Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch #2 Released [Updated]

Started by ikarop, Mar 07, 2013, 06:16:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch #2 Released [Updated] (Read 34,113 times)

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 08, 2013, 08:14:03 PM
It's three pages of discussion on the patch including the piece of utterly retarded DLC.

Try and understand. There's a big damn difference between a cosplay and a game. Having aliens running around with dog collars around their neck is a freaking immersion breaker. It has NOTHING to do with the GUY who was actually doing it at cons and nobody has been addressing their remarks AT HIM. Everything is directed at Gearbox.
Yes, nobody is bashing the cosplayer, on the contrary we applaud him and his mates for their fan service by promoting the game but WE DO NOT wish to see dog collars nor rolling donuts in the final product. This is NOT Duke Nukem Forever, it's Aliens for f**k sake! It's insulting at the very least no matter if the game should be regarded as canon or not!
I haven't seen such a mockery in any other alien game for that matter. 

WinterActual

D.R.

the fact that that dog collar exists tells me everything i need to know... morons

Aceburster

Not specifically related to dog collars as it is donuts, theres a hovering donut shaped like the derelict on a desk, at the end of "one bullet" as you enter the second room in the complex after smashing the APC with the crane.

I also figured out that you turn the face huggers to donuts by pressing "E" on the broken laptop on the table after bella bites it.

I hope that the original mystery donut gets patched in because there has been a blatant and obvious disrespect to it thus far.

Njm1983

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 09, 2013, 07:23:20 AM
I got a "new" glitch today while playing escape. I could control my marine character but I was stuck in the pre-round camera view. So my marine could move and fire, but i couldn't see where I was going

Happened to me on galaxy game night 2 weeks ago.

PsyKore

Why are they even bothering patching it? Wouldn't they get more use out of the money by flushing it down the toilet? Contract or not, don't waste the money on this garbage, especially since the game is too far gone to be fixed properly. Give that money to charity or something.

Gren_86

Quote from: PsyKore on Mar 10, 2013, 07:59:10 AM
Why are they even bothering patching it? Wouldn't they get more use out of the money by flushing it down the toilet? Contract or not, don't waste the money on this garbage, especially since the game is too far gone to be fixed properly. Give that money to charity or something.
Or they could just return our money instead and apologize for their deviant and incompetent behavior. Sigh*
There I go day dreaming again... :-[

RagingDragon

Quote from: Gren_86 on Mar 10, 2013, 02:48:48 PM
Or they could just return our money instead and apologize for their deviant and incompetent behavior. Sigh*
There I go day dreaming again... :-[
No, it would take a company run by actual adults to do that. Like this one:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/09/maxis-apologizes-offers-simcity-players-free-ea-game

Quote"...to get us back in your good graces, we're going to offer you a free PC download game from the EA portfolio. On March 18, SimCity players who have activated their game will receive an email telling them how to redeem their free game. I know that's a little contrived," Bradshaw admits, "kind of like buying a present for a friend after you did something crummy. But we feel bad about what happened. We're hoping you won't stay mad and that we'll be friends again when SimCity is running at 100 percent."
And all they did was mess up with the online DRM at launch. The game itself actually sounds like it's great and a lot of work went into it!

FML.

Aceburster

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 10, 2013, 05:59:08 PM
And all they did was mess up with the online DRM at launch. The game itself actually sounds like it's great and a lot of work went into it!

FML.

This shows that a couple companies are catching on to how this whole consumer thing works.

I have to say ive got more respect for EA and co. right now. All of a sudden their separate service required to even play their games feels less like a chore and more like a safety net if they are willing to step up to face problems like this. We can only hope Gearbox is paying attention. I am happy.

Grey_Yautja

Quote from: Aceburster on Mar 10, 2013, 06:17:29 PM

FML.

This shows that a couple companies are catching on to how this whole consumer thing works.

I have to say ive got more respect for EA and co. right now. All of a sudden their separate service required to even play their games feels less like a chore and more like a safety net if they are willing to step up to face problems like this. We can only hope Gearbox is paying attention. I am happy.

Dream on, Gearbox is too busy stroking their egos and dishing out dog collars for DLC.

Xhan

Quotelegally obligated

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Grey_Yautja on Mar 11, 2013, 02:25:34 AM

FML.

Dream on, Gearbox is too busy stroking their egos and dishing out dog collars for DLC.
That, and they just announced the next DLC pack they're working on for Borderlands 2. How about the f**king finish A:CM first? They don't have any idea how pissed Alien fans are with them. Those idiots.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Mar 11, 2013, 05:22:06 PM

FML.

That, and they just announced the next DLC pack they're working on for Borderlands 2. How about the f**king finish A:CM first? They don't have any idea how pissed Alien fans are with them. Those idiots.

Gearbox is definitely populated by idiots, but game companies usually have set teams to work on each individual game.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 11, 2013, 05:39:12 PM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Mar 11, 2013, 05:22:06 PM

FML.

Gearbox is definitely populated by idiots, but game companies usually have set teams to work on each individual game.
True, but considering how horribly messed up A:CM is, and the bullshit they pulled during it's development cycle, they should focus all their assets on getting us the game they stroked their egos about.

They really let us down. If they want to save face, they better do something drastic.

Predaker

After the latest patch, the animated SEGA logo at the beginning is gone now when you boot up the game. Anyone else notice it missing?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed