Script in the works for PROM Seq

Started by draken161, Feb 27, 2013, 06:59:15 AM

Author
Script in the works for PROM Seq (Read 63,209 times)

TheChazmoch

It's going to be good. It's what I choose to believe.

Narusz

Narusz

It's not going to focus on Shaw, that's for sure. You can't make a movie with a single woman and an android's head. I mean, you can - when you're making a low-budget s-f like Moon, but not when you hire Ridley Scott and give him 100 million bucks to waste. It's gonna be mainstream and mainstream needs lots of dialogue and some cannon fodder. So I guess it'll be about searching for Shaw, and in the end they're gonna find her on the engineers' planet, then fight some monsters and explode the planet.

Really, this series is rather predictable about its endings:

Alien - big explosion
Aliens - big explosion
A:R - big explosion
AVP - big explosion
AVPR - big explosion
Prometheus - big explosion

Geee, I wonder what happens next.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Narusz on Feb 27, 2013, 02:19:05 PM
It's not going to focus on Shaw, that's for sure. You can't make a movie with a single woman and an android's head. I mean, you can - when you're making a low-budget s-f like Moon, but not when you hire Ridley Scott and give him 100 million bucks to waste. It's gonna be mainstream and mainstream needs lots of dialogue and some cannon fodder. So I guess it'll be about searching for Shaw, and in the end they're gonna find her on the engineers' planet, then fight some monsters and explode the planet.

Alien - big explosion
Aliens - big explosion
AVP - big explosion
AVPR - big explosion

Have you seen Alien and Aliens? Alien ended with one character and a cat, and they still made a sequel with the same lead.

I could see them doing something like letting Shaw make it to Paradise and finding humans (or human-like creatures also derived from the Engineers) already living there.

SpaceMarines

Great to hear she's up for returning. :)

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 27, 2013, 11:31:14 AM
I'm still waiting for a decent Alien prequel.

Oh, you must've missed it. Came out last year!

TheChazmoch

Alien - big explosion
Aliens - big explosion
AVP - big explosion
AVPR - big explosion

Except there's this quote from Scott; "I'd love to explore where [Dr. Shaw] goes next and what does she do when she gets there..." (http://screenrant.com/prometheus-sequel-damon-lindelof-ridley-scott-sandy-178928/). And, sure, all of the films end with a big explosion, but as long as what happens up until that point isn't predictable, I'm good. If you were about to watch The Departed for the first time and I told you it ended with a gunshot, would that give away or de-value the story? Nope.

bishoop

bishoop

Alien - big explosion
Aliens - big explosion
AVP - big explosion
AVPR - big explosion

this:
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=46781.msg1588092#msg1588092

Narusz

Narusz

TheChazmoch: don't take the explosion part too seriously.:) I was joking about it, although you can't ignore the fact that there can't be an Alien movie without a big bang in the end.

Prometheuses can't have Shaw as the main character - she's in an alien craft and she can't just visit some colony on the way - it'd collide with other movies. Well, she could just meet some spaceship on the way and join the crew, but that'd be cheap.

Of course, they also could screw with the storyline some more and put whatever stupid thing they want into the script. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Nightmare Asylum

Again, the Engineers didn't just create us. There's bound to be other humanoids out there that share our DNA. Perhaps Shaw will find them when she goes to Paradise.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2013, 02:53:41 PM
Again, the Engineers didn't just create us. There's bound to be other humanoids out there that share our DNA. Perhaps Shaw will find them when she goes to Paradise.

I like to think its just us, the Engineers, and the Aliens, in the film universe.

The existence of any other humanoid beings should be kept a mystery.

Nightmare Asylum

I would have said the same before Prometheus, but now that they went ahead and turned the Space Jockey into what is essentially a proto-human, they might as well just take the idea and run with it. Ridley already said that the planet at the beginning of Prometheus wasn't necessarially Earth, so there's bound to be other species like us hidden away in other corners of the universe.

SpaceMarines

Oh Christ, Prometheus was set-up for the Star Trek universe. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

LV-426: The Final Frontier

And to think we all thought Burke was a bad guy when he sent those colonists to explore...

TheChazmoch

TheChazmoch

Quote from: Narusz on Feb 27, 2013, 02:46:31 PM
TheChazmoch: don't take the explosion part too seriously.:) I was joking about it, although you can't ignore the fact that there can't be an Alien movie without a big bang in the end.

Prometheuses can't have Shaw as the main character - she's in an alien craft and she can't just visit some colony on the way - it'd collide with other movies. Well, she could just meet some spaceship on the way and join the crew, but that'd be cheap.

True, but, as we all know, nuking the site from orbit is the only way to be sure=P

There are easily ways it could work. According to the film's website, The Weyland Corporation has already began the terraformation process of various planets, and given the limited supplies he and Shaw leave LV-223 with, it stands to reason that David's first course of action would be to hunt for supplies. Perhaps they encounter a small colony or research outpost (space station) and David infiltrates in an attempt to scavenge for goodies. He could either commandeer a human craft from that location, or perhaps, he chooses to keep the Juggernaught because of it's advances in space travel tech, and for the purpose of blending in with the context of where he and Shaw intend to go.

True, at the end of Prometheus David is only a head, but they do bring his body. I'd be willing to suspend a little disbelief to accept that David could talk Shaw through repairs.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2013, 03:18:46 PM
LV-426: The Final Frontier

And to think we all thought Burke was a bad guy when he sent those colonists to explore...

He was just our misunderstood Christopher Columbus =P

Salt The Fries

Alien - big explosion
Aliens - big explosion
AVP - big explosion
AVPR - big explosion

What about making one third of w movie about wanted fugitive whose only companion at one point becomes a severed head to which he talks to, ranting and venting? It lasts like that for one fourth or third of the movie. That's right, it's Sam Peckinpah's classic, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia from 1974.

Narusz

Narusz

Quote from: TheChazmoch on Feb 27, 2013, 03:19:02 PM
True, at the end of Prometheus David is only a head, but they do bring his body. I'd be willing to suspend a little disbelief to accept that David could talk Shaw through repairs.

So you're basically saying that Shaw is not only an archeologist, a pathologist (she lead the examination of the head), a geneticist (she studied the cells), a chemist ("we affected the atmosphere!"), a theologist, but now also a technician?:)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed