Surviving Extraordinary Circumstances, Reviewing Aliens: Resistance & Rescue

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 27, 2020, 06:54:10 AM

Author
Surviving Extraordinary Circumstances, Reviewing Aliens: Resistance & Rescue (Read 5,410 times)

DaniilLogOut

I'll take 426Buddy's side here. You can feel creative pssion in F&S even if story is somewhat disjointed and lacks satisfactive conclusion. Resistance and especially Rescue is just bad, no it's even worse - it's lazy. " Let's feel the story with Aliens cannon fodder ! Let's throw two characters people feel attached to in just for the sake of it ! Let's raise number of Queens to 3 ! Fans gonna love this ! "

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheDerelict on Feb 02, 2020, 07:59:42 AM
As a great man once said "you may not of noticed it. But your brain did."
Kieran Mckeowns artwork of the aliens is identical to  other artists artwork of the aliens. Namely Mignola (salvation) and Jones (hive). And I'm not talking an image used for inspiration, they are complete ripoffs. Mckeowns artwork changes depending on what his aliens are doing in the panel. There are a couple other copied images too but those are the two main ones. And it happens quite often for it to be a coincidence.

It's funny you say this as I said in the podcast that the Aliens reminded me of Sam Keith, then I recanted and never finished the thought. I was going to say it looked like Hive's Aliens. Didn't notice the Mignola though.

QuoteI remember hicks saying that he didn't like aliens fire and stone artwork because the aliens were copied from figure poses or something like that?

That was RidgeTop.

TheDerelict

Didn't notice the Mignola though

There is a page in 'Rescue', a flashback sequence of Zula and Ripley after surviving the explosion from "Resistance". They are surrounded by fire and debris and there is an alien standing there. That alien is identical to an alien in 'Salvation' when Dean is attacked when trying to get to the crashed ship.
Even the twists and the curves and design in the tail are the same.

The Old One

The Old One

Good riddance then.

DaniilLogOut

These xenos reminded me ones from Xenogenesis

The Old One

The Old One

Never a good thing.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheDerelict on Feb 03, 2020, 11:52:29 AM
There is a page in 'Rescue', a flashback sequence of Zula and Ripley after surviving the explosion from "Resistance". They are surrounded by fire and debris and there is an alien standing there. That alien is identical to an alien in 'Salvation' when Dean is attacked when trying to get to the crashed ship.
Even the twists and the curves and design in the tail are the same.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

The Old One

The Old One

Plagiarism is never a good look.

Nukiemorph

Just got my paperback of Rescue.

Why was there a number "1" on the spine of the Resistance paperback? I figured it was because the story would continue in Rescue, but Rescue has no number on the spine...

RidgeTop

Not quite, but definitely similar.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Just finished Aliens Rescue. This was one of the worst Aliens comics/stories I've seen and read.

I'm so happy that low iq creep Wood was busted and will never get to write for DH again.

Colors were great, art and story SUCKED. 1/10 Alien design. Amanda Ripley's character was killed. Hey Wood, YOU SUCK.

PS> Avoided this thread for spoilers, feel relieved many agreed Resistance, Rescue and Wood suck.

The Old One

The Old One

Totally agree, regardless of it's last half issues, Defiance's standalone far as I'm concerned.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed