Prime 1 Collectables

Started by AnthaiHero, Jul 29, 2018, 03:49:44 AM

Author
Prime 1 Collectables (Read 41,084 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

I want to make a correction. Diamond had this listed with a 35% discount code of $300.00. When I went to order this it came up as "net". So yes this will retail for more than $300.00

Sadly I did not order it. A wee bit more than I can afford right now. There was no SRP with this. So the price???

Vark_

Vark_

The life-size 30" Predator bust has been approved and will be released on the 4th quarter of 2019.
Limited 500, comes with the face + 2 different helmets (intact, + damaged in the Deluxe version), LED-lit cannon and helmets.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmku5d_hN3j/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Also, the 29" 1/4 Fugitive Predator statue is scheduled too. Limited 750, with switchable faces / helmets / weapons too (more possibilities available in the Deluxe version). No release date for the moment.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo0gEe2Bkok/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Price is not told for both of them though ::) ...

bobby brown

bobby brown

This is news to me. Looks fantastic. :o :o :o

Probably inspired by Bernie Wrightson's alien artwork.

The Old One

The Old One

I know the "second set" of shoulders are accurate but it looks a little ridiculous.

Otherwise; gorgeous.

bobby brown

bobby brown

It's overcompensating for the lack of shoulder ridges in Covenant. :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

As the Alien in Covenant is intended to be a prototype of sorts, I quite liked that it was bare-bones in that textural respect.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Well, That's what some fans say. Either way, I like the Covenant design, However, the shoulder ridges are an integral part of the alien design in my opinion.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The crew talked specifically how it was intended to be an early iteration and that they were getting to Giger's Alien. It's not just a fan speculation thing.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 26, 2018, 09:15:06 AM
The crew talked specifically how it was intended to be an early iteration and that they were getting to Giger's Alien. It's not just a fan speculation thing.

I own the art book. It never mentions this. I watched the extras on the bluray it never mentions it either. Ridley Scott actually says something along the line that this is a repetition of what we have seen before (the alien) but "hopefully done a little better" Also according to the guys making the effects, they always mention Ridley specifically asked them to do the changes that where made, yet he never ever explain the reasons behind them. I take it as a new interpretation of the creature, thats all. Of course you are all free to believe what you want but there are no official sources on this. The crew alway referred to the creature as the "xenomorph" plain and simple.

The Old One

The Old One

The source isn't non-existent; it's in Adam Savage's video; https://tinyurl.com/AlienAdamSavage

They mention specifically here that it's intentionally more organic.
& I'm confident it was mentioned elsewhere as well.

(Frankly, Adam Savage's videos are better BTS than anything aside from the virals on the Covenant Blu-ray.)
As for the shoulder ridges, they're not non-existent- just smaller and tighter to the body.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It was also mentioned in the set visit interviews and information.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

bobby brown

bobby brown

They mention the design changes where intentional. that's all. can't that always be said?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteThe aesthetic choices aren't just superficial, they tie into the larger story. "Technically, we're slightly earlier than the Giger stuff, a little bit," Seagers explained. "We're sort of edging into that. That's part of that whole storyline."

bobby brown

bobby brown

Flew over my head. Still, don't think that really makes a solid chase. If those where the intentions, why aren't they stated more often when they talk about the creatures?

There where other differences as well, the more developed chestburster, the faster impregnation and such.

My case is a lot of fans want a better intern logic in the fiction, I get that and they tend to project stuff that isn't really backed by official sources, (at least in the beginning) However, I might be projecting too.

I like Covenant, its an entertaining film with my all-time favorite space monster, but I am looking for the opposite of most fans, I want it to be disconnected from the original trilogy. All these subpar prequels can f**k off from my treasured sci-fi classics. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed