Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2016, 08:52:31 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel (Read 104,068 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

In all honesty, I imagine it's just that it's not a story Ridley wants to tell so someone else is. ADF is the kinda guy that if he feels something needs doing, he'll give it a go.

I wouldn't be surprised if this prequel was a result of ADF reading the script for Covvie and going "we need to tell the story of Shaw and David" or some such. That's me assuming about what the prequel is about.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2017, 03:19:46 PM
In all honesty, I imagine it's just that it's not a story Ridley wants to tell so someone else is. ADF is the kinda guy that if he feels something needs doing, he'll give it a go.

I wouldn't be surprised if this prequel was a result of ADF reading the script for Covvie and going "we need to tell the story of Shaw and David" or some such. That's me assuming about what the prequel is about.

Hopefully it would be good to give Rapaces Character some closure, and move on.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I'm sure a lot took place in the 10 year gap between Prometheus and covenant so he probably has at least some freedom to create his own story. More so than on his other aliens adaptions anyway.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Honestly, a prequel about David and Shaw on Paradise sounds pretty cool. Looking forward to whatever the novel turns out to be.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Sounds like a good move. I always thought the original idea of Prometheus 2 being 'the adventures of Shaw and David's head' would make a pretty silly movie, anyway.

Perfect-Organism

Really looking forward to this prequel book from ADF now.

Does it make sense to ask him if he might be at all inclined or allowed to write a Prometheus novelization, perhaps expanding on it in some ways?  Maybe fleshing out the characters pre-Prometheus?  That might give it a valid reason to be made as a novel.  I'm thinking along the lines of Orson Scott Card's novelization of the Abyss.  It is a much more fleshed-out story.  Ideally if there was a release of an Alien: Prometheus extended cut Blu-Ray, it would coincide well with such a release.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2016, 09:22:13 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 30, 2016, 08:52:31 AMADF will also be writing a sequel novel!

I'm excited, but at the same time what's the point if there are going to be more movies? I can only guess the sequel films will be about entirely different things to the book.

Quote from: activistfangirl on Oct 30, 2016, 11:22:07 AMThat is very strange considering there was no Prometheus novel.

There was, but it only came out in Japan.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 31, 2016, 07:25:26 AMIf I understand correctly, he backed out of writing some adaptations as he felt the subject matter was rubbish.

Wrong. He turned down Resurrection because he didn't like how the studio treated him with the third book.

Man everybody got dicked around on that production. I wonder what crafts service had to go through?

Corporal Hicks

I heard back from Titan and they can't tell me anything yet.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Good, maybe somone can press him to find out if we will know fate of Shaw!!

Look into my eye

I was hoping this would be the case when the news first broke as writing a sequel to the film didn't quite fit. Good stuff!

Mustangjeff

Am I to understand that this would be the story of what happened at the end of Prometheus until the beginning of Covenant?

That sounds pretty interesting and could go a long way towards answering questions that might never be mentioned again in the movies.

It would be awesome if the story picked up with Shaw and David exploring one of the other facilities to find a ship, and what they might discover.

Ulfer

It's quite logical and a novel is a perfect way to tackle, if it's the case, the history of Shaw and David before Alien Covenant.

Ultramorph

I would love some clarity in regards to what David is trying to accomplish. Maybe some
Spoiler
references to the Deacon or to David finding info about the xenos from the Engineers ruins. Maybe we'll find out where the eggs come from, too.
[close]

XENOMORPHOSIS

Bit of a let down that Shaw and David's story of the arrival on Paradise to confront the engineers is condensed for Alien Covenant, but at least this novelization will shed some light on these events.

N-Shifter

This is good news, I'll definitely be picking this up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed