Alien: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 27, 2016, 11:07:57 AM

Author
Alien: Life and Death (Read 27,168 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I read #3 at the weekend. Just want to echo the sentiments of the others. It was alright. Kinda like the f**ked up Queen design but I still think the artwork is mostly all over the place.

And they're still playing with the accelerant effects. I really hope they've co-ordinated with the film makers so it doesn't end up being made redundant in the future.

It would be nice if they'd move away from it for future releases though. Prometheus opened up more for them to explore but no-one can move past the accelerant.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 13, 2016, 08:57:02 AM
I read #3 at the weekend. Just want to echo the sentiments of the others. It was alright. Kinda like the f**ked up Queen design but I still think the artwork is mostly all over the place.

And they're still playing with the accelerant effects. I really hope they've co-ordinated with the film makers so it doesn't end up being made redundant in the future.

It would be nice if they'd move away from it for future releases though. Prometheus opened up more for them to explore but no-one can move past the accelerant.

That's my thinking as well. I really think it will become non canon due to contradictions with future films. One of the reasons I love defiance so much is how well it blends with the established continuity.

For me, my continuity is, Prometheus > Alien > Alien: Isolation > Aliens: Defiance > Aliens > Alien 3

I really I think that everything else is too convulted to fit nicely and that, like we have said, these stories will become redundant.

SM

SM

Not sure how it'll contradict anything at this point.  Where they went post-Prometheus isn't really anything Earth-shatteringly new.  They largely take place on LV-223.  The accelerant has varying affects in the film, so there's scope for further variations in Covenant.

And as sweet as Defiance is, in terms of continuity it does have a whacking great Auriga schematic in it a couple of hundred years early.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: SM on Dec 13, 2016, 11:57:55 PM
Not sure how it'll contradict anything at this point.  Where they went post-Prometheus isn't really anything Earth-shatteringly new.  They largely take place on LV-223.  The accelerant has varying affects in the film, so there's scope for further variations in Covenant.

And as sweet as Defiance is, in terms of continuity it does have a whacking great Auriga schematic in it a couple of hundred years early.

If I remember correctly, the Auriga is an old ship. Like very old.

SiL

SiL

The Betty is old, the Auriga is new[ish].

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Doesn't it state somewhere (novelization, maybe?) that the Auriga is actually pulled out of mothballs for the Alien project?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 14, 2016, 08:30:50 AMIf I remember correctly, the Auriga is an old ship. Like very old.

But saying it's as old as that would be like the Royal Navy dusting off HMS Victory and putting some scientists on board.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 14, 2016, 10:05:18 AM
Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 14, 2016, 08:30:50 AMIf I remember correctly, the Auriga is an old ship. Like very old.

But saying it's as old as that would be like the Royal Navy dusting off HMS Victory and putting some scientists on board.

But it being in Defiance does not directly contradict anything stated in the movies so, for me, it fits nicely.

SM

SM

Of course it does.

Russ840

Russ840

SM

SM

'Cos you like Defiance but not Life & Death.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: SM on Dec 15, 2016, 11:58:26 AM
'Cos you like Defiance but not Life & Death.

So what makes you think that  I do not like 'Life and Death' ? 

SM

SM

The excision from your personal continuity.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: SM on Dec 15, 2016, 08:28:29 PM
The excision from your personal continuity.

Just because I don't include it in what 'I' favour as continuity does not me I don't like it. I think it's weaker than other entries to the AVP universe as a whole so far but I am enjoying it. Same as I enjoyed 'Fire and Stone' enough to Buy the Hardcover edition.

Any other assumptions you would like to make ?

SM

SM

Nope.  I'm good, thanks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed