king. Window!" :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

"Is this the man who...wrecked the buffet at the Harrow club this morning?"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

"Billy, you don't need to get embarrassed if your dick gets hard. It's supposed to get hard!"

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 02, 2020, 02:41:02 AM
"Billy, you don't need to get embarrassed if your dick gets hard. It's supposed to get hard!"

"Take those bananas"

But the greatest thing is seeing Mike with hair.  :laugh:

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 28, 2020, 11:25:56 AM
The Void
Messed up Lovecraftian style film, but all the better for it

"Everything has led to this"

I've got a soft spot for that movie.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 02, 2020, 02:30:46 AM"I was thrown. Through. A f**king. Window!" :laugh:

"What's the f*cking charge for getting pushed out of a moving car? Jaywalking?!"

Prez

Prez

Vanilla Sky
Always was curious about this film but one of those that I never got around to seeing it. So the other night my wife & I are looking through on one of our local FTA On Demand stations and find this one.

Odd film but I dug the premise of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed