Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,092 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 23, 2021, 07:47:50 AM
Quote from: ace3g on Sep 22, 2021, 11:20:03 PM
Also check out Kyle's hoodie in the attachment, lol

:laugh: I love it!!!

Haha, me too.

Thanks for posting that Ace. I needed that!  :laugh:

Yautja888

Yautja888

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 22, 2021, 01:45:28 PM
Yes sir. Stan Winston's Predator crew was a small team, with only one character actor (Kevin Peter Hall) and one person of Kevin Peter Hall's stature. For a full film I would believe they would have to consider alternates, but their Predator work was considered "reshoots" with only 2-3 weeks originally designated I recall. Stan celebrated Kevin too, that he never had to lose a shot in those "Predator" reshoots because Kevin couldn't handle it anymore. Not one shot lost. KPH is just a legend. :)

But the red FX suits, yeah, it's also my understanding as well that some stunt guys wore some red suits, but I've never found the precise people named in text or credits.

Craig Baxley mentioned a couple of names in his biography , Henry Kingi and Tony Brubaker, who did stunt scenes in the pred suit.
I think Brian Simpson also was in the suit at some point, possibly in certain slaughterhouse sequences, but I couldn't get a reply from him yet.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 22, 2021, 02:01:32 PM
I have a feeling that Wyatt Weed said it was the stunt co-ordinator (I know he worked on P2, but he knew the guy from P1). Brian Johnson?

So according to the second-hand info Wyatt provided, Brian Simpson, seen below with Kevin Peter Hall's hand on his head....

...wore the red camouflage suit in the trees, and was "pretty sure" Brian was the Predator in these wide shots:

I'll see if I can get more detailed info directly from the source.

Sep 27, 2021, 02:21:33 PM

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 27, 2021, 02:20:12 PM
I'll see if I can get more detailed info directly from the source.

Let me know if you make contact. I wanted to get him on the podcast, but couldn't see any obvious contact when I looked last.

overthere

overthere

Camouflaged Predator moves a lot different than non-camouflaged. In the minigun scene, while he's running away, he even does a little skip.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 27, 2021, 02:21:33 PM

Pure speculation, but what if they use Gort's mask being that it's technically the original Predator mask design?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Pls be right

Kradan

Kradan

No, thanks. Come up with something original

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I don't think I'd mind if it meant a good looking Predator.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 27, 2021, 06:57:19 PM

The last time we got an original one was Fugitive, and it was "meh" at best. Plus if you aren't an obsessive fan, Gort is a new design.

Huggs

Huggs

Master

Master

These are Sasquatch hands...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 27, 2021, 08:26:25 PM

The last time we got an original one was Fugitive, and it was "meh" at best. Plus if you aren't an obsessive fan, Gort is a new design.

As much as the film disappoints, I still like Fugitive's design. I was happy with that.

That said, I wouldn't turn my nose up at Gort either. But I do always find it fun when we get a new take. I'm expecting some sort of warpaint for this one for some reason.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Sep 27, 2021, 05:03:34 PM

Pure speculation, but what if they use Gort's mask being that it's technically the original Predator mask design?

I would personally LOVE that!

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 27, 2021, 08:26:25 PM

Even though to me the Gort design is vastly superior, I did find the armor design of the Fugitive rather interesting, even though it did stray from the ancient yet advanced look we know and love. The mask needed a warning label though...
"Only Remove With Alcohol "

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 27, 2021, 11:48:05 PM

So tiny, but such big hands.

His feet too!

Quote from: Master on Sep 28, 2021, 06:34:15 AM
These are Sasquatch hands...

#TeamSasquatchBros4Life !

ace3g

ace3g

IMDb added a new crew listing

Lori Boyle
Skull (Dog Trainer)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed