Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 02, 2018, 10:23:48 PM

Author
Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5 (Read 88,683 times)

judge death

After seeing his new movie demonic I can say I´m convinced he would had done a bad alien V movie as he tried to do simple horror in demonic and mixing it with monster/abstract humanoid demon designs which didnt hold up very well, and still one get a sense of him wanting to dos cifi and shoter movie as he mixes in scifi into it and high tech priests with weapons which was best part of the movie but ends up in a big let down.

Chappie was a master piece in comparison to this movie.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: judge death on Sep 02, 2021, 05:57:12 PM
Chappie was a master piece in comparison to this movie.

If this is true then I wonder what would happen if Ridley were to watch this?

skhellter

skhellter

a lot of the concept art for Alien V just feels generic too.

The mercenaries look like standard enemies from Cyberpunk 2077
Nothing unique about them.

And the stuff that is unique, like the biomechanical suits.. just looks embarrassing.

There's nothing in this about sexuality gone wrong, or anything else that makes the alien really interesting..
It would've been a story about RIpley defeating the BIG COMPANY!
directed by a rich kid.. who simps for Elon Musk.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah it's just embarrassing.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

NA was supposed to have checked out his new movie the other day but he hasn't said a word - no review, no nothing.

So I can only assume he was so shocked by it that he will never ever speak a single word about Blomkamp ever again.  :-\

skhellter

it's really bad. NA didn't like it.

sounds like a career killer.

Immortan Jonesy

It needed more Chappie stuff 👌

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Only fictional rapists ty. (Signed a former Die Antwoord fan)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, I wasn't into this at all unfortunately. I'm a Blomkamp supporter by and large (I still stand by Chappie!) but this movie was just a big ol' nothing. Grew bored while watching, and I've mostly completely forgotten it by now.

I'll still check out whatever he does next, since I dig District 9 and Chappie... and Elysium has its moments. I want to see Blomkamp do more cool, oddball things, and the intent behind this one, to do something small in scale while the world was shut down with limited resources, was admirable I guess, but this one ain't it, Neill. And I don't think his Alien movie would have been it, either.

Neill seems to have kind of gone the way of M. Night Shyamalan, it seems (a much more apt comparison than the Paul W.S. Anderson comparison I see people throwing around occasionally).

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah the M. Night Shyamalan comparison seems to be fair.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: judge death on Sep 02, 2021, 05:57:12 PM
high tech priests with weapons which was best part of the movie but ends up in a big let down.

Also agreed with this. Very fun idea that honestly could have carried a (much better) movie in its own right, that is ultimately cast aside here and nothing of note is done with it. It all just feels so arbitrary in the end. :-\

And where visuals and satire are usually Blomkamp's stronger suits, even in Elysium which I'd say was his weakest outing prior to Demonic, there's literally nothing intetesting at play in the way of either of those assets here.

BlueMarsalis79

I just think the way he explores stuff's become tired because of so many imitators between his films. I got tired of that kind of chunky technology science fiction visual style back in 2011.

Immortan Jonesy

He rip off himself constantly. But I agree, his futuristic perspective is so 2011. He must just let it go.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Neill Blomkamp calling Denis Villeneuve a "f*cking asshole":  :laugh:

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/1438509882441809931

Envy can be so ugly...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 21, 2021, 08:52:09 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 21, 2021, 03:50:58 PM
Guess he ain't gonna be watchin' The Last Duel and Gucci then? :D

There's always ice cream.

...guess we can add Dune to the list as well then?  :laugh:

SiL

He's not wrong :laugh:

Denis, that is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed